Current Captains

lakemurraykid

2 hours ago, syesmar said:

Hi,

Do you know who the current captain is for the Nieuw Statendam?  And the Cruise Director?

THANKS!

Hi

NSDM:

Capt Sijbe de Boer

CD Jairo Lobo

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Hi Copper,

Can you tell me who will be captain for the Maasdam Circumnavigation of Australia in October?

Thanks in advance.

Capt. Ryan Whitaker is scheduled; awesome itinerary! 

Until my cruise to Alaska last month (on the Maasdam of course), it had been a while since I had cruised. Maritime Academy has taken up all of my time! I will finally be testing for my license in January. Some friends have asked me to join them for the April 3rd Maasdam cruise to Mexico and I was wondering who the Captain will be. In the past six years I have sailed eight times on the Maasdam and not once sailed with Captain Arno Jutten! I was hoping to meet him but I know that is right around the time the Captain usually rotates on the Maasdam. Also, right after graduation on May 2nd my family will be joining me for Maasdam's May 4th sailing to Alaska and was wondering if Captain Ryan Whitaker will be returning, I had a very enjoyable conversation with him on my trip. I do miss sailing with Captain Ane Jan Smit, he still holds a special place in my heart as the man who inspired me to turn my life around and go to Maritime school! Thank you for all your hard work and information, Copper John! I know so many people are thankful for your insight. (Hoping to join Holland America myself once I get my license and Dutch endorsement.)

• Like 1

Hello Copper John , how are you doing ? On Aug 10th we are boarding the Koningsdam and bringing our daughter , son in law and grandsons to celebrate our 50th . It will be their first cruise and I hope for us to renew our vows , it will be a surprise to my dear Martha , hope she can handle the shock , I guess as long as she does not have to promis to obey ! . Could you tell me please who the captain will be ( I guess who usually performs this ceremony )  and some of the senior officers ? Would this also be the same senior staff for the k'dam October 15th cruise ?

Greetings from Canada , appreciate your input .

Tony , Sailingdutchy :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, Copper10-8 said:

Capt. Noel O'Driscoll for nine more days

Capt. Sybe de Boer until 07 July

Capt. Noel O'Driscoll until 27 Sep

Capt. Sybe de Boer until 15 Dec

I assume this means that Capt. O'Driscoll departs the ship on Sep 27, rather than it's his last sailing? I'm a little disappointed-- we are on the Sep. 27 sailing, and our family has Irish roots. I was hoping to meet him!

9 hours ago, stickey_mouse said:

I assume this means that Capt. O'Driscoll departs the ship on Sep 27, rather than it's his last sailing? I'm a little disappointed-- we are on the Sep. 27 sailing, and our family has Irish roots. I was hoping to meet him!

Correct!

We are considering booking NS for the previous cruise (Sept 15th ex Amsterdam) as the first stop will be Cork (Cobh), and he will be sailing into his home port.  (OK his real home port is Castletownberehaven down in West Cork, but its a fishing village and NS wouldn't reach the quayside!).

I am hoping that HAL does a bit of PR and lets media know about this 'occasion' 😉

• Like 1

And the Volendam for the Amazon Explorer Nov 30 which would have been Prinsendam had she not been sold. Wonder where her Captain is going. Don’t recall the name of the Volendam captain for SEAsia Dec 2017 out of Singapore.  Believe he was English. She had just come out of dry dock and there were all kinds of problems  on that sailing. Fingers crossed for this one but seems she may be going back to dry dock before the SA sailing this November.  Thank you for any updates!

52 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

And the Volendam for the Amazon Explorer Nov 30 which would have been Prinsendam had she not been sold. Wonder where her Captain is going. Don’t recall the name of the Volendam captain for SEAsia Dec 2017 out of Singapore.  Believe he was English. She had just come out of dry dock and there were all kinds of problems  on that sailing. Fingers crossed for this one but seems she may be going back to dry dock before the SA sailing this November.  Thank you for any updates!

That was more than likely Captain Christopher Turner , one of our favorite captains . He has since retired on Jan 18th of this year . His last cruise was on board the Volendam also .

So here's the deal. Going on my first HAL cruise August 4 on the Oosterdam.  I need to know the Captain's name because I am a picky eater and I have told the other people going with me that I may have to marry him just to get him to dock at McDonalds when I can't find anything to eat...(Hee hee hee hee tee hee hee.) So I guess I would like to know the name of the Captain on the Oosterdam please.  Just as a joke with the rest of my party but it is interesting to know anyway.  Thank you Copper for all your fabulous answers on here!  Lisa

On 6/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, SilvertoGold said:

Copper!

Has Jessica Schumann been joined by any other ladies as Hotel Directors yet on HAL?

Senior GRM Marion Koopman, awesome lady, filled in as HD last year but, as of today, Jessica S is the only female HAL HD. A few years back, HAL had Marcella Himmelreich (see pic below) as a female HD but she has since resigned

image.jpeg.bb3c2cc7200751f89a9ee3b17323233c.jpeg

Edited by Copper10-8

On 6/4/2019 at 5:44 AM, StormyWildcat said:

Until my cruise to Alaska last month (on the Maasdam of course), it had been a while since I had cruised. Maritime Academy has taken up all of my time! I will finally be testing for my license in January. Some friends have asked me to join them for the April 3rd Maasdam cruise to Mexico and I was wondering who the Captain will be. In the past six years I have sailed eight times on the Maasdam and not once sailed with Captain Arno Jutten! I was hoping to meet him but I know that is right around the time the Captain usually rotates on the Maasdam. Also, right after graduation on May 2nd my family will be joining me for Maasdam's May 4th sailing to Alaska and was wondering if Captain Ryan Whitaker will be returning, I had a very enjoyable conversation with him on my trip. I do miss sailing with Captain Ane Jan Smit, he still holds a special place in my heart as the man who inspired me to turn my life around and go to Maritime school! Thank you for all your hard work and information, Copper John! I know so many people are thankful for your insight. (Hoping to join Holland America myself once I get my license and Dutch endorsement.)

Hi Wildcat that is Stormy! Maasie's current captain rotation is still Capt. Arno Jutten and Capt. Ryan Whitaker. Having said that, April and May 2020 is still quite a while away and that rotation can easily be altered with new personnel/masters coming in. If the rotation stays intact, it looks like that it will be Capt. Whitaker being in command of MADM for most of April and the entire month of May next year. Good luck with your ongoing studies and especially with your masters/first mate exam in January!

On 6/4/2019 at 7:02 PM, sailingdutchy said:

Hello Copper John , how are you doing ? On Aug 10th we are boarding the Koningsdam and bringing our daughter , son in law and grandsons to celebrate our 50th . It will be their first cruise and I hope for us to renew our vows , it will be a surprise to my dear Martha , hope she can handle the shock , I guess as long as she does not have to promis to obey ! . Could you tell me please who the captain will be ( I guess who usually performs this ceremony )  and some of the senior officers ? Would this also be the same senior staff for the k'dam October 15th cruise ?

Greetings from Canada , appreciate your input .

Tony , Sailingdutchy :classic_biggrin:

Hi Dutchy who is sailing! K-dam's captain in August is scheduled to be fellow Canadian Darrin Bowland, eh! And yes, he would be the one performing the renewal of vows ceremony. The HD is scheduled to be Santosh Chandrasekher Nair

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Hi Dutchy who is sailing! K-dam's captain in August is scheduled to be fellow Canadian Darrin Bowland, eh! And yes, he would be the one performing the renewal of vows ceremony. The HD is scheduled to be Santosh Chandrasekher Nair

That's awesome John , Thank you very much ! Captain and us can communicate , eh ! 

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2019 at 10:03 PM, stickey_mouse said:

Yes, for your 27 Sep 19 Nieuw S sailing, you're scheduled to get Capt. Sijbe de Boer, her take-out captain. He's joining the same day you are

On 6/19/2019 at 6:12 AM, Riversedge said:

Now that we are getting closer to our July 30 Voyage of the Vikings I wondered if you knew who the hotel director and CD will be?  Thanks for all you do for us. 

Rotterdam's master on the 2019 VoV is scheduled to be Capt. Pieter Bant. CD is still unk, sorry! Enjoy that awesome itinerary!