Current Captains

lakemurraykid

On 6/19/2019 at 6:26 AM, mamaofami said:

Hi John,

Hope you and Maria are well. Do you know who the captain will be on Zuiderdam Sept. 15 from Quebec to NY?

Hi Ma'am! Zuidy's master for the 15 Sep 19 voyage to the Big Apple is scheduled to be Capt. Bart Vaartjes

10 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Rotterdam's master on the 2019 VoV is scheduled to be Capt. Pieter Bant. CD is still unk, sorry! Enjoy that awesome itinerary!

10 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Rotterdam's master on the 2019 VoV is scheduled to be Capt. Pieter Bant. CD is still unk, sorry! Enjoy that awesome itinerary!

The Voyage of the Vikings was changed from the Rotterdam to the Zuiderdam. Sorry, I should’ve listed the ship in my original post.  Is the captain still Capt Bant or another?  Thanks. 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:27 AM, lizinvan said:

And the Volendam for the Amazon Explorer Nov 30 which would have been Prinsendam had she not been sold. Wonder where her Captain is going. Don’t recall the name of the Volendam captain for SEAsia Dec 2017 out of Singapore.  Believe he was English. She had just come out of dry dock and there were all kinds of problems  on that sailing. Fingers crossed for this one but seems she may be going back to dry dock before the SA sailing this November.  Thank you for any updates!

Howdy! P-dam's final captain before being handed over to the Teutonics eff. 01 Jul 2019, the vessel, not the master that is, Jeroen Schuchmann, is reportedly going to the Amsterdam to replace long-time HAL captain Fred Eversen there.

Volie's master on the 30 Nov 19 'Amazon Explorer' is scheduled to be Capt. Frank van der Hoeven, a cloggie.

As SailingDutchy so succinctly, as well as eloquently, presented aforesaid, that was, in point of fact, British Captain Christopher Turner in command of Volendam from 03 Nov 2018 until 19 January this year, his last HAL voyage before his retirement

Enjoy that voyage to the Republica Federativa do Brasil and back! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Riversedge said:

The Voyage of the Vikings was changed from the Rotterdam to the Zuiderdam. Sorry, I should’ve listed the ship in my original post.  Is the captain still Capt Bant or another?  Thanks. 

The horror of it all!!!! :classic_ohmy: I will get back to ya!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 12:48 PM, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We will be on the Veendam beginning July 2 until September 7.  Could you tell us who will be the Captain, HD and CD during those dates?  I would not be surprised if there is a change or two during that time.

Lenda

Veendam's captain on the second part of that looong, wow, the Med all the way to Bean town, voyage, starting on 07 Aug. will be Capt. Steven MacBeath. Unk as of yet, who will be in command during the first part since VEDM's current second captain, Irishman Colm Ryan, is now a traveling master a la Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek, he of the daily blog. The HD's will be Frank Ulbricht and Leonie Henry. One of the CD's is scheduled to be Thomas Weber. The second is unk as of yet

2 hours ago, Riversedge said:

It won't be Pieter Bant since he'll be on Rotterdam. Zuidy's master during that time period is scheduled to be Capt. Bart Vaartjes

On 6/20/2019 at 10:09 AM, beaming90 said:

So here's the deal. Going on my first HAL cruise August 4 on the Oosterdam.  I need to know the Captain's name because I am a picky eater and I have told the other people going with me that I may have to marry him just to get him to dock at McDonalds when I can't find anything to eat...(Hee hee hee hee tee hee hee.) So I guess I would like to know the name of the Captain on the Oosterdam please.  Just as a joke with the rest of my party but it is interesting to know anyway.  Thank you Copper for all your fabulous answers on here!  Lisa

Hi Lisa, the McDonalds fan! Sorry to say that Oostie's master is still unk at this time since there has been a petit peu of shuffling going on. I'll keep my eye out for ya

Image result for THe letter I

• Like 1

3 hours ago, echoshipmate said:

Hello Copper10-8. Last time I inquired if you knew who were the key players on the Amsterdam, July 29, followed by August 12. Seems it wasn't clear who may be onboard during our b2b. Any fresh news? Thanks as always.

There is word Capt. Jeroen Schuchmann, he of P-dam, will be relieving Capt. Fred Eversen on 15 Jul. HD is scheduled to be Norbert Kovacs

18 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Veendam's captain on the second part of that looong, wow, the Med all the way to Bean town, voyage, starting on 07 Aug. will be Capt. Steven MacBeath. Unk as of yet, who will be in command during the first part since VEDM's current second captain, Irishman Colm Ryan, is now a traveling master a la Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek, he of the daily blog. The HD's will be Frank Ulbricht and Leonie Henry. One of the CD's is scheduled to be Thomas Weber. The second is unk as of yet

As usual, thanks for the info.  We have sailed with one of the above mentioned.  Steve MacBeath was the relief captain on the Prinsendam in 2017 for two weeks while Captain Dag was off playing with the simulator in The Netherlands.

There really must have been a shake up with all the unknowns I’ve been seeing lately.

It will be a long cruise which we like.  Besides, once we go to all the trouble of packing and flying, we don’t want to have to turn around and head home in a week or two.  And it is getting hot in Texas.

7 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

As usual, thanks for the info.  We have sailed with one of the above mentioned.  Steve MacBeath was the relief captain on the Prinsendam in 2017 for two weeks while Captain Dag was off playing with the simulator in The Netherlands.

There really must have been a shake up with all the unknowns I’ve been seeing lately.

It will be a long cruise which we like.  Besides, once we go to all the trouble of packing and flying, we don’t want to have to turn around and head home in a week or two.  And it is getting hot in Texas.

There has been/will be some "captain movement" with retirements, losing a ship/P-dam, shore assignments in SEA, Capt. Mercer not coming back until his "retirement" world cruise next January, etc. Rotation mix ups are a regular thing every two-three years or so. Enjoy that long one!

On 6/5/2019 at 4:02 AM, sailingdutchy said:

Hello Copper John , how are you doing ? On Aug 10th we are boarding the Koningsdam and bringing our daughter , son in law and grandsons to celebrate our 50th . It will be their first cruise and I hope for us to renew our vows , it will be a surprise to my dear Martha , hope she can handle the shock , I guess as long as she does not have to promis to obey ! . Could you tell me please who the captain will be ( I guess who usually performs this ceremony )  and some of the senior officers ? Would this also be the same senior staff for the k'dam October 15th cruise ?

Greetings from Canada , appreciate your input .

Tony , Sailingdutchy :classic_biggrin:

Congratulations in advance are in order Tony, for you and Martha 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a young Irish captain on the Nieuw Statendam  as of late March which is not that common with HAL.  They tend to have mostly Dutch officers.  He was very nice.

Edited by MeandtheSea
Spelling

1 hour ago, MeandtheSea said:

There is a young Irish captain on the Nieuw Statendam  as of late March which is not that common with HAL.  They tend to have mostly Dutch officers.  He was very nice.

Besides the one you mention, Noel O'Driscoll, there is a second Irish Captain, Colm Ryan.

The current count:

Twenty nine Cloggies

Seven Brits

One Canadian 

One Kiwi

One Pole

5 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

Copper,

Any late word on who the Cruise Director and Entertainment Director/Show Host/Whatever you call them now, for the Voyage of the Vikings on Zuiderdam 7/30/19?

Many thanks.

No update, sorry! Enjoy that ride!

18 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Besides the one you mention, Noel O'Driscoll, there is a second Irish Captain, Colm Ryan.

The current count:

Twenty nine Cloggies

Seven Brits

One Canadian 

One Kiwi

One Pole

Noel O' Driscoll is a very delightful man from County Cork. When I am on the Nieuw Statendam in November I hope he is the Captain  

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Noel O' Driscoll is a very delightful man from County Cork. When I am on the Nieuw Statendam in November I hope he is the Captain  

It will be her Dutch take-out captain, Father, Sijbe de Boer