No more lobster in the Haven

hpecorari

I get it but I can tell you the Haven on NCL is still superior to RCCL suite perks as well as CCL. I haven't tried MSC yet but I may be getting close. The Haven prices are still on par/lower than RCCL Suites if you add in the specialty dining and drink packages (although on Royal, all don't need to purchase and they have Coke products).

I disagree. I think RCCL is better. MSC looks superior to both.

I'm amazed this is such a big deal that its gone. It wasn't a big deal when it showed up out of the blue, so why is it such a big deal now? Its no different than when I was in the Haven in January. Clearly people on CC don't like change. :)

I'm amazed this is such a big deal that its gone. It wasn't a big deal when it showed up out of the blue, so why is it such a big deal now? Its no different than when I was in the Haven in January. Clearly people on CC don't like change. :)

When I was on the Escape in January the Haven did have lobster. I was also told it was two or three weeks ago. So I'm not understanding your comment that it was no different when you were in the Haven in January. In January lobster was available in the Haven.

Harriet

It is marketed as an upscale experience. When you are paying $10k + for a cabin, it's ok to expect lobster.

When I was on the Escape in January the Haven did have lobster. I was also told it was two or three weeks ago. So I'm not understanding your comment that it was no different when you were in the Haven in January. In January lobster was available in the Haven.

Harriet

I was on the Getaway mid January and the Haven didn't have lobster, the only lobster was at Cagney's

It is marketed as an upscale experience. When you are paying $10k + for a cabin, it's ok to expect lobster.

Its ok to expect anything, all I'm saying is its not like it was there for years and then they took it away. I was on Getaway mid January and it wasn't on the menu then. Therefore they took away something that was there for 7 or 8 months at most, I don't see that being a big deal.

Either way the Haven is an upscale experience with or without lobster, I'm not sure that's what makes something upscale.

Bird in Jersey, There will be two girls having temper tantrums this weekend! Will be on board this Sunday and my daughter (10yo) has been SO excited at the prospect of lobster every night. She LOVES it and this was going to be her chance to eat it every night for a week.

I am generally not a complainer. However, when you pile some the recent changes together - the water policy, no lobster - I can see how people who are paying good money to vacation, would be upset. Will it ruin my vacation, no! But it is making me wonder what other changes are coming and how it might drive even the most loyal NCL fan away.

Just wanted to say hi to you and Bird in Jersey! I will be in the Haven with you! I'll have two boys 23 and 18 and a dd-22 (oh and my dh and mom LOL). We have cruised in Haven before and not sure if they remember lobster but that will be the least of my worries next week (I hope LOL). Just wanted to say see you in the Haven! If you see me the first day, I'll be wearing a blue/white 3/4 length sleeve top and white shorts and my dh is a big guy. Please say hi!

I disagree. I think RCCL is better. MSC looks superior to both.

I kept looking at Haven. But after reading reviews, I booked MSC Yacht Club for way less than the Haven (and, yes, I've been in NCL suites before, but a couple of years ago when the price wasn't soooo high). Haven WAS my first choice, but now I find myself really looking forward to the Yacht Club. I'll let you know what I think. (I've read the lobster is really good on MSC, and it's cold water too).:)

I kept looking at Haven. But after reading reviews, I booked MSC Yacht Club for way less than the Haven (and, yes, I've been in NCL suites before, but a couple of years ago when the price wasn't soooo high). Haven WAS my first choice, but now I find myself really looking forward to the Yacht Club. I'll let you know what I think. (I've read the lobster is really good on MSC, and it's cold water too).:)

When are you going as would be interested in hearing about your Yacht Club experience ... we have a Haven booked but it's not till late next year ... so still keeping an eye out on other itineraries/lines ...

Its ok to expect anything, all I'm saying is its not like it was there for years and then they took it away. I was on Getaway mid January and it wasn't on the menu then. Therefore they took away something that was there for 7 or 8 months at most, I don't see that being a big deal.

Either way the Haven is an upscale experience with or without lobster, I'm not sure that's what makes something upscale.

I think that this maybe something that is ship related. I was on the 5/29 sailing of the Breakaway and they had both lobster tail in a surf and turf, and whole lobster. Frankly, I had the surf and turf, which was very good, more to try it than anything. I'm actually not a huge lobster fan, and can take it or leave it. I completely agree that the Haven was an upscale experience in every way irregardless of lobster. That ranking is for both the Haven restaurant and the as a whole. [emoji3]

Yacht Club can be done for much less than the Haven. We're booked on Seaside for 2018 in a Deluxe Suite. It's smaller than a H6 and has a smaller balcony (over $1,000 less, though) but I'm looking forward to trying something new (never sailed MSC before).

We haven't given up on NCL Haven (back on Escape in 2017) but if the Yacht Club can match or surpass the Haven, NCL might lose us....until Breakaway Plus 3,...maybe.

I was really looking forward to the lobster this Sunday. I was in the Haven a few years ago on the Breakaway and they didn't have it then, and thought the Haven restaurant was fantastic. So I guess it's no big deal now, but was looking forward for the lobster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is exactly what my husband said. Totally agree. And we are talking whole lobster in the Haven restaurant, not just lobster tail.

Thank you! Actually I'm doing pretty well… And making the best of my days as long as I can!

Harriet

"you go girl".:D..so glad you are enjoying !;) been thinking of you...

I don't care for Lobster that much. My last 2 Haven suites had Lobster in the Haven restaurant ONLY on the night they served lobster in the MDR. When they discontinued the lobster in the MDR, it was also discontinued in the Haven. I guess they started serving lobster only in the Haven again?

When FDR added hot dogs to as an entrée on a restaurant menu, that was crossing the line. If you want a hot dog....go to the buffet or cook out. That is not an entrée. Removing a lobster dish is small potatoes ;)

Maybe a hot dog night is coming to the Haven ;)

Edited by david_sobe

I think it was available in Cagney's...I wonder if it still is...or if my memory is shot.

It's available for a la carte it the MDR, and at Cagney's, and Le Bistro. I don't know if it's also on the new La Cucina menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think that this maybe something that is ship related. I was on the 5/29 sailing of the Breakaway and they had both lobster tail in a surf and turf, and whole lobster. Frankly, I had the surf and turf, which was very good, more to try it than anything. I'm actually not a huge lobster fan, and can take it or leave it. I completely agree that the Haven was an upscale experience in every way irregardless of lobster. That ranking is for both the Haven restaurant and the as a whole. [emoji3]

I am on the Breakaway and as I stated - lobster was removed from the Heaven 2 or 3 weeks ago. Two months ago when you were on her they still had it.

Harriet

I was in the Haven on July 17 to 24 - GA -- they had lobster and we pretty much had it everyday (maybe we scared them enough to remove it from the menu).

The lobster was much better in the Haven -- actually everything was prepared better in the Haven, food, drinks, etc...

I don't care for Lobster that much. My last 2 Haven suites had Lobster in the Haven restaurant ONLY on the night they served lobster in the MDR. When they discontinued the lobster in the MDR, it was also discontinued in the Haven. I guess they started serving lobster only in the Haven again?

When FDR added hot dogs to as an entrée on a restaurant menu, that was crossing the line. If you want a hot dog....go to the buffet or cook out. That is not an entrée. Removing a lobster dish is small potatoes ;)

When you read of people raving about chicken fingers and mozzarella sticks you can totally see them ordering a hotdog in the MDR. I guess it gives them a more celebratory experience on their cruise while not stretching their culinary comfort zone....

You're referring to the hot dogs in O'Sheehan's, right? I'd hardly consider that an "entree" as you call it. I figured it's a sports bar, and some people like to grab a dog while watching a ball game. It's actually a pretty common thing.

Sure, some people might say, "I'd never have a hot dog for an entree!" when those same people would gladly grab a hot dog at a game. Ditch the word entree, since categorization of food at OSheehan's is just silly.

You're referring to the hot dogs in O'Sheehan's, right? I'd hardly consider that an "entree" as you call it. I figured it's a sports bar, and some people like to grab a dog while watching a ball game. It's actually a pretty common thing.

Sure, some people might say, "I'd never have a hot dog for an entree!" when those same people would gladly grab a hot dog at a game. Ditch the word entree, since categorization of food at OSheehan's is just silly.

Hot dogs are on the menu in the Haven pool area.

Harriet

Unfortunately, the one removed from the Haven menu was a 1.5 lb whole cold water lobster. I have had it before and it was very good and I get them fresh caught here in NJ all the time. Is it a big deal that we can no longer get them? NO. But when I spend 9k on a cabin and they start to take stuff away and throw a couple of lousy shrimps in its place I no longer care to spend my hard earned dollar on a diluted product. Geez, I can't even get a comped bottle of water for 9 grand? I just came back from a week at an all inclusive in Mexico that was less than half the price and it included lobster, filet mignon and UBP and low and behold all the bottled water I could drink!!!!!!!!

IMO there are much better values than the nickel and dime product NCL is now offering. Once my cruise certificates run out we will no longer be using this cruise line in the future.