Repositioning cruises?

Tahiti is absolutely wonderful - Bora Bora in particular is absolute paradise. I would try to include that in your decision making process, if you haven't been there previously.

Thanks for the feedback. I am strongly leaning towards the Carnival Legend cruise for exactly that reason (Bora Bora/Tahiti). Its somewhere we have never been and it looks like such a beautiful part of the world.

Thanks for the feedback. I am strongly leaning towards the Carnival Legend cruise for exactly that reason (Bora Bora/Tahiti). Its somewhere we have never been and it looks like such a beautiful part of the world.

Both Bora Bora and Moorea are absolutely beautiful. Well worth the visit.

One of the bigger cruise TA's has a $4 deposit promotion going on. I might go see them tomorrow and see what the catch is. If it all looks OK I think I may book the Carnival legend cruise in September next year.

Thanks everyone for their comments :)

One of the bigger cruise TA's has a $4 deposit promotion going on. I might go see them tomorrow and see what the catch is. If it all looks OK I think I may book the Carnival legend cruise in September next year.

Check out the fine print and make sure there aren't any heavy cancellation policies.

Check out the fine print and make sure there aren't any heavy cancellation policies.

Not much risk there, the worst is losing the $4 :-)

The trade-off often with those is that you may have to make final payment earlier.

Its a little bit pricey that cruise. 5K for inside cabin.

Low deposits generally mean an earlier full payment.

Its a little bit pricey that cruise. 5K for inside cabin.

Thats for a single. We have been quoted about 3.5k pp for a balcony and when you consider onboard costs are in $aud and there is no gratuities, it is comparable with similar cruises with Royal Caribbean.

Edited by bigdavefc
More info

Thats for a single. We have been quoted about 3.5k pp for a balcony and when you consider onboard costs are in $aud and there is no gratuities, it is comparable with similar cruises with Royal Caribbean.

Cheers, not so bad then.:D

We are booked this September on the Carnival Legend from Hawaii to Sydney. We are doing it this way, as others have said, to get the flight leg out of the way, six days in Honolulu and then a nice relaxing cruise home.

We have been told by Carnival that currency on board will be AUD and tipping has been included in the fare. Any additional tipping at your own descretion. I do hope this is the case.

I must admit that the excitement button has been pushed and we are really looking forward to something different.

Book and enjoy

Judy

Hi Woodywren we to are watching the one from Sydney to Seattle we hope to tack on a Alaska cruise a few days after we get to Seattle, how do you go about visas if you leave it late to book?

Jacquie

Visa for USA only takes a short while on line and lasts for 2 years.

For Canada. From their website.

Australians

" You need an eTA to visit or transit through Canada by air.

If you travel by land or sea, you do not need an eTA. However, you must always travel with acceptable travel documents and identification."

So no problem with visas.

I received my regular emails from a few of the big Aussie on line TA's today. If your price is cruise fare only you might want to have a look.

$3699 Balcony, air and 1 night Honolulu hotel.

someone is having a 1 day sale

TODAY'S 1 DAY SALE!

More than ever before we have had a strong interest for re-positioning cruises from Hawaii so for today's 1 day sale we have a fantastic offer aboard Radiance of the Seas departing 20th September 2016. This 19 night package includes one-way Economy Class airfare and a 19 night cruise aboard Radiance of the Seas from an incredible price of $2499pp, twin share!

This 19 night Fly & Cruise deal includes:

- One-way Economy Class airfare from Sydney with a 5* carrier (please call for pricing from other gateways)

- 19 night cruise aboard Radiance of the Seas from Honolulu visiting Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora, Cross the International Dateline, Wellington, Picton and Sydney

- All meals and entertainment onboard

- All taxes

BONUS OFFER: Upgrade to an Oceanview Stateroom from $299pp or Balcony Stateroom (very limited) from $399pp, twin share!

Remember all the whinging and whining about not getting the deals Americans were getting ,,,,??:D:D

Them deals is out there..

Go get em..;);)

I am surprised that I have not met or read about anyone from the U.S booking through an Aussie TA. I check all my cruises against both costs here and USA and for local cruises every one bar one is substantially cheaper than they are on the usual USA TA sites.

Example are some of the Explore/Voyager current specials. Specifically Jan 25th 2017. But all of these are similar.

Here balc gty $1141 AUD. ($858 USD at current forex rates)

USA well known TA balc gty $1682 USD. Probably get $200 OBC.

So around twice as expensive. Both include all taxes but not grats.

Has anyone done a re-positioning cruise? )

Love,love, love repositioning cruises. Lots of sea days that let me save money to spend on other cruise bits and pieces as I'm not spending it ashore. I've done 5 so far. When it's a full cruise the sea days can be a bit 'ordinary' but when everyone troops off at ports it's sheer bliss. The other bonus, the prices are usually substantially cheaper than a cruise of the same length. Just be aware that you'll need to add either a return airfare or cruise to get home. I can mostly absorb all these costs and pay around what I would have on a regular cruise.

Most definitely give it a try :)

Love,love, love repositioning cruises. Lots of sea days that let me save money to spend on other cruise bits and pieces as I'm not spending it ashore. I've done 5 so far. When it's a full cruise the sea days can be a bit 'ordinary' but when everyone troops off at ports it's sheer bliss. The other bonus, the prices are usually substantially cheaper than a cruise of the same length. Just be aware that you'll need to add either a return airfare or cruise to get home. I can mostly absorb all these costs and pay around what I would have on a regular cruise.

I agree, the sea days are wonderful and arriving at a different part of the world means you can top and tail your cruise with city stays or land tours to explore inland a bit. (i.e Europe to USA).

• 11 months later...

I have done sea days from LA to Hawaii. Both times, rather rocky. This time we are looking at Hawaii to Sydney or New Zealand. Any comments on time of year and how rocky are the sea days?

I did Sydney to Singapore on rhapsody of the seas. Loved this cruise. Loved the different places that we got to visit and getting to know the crew and guests. The prices was super cheap plus Jetstar over booked and bumped me and my son to premium economy for a couple of hundred $$$

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Woodywren we to are watching the one from Sydney to Seattle we hope to tack on a Alaska cruise a few days after we get to Seattle, how do you go about visas if you leave it late to book?

Jacquie

Which cruise are you looking at? Remember Alaska summer cruise season is short. You can apply for USA ESTA through the official US government website on line (quick process).

PS I love repositioning cruises as long as they cruise with interesting ports of call and have sufficient time in port (e.g. late departure from Papeete to Moorea, nearby, so you can attend an island night at a hotel).

Edited by MMDown Under