Children in the Diamond Lounge?

On a side note, several folks not eligible were asked to leave. Cards were taken for drinks and on the last night we got slips to sign.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This was our experience as well June/July.

BTW, you guys looked nicely dressed up at Captains Table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both my wife and I are Pinnacles, and the Diamond concierge on the Adventure (Jan 2017) refused to let our daughter into the Diamond room, even though she was in our stateroom. She was 2 cruise points from reaching the Diamond level before the start of this cruise.

I'm surprised. Was she allowed into the CL with you? ime, the concierges in the CL check IDs while the DL concierges always seem to be preoccupied (always more crowded in there) and don't check.

I'm surprised. Was she allowed into the CL with you? ime, the concierges in the CL check IDs while the DL concierges always seem to be preoccupied (always more crowded in there) and don't check.

We were in a Jr Suite, so our daughter was not eligible to use the Suite CL. Unfortunately, the Diamond Concierge on this cruise was checking IDs for everyone and all days of our cruise. That is all she did it seemed. I know the official rules say one does not get the recognition of reaching the Diamond level on the cruse you make it, but many DL concierges on our prior cruises knowlingly did not follow this rule.

My grand daughter had her 21st birthday on day 3 of a 7 day cruise last year. RCI would not serve her any alcoholic beverages during any part of the cruise.

This surprises me. Our daughter was able to drink at age 19 on an RCI cruise provided we signed an undertaking for her to do so. It was some years ago. Has the policy tightened? It used to be that 18 and above could drink with parents on board who had signed. Legal drinking age where we lived in Canada at the time was 18.

Lots of food touching on MJ this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Welcome back John and Laura...hope you had a fantabulous time! :)

Except for the ...yuck...little fingers all over the food. Unfortunately have seen that many times...sigh.

Good for the diet then, since I won't touch it after that...but how many times do we not observe that in time. :(

On a Freedom of the Seas cruise last year in the Suite Concierge lounge, there were 2 young children misbehaving (very loud talking, picking up food and then putting it back on the plate, and running around the room). The Concierge spoke to the parents about the behavior, but the parents did nothing to correct the problem. After the second warning to the parents to keep their children under control (and still no behavior correction), the Conceirge called security to have the parents and children removed from the Concierge lounge. We never saw then again in the Concierge lounge for the rest of the cruise. Sure wish other Diamond and Suite Concierge would do the same thing when similar behavior occurs.

Bravo to that concierge!! They all need to head that process and follow that example. No excuse for bad behavior. :(

How do you know that they don't/wouldn't?

On Radiance Alaska last year, our concierge in the CL seemed afraid to approach the parents of ill behaved children. One family was really bad with the uncontrolled youngsters. One day the kids came in with robes, wet hair and bare feet. They went right to the happy tisers and touched everything they could, putting some items back when they did not like the looks of them. Then they started loudly running around the lounge.

Upon my questioning the concierge and pointing out the food touching, she simply had the platters removed, but that was it. Sweet and approachable, very helpful, but scared to be wrote up by parents of the offending children should she admonish them. Sad.

On Radiance Alaska last year, our concierge in the CL seemed afraid to approach the parents of ill behaved children. One family was really bad with the uncontrolled youngsters. One day the kids came in with robes, wet hair and bare feet. They went right to the happy tisers and touched everything they could, putting some items back when they did not like the looks of them. Then they started loudly running around the lounge.

Upon my questioning the concierge and pointing out the food touching, she simply had the platters removed, but that was it. Sweet and approachable, very helpful, but scared to be wrote up by parents of the offending children should she admonish them. Sad.

Maybe if all the behaved D and D+ members in the lounge threatened to write about the consierge not controling the bad behaviour they might actually do something about it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I think I remember you posting about that if it's the same incident and I said that it sounds like it could have been high ranking staff family and that's why nothing was said

Edited by setsail

I think I remember you posting about that if it's the same incident and I said that it sounds like it could have been high ranking staff family and that's why nothing was said

That is even worse behaviour if done by a high ranking staff family because they should know better and are embarrassing the staff member.

Maybe if all the behaved D and D+ members in the lounge threatened to write about the consierge not controling the bad behaviour they might actually do something about it.

Look, I have seen D+ and higher behave like children in the CL. Loud, sometimes Drunk, my cruise history is better than yours, and the best yet, complaining loudly that they were out of blue cheese balls. As entertaining as children. [emoji33]

Look, I have seen D+ and higher behave like children in the CL. Loud, sometimes Drunk, my cruise history is better than yours, and the best yet, complaining loudly that they were out of blue cheese balls. As entertaining as children. [emoji33]

No excuse for bad behaviour in my book regardless of who you are.

We have done 45 cruises 42 cruises in balcony cabin and higher so how do you know your cruise history is better than ours.

The children all had gold (Suites) cards on lanyards around their neck. Agree with other poster. Families of high ranking staff members

should be setting a good example of perfect behavior I would think...not the opposite.

No excuse for bad behaviour in my book regardless of who you are.

We have done 45 cruises 42 cruises in balcony cabin and higher so how do you know your cruise history is better than ours.

He's not saying his is higher than yours. He is saying that was the attitude of misbehaving people in the lounge.

He's not saying his is higher than yours. He is saying that was the attitude of misbehaving people in the lounge.

(My cruise history is better than yours) was his phrase.

I would never assume this without facts.

At 60 years of age there is not much that would shock me.

(My cruise history is better than yours) was his phrase.

I would never assume this without facts.

At 60 years of age there is not much that would shock me.

Again, Milwaukee was not referencing you; he was referencing the attitude some high tier cruisers display in the lounge.