Scrapbooking Princess

meandmycruise

I will be cruising Princess for the first time early next year and have been thinking about how/what to scrapbook from the trip. My main question is, do Princess sell stickers or tape or anything 'Princessy' for scrapbooks? Things with their logo etc? Also, what kind of things do people collect from their cruise to scrapbook with? Princess Patters for sure, but are there other souvenir-type scrapbookable materials? Finally, if anyone has examples of cruise scrapbook pages they're willing to share, I'd love to see them for inspiration!

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

We were just on the Grand Princess to Alaska. In the Photo area they sold a scrapbook specifically for Alaska cruises that included everything you would need to make a wonderful remembrance of the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by partzguy

Two years ago on the Emerald they sold a paper pack that included 2 sheets of stickers that included words such as Princess Cruises, and a number of the SeaWitch logo.

I love to scrapbook as well and besides photos (Of course) I will include postcards, brochures, ticket stubs (Both transportation and entry to sites), city maps, small magnets, and even cut up shopping bags with logos and/or pretty designs. I usually include the sign and sail card(s) as well as the ship layout map as it folds up nicely.

Not the best photos, but below are a few pages from our United Kingdom cruise in 2013 on the Ocean Princess.

IMG_0268_zpsk9sotevv.jpg

IMG_0265_zpsirqnfglq.jpg

IMG_0262_zpsjrbp9zny.jpg

On one Caribbean cruise I bought a postage stamp on each island for my scrapbook. They are just beautiful! I also saved some of the store brochures - it is fun to look back at old prices for jewelry, perfume, and other small items. Have a great cruise!

One suggestion to collect for scrapping. I take very large zip lock bags and label them for each day of the cruise including the days before and after cruise if any. Then I collect matchbooks, menus where possible, tour books, maps, etc. any and all paper items and put them in the appropriate daily zip bag.

When I get home I have my pics developed and are in date order. Then I just take the pics, the paper items in the corresponding zip lock bag and I scrap my trips in date order. It is so much fun and like reliving the trip!

I started doing this with our first big trip which was a month in Europe back in 1984 before scrapping was even in everyone's mind. I love looking back at my books every now and then.

Enjoy your cruise and have find making your book!

Pooh

I bought the scrapbooking kit available on the ship. I asked our room steward to bring a couple of postcards of our ship and kept all the covers they had on the glasses in our stateroom, because they had the Princess logo. I collected shells on the beaches and then broke them up once home to make up the page titles. I also keep all the bits and pieces people already mentioned

We should have a scrapbooking forum on here to scraplift ideas ;)

I bought the scrapbooking kit available on the ship. I asked our room steward to bring a couple of postcards of our ship and kept all the covers they had on the glasses in our stateroom, because they had the Princess logo. I collected shells on the beaches and then broke them up once home to make up the page titles. I also keep all the bits and pieces people already mentioned

We should have a scrapbooking forum on here to scraplift ideas ;)

There is, under Cruise Discussion Topics; Cruise Memorabilia

From the main boards just scroll down. Its really quiet though, you can go weeks without seeing anyone post anything.

My friend bought one of the scrapbooking albums offered in the gift shop.

Then she went to the "Arts & Crafts" as listed in Patter and found others interested in scrapbooking and was able to exchange ideas with them.

The ones she did were lovely! :)

We were recently on the Grand Princess to Mexico. The only scrapbook items they had were for Alaska. The photo department was very nice though and gave me an 8x10 of the Grand since he knew I was a scrap booker.

One of the craft sessions may be a journal making session. They'll let you take the kit to finish. You'll need your own tape runner. All they had was Elmer's glue, and it was awful. Another may be a card making session or a quilling lesson. That was fun to learn, and I've used quilling on a page or two.

I get postcards from each port, and even mail one to myself if I have time. I save anything paper - tickets, napkins, drink coasters, tour stickers (they'll have you wear one to identify yourself; just save it on a stray paper after the tour), brochures, etc.

At the beginning of the cruise, ask the steward for two copies of the patters and the port guide every day. Save both. That lets you scrap one whole one, and cut up the other, if you want. Or, use one for the day, but still have one for scrapping.

Check the back of the blue info book on the desk in your cabin. There's stationary there. I sometimes like to take a piece to scrapbook. There may also be a postcard of the ship. Some ships have them, some don't. If not, check the shops.

I've scrapped 4 of my cruises so far. Working on my fifth. I'm way behind, since I've taken enough cruises to be elite... Anyway, I'm flat on my back from foot surgery for a couple more days, but when I'm back on two feet and can get to my shelf, I'll try to take a couple of photos.

Edited by friend of Eeyore
Typo

These are all great ideas!! Depending on where we are going, I try and get local currency. If you stop anywhere for a snack, cocktail napkins sometimes have nice logo's on them. We have black sand from St.Kitts and pink sand from Bermuda. Postcards of the places you are visiting are also good.

I love the Princess Scrapbook Paper/Sticker Kits, but they've been sold out on every cruise I've taken the last 2 years. Same with my friends' cruises. I'm thinking they've sadly discontinued them, but I hope I'm wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the Panama Canal cruise this spring they had craft activities. They passed out lots of supplies to make cards. I just took the supplies and brought them home for a scrapbook. When I said I was not going to do the craft because I wanted to save for scrapbook, the staff brought more items so I could do both. I always go to craft activities to get supplies and learn a new craft.

On the Panama Canal cruise this spring they had craft activities. They passed out lots of supplies to make cards. I just took the supplies and brought them home for a scrapbook. When I said I was not going to do the craft because I wanted to save for scrapbook, the staff brought more items so I could do both. I always go to craft activities to get supplies and learn a new craft.

Ooh.... I'm scheduled for Panama this Christmas.....:D I'll have to pack my tape runner....

One suggestion to collect for scrapping. I take very large zip lock bags and label them for each day of the cruise including the days before and after cruise if any. Then I collect matchbooks, menus where possible, tour books, maps, etc. any and all paper items and put them in the appropriate daily zip bag.

When I get home I have my pics developed and are in date order. Then I just take the pics, the paper items in the corresponding zip lock bag and I scrap my trips in date order. It is so much fun and like reliving the trip!

Pooh

This is such a great idea! I save everything from our cruises, but usually just put it in one big ziploc...maybe I will get more scrapping done if I do it this way!

Pooh

Nice! I usually do this when I start scraping a particular cruise, but I never thought about doing it on the go - it would mean taking more bags (and dealing with a complaining hubby, probably :D ), but it would save so much time sorting later.....

Eeyore

I like to use the top of the Princess Patter on my pages.

I use the section with the date, weather, and dress code on the top of each of my pages as well. I also use other sections on each page - navigator's report, port info, etc. I really need to get a page or two scanned.....