No more lobster in the Haven

hpecorari

The Haven Restaurant on the Getaway a few weeks ago was our favorite part of the experience. Best restaurant ever. We skipped using all of our SDP to eat an extra time in there. Very surprised they would remove lobster from the menu. Guess now that I'm back to my regular balconies I'll have less that I'm missing:(

I hope that's not true. I'm not a huge fan of lobster, but it was consistently delicious at Teppanyaki.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going from memory (I'm not on a good device/app for searching), I want to say it was a thread in the last week or so, maybe from Escape? And someone reported hearing it from a Teppanyaki chef.

Going from memory (I'm not on a good device/app for searching), I want to say it was a thread in the last week or so, maybe from Escape? And someone reported hearing it from a Teppanyaki chef.

Ha! You're right! I remember reading that thread now. Well, that sucks [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not even the surf and turf? Can you post a picture of the new haven menu?

Surf and turf comes with shrimp. I have photos -

just don't know how to upload them here from my iPad

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Thanks, Harriett - surely, you are still going to enjoy the cruise.

In lieu of serving lobster upstairs, are they substituting it with - tiger prawns or plain large (jumbo) shrimp, for the "convenience" :D

Order it from specialty dining menu & have the butler take care of the details ??

This is going to be another straw into the camel's back against that upscale experience for a few more. One of my nieces & her friends who's been doing the Haven on the Getaway for the last 2 years - they would've been a little disappointed :mad: Good thing - they booked a fly-n-stay AI package this month to Atlantis instead.

Here's that 5 days old post/thread from the Escape - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50620925#post50620925

Edited by mking8288

Onboard the Breakaway right now… The Haven restaurant no longer has lobster on their menu for dinner. I was told it was removed two or three weeks ago.

Harriet

There was no lobster when I was on the GA in a suite in 2014....it appears to come and go. So far I haven't been lucky enough to have any that was good, just the little bitty tails they used to pair with a piece of fish in the MDR.

Edited by Medtech2

There was no lobster when I was on the GA in a suite in 2014....it appears to come and go. So far I haven't been lucky enough to have any that was good, just the little bitty tails they used to pair with a piece of fish in the MDR.

We did not have it either in 2014 or 2015 . Was surprised to see it on the menu,

Oh well.

It's not that complicated. If they can source it at a good price they will have it. If they cannot, they won't. The market on Lobster right now is quite high, if their contract ended they may not be able to re-source it right now.

Is anyone currently in the Haven that can send a copy of the new dinner menu.

If lobster is removed, how they changed the other items as well. That

was a great menu. We are sailing in September on the Breakaway, and I was looking forward to eating dinner in the Haven a few nights, and having the lobster.