How do you carry your sign and sail card?

kheilmann

50 minutes ago, Ehpride said:

I'm a lowly gold. My status isn't going to impress people. 😂 I'd love to use a pocket, but for some reason, clothing manufacturers don't think women need functional pockets.

Gold is not "low", it is on the way to Platinum, Platinum Plus....and Ambassador.

Gotta start with Bronze......then silver........then gold......you are at the third level of six!  

Sounds good to me.

NCL has very nice perks as you work your way up the ladder.:classic_wink: 🤗

On 12/4/2018 at 1:49 PM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

Gold is not "low", it is on the way to Platinum, Platinum Plus....and Ambassador.

Gotta start with Bronze......then silver........then gold......you are at the third level of six!  

Sounds good to me.

NCL has very nice perks as you work your way up the ladder.:classic_wink: 🤗

Gold on Carnival is the third level too, but they just have five "VIFP" levels. Blue, Red, Gold, Platinum, & Diamond. The perks aren't so great on the low end, but there was talk last year about revamping their loyalty program, which would include some better incentives for the lower levels.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:58 PM, winchesterdog said:

I use lanyards but I always make sure I have the kind that has a detachable end piece. I hate to keep removing the lanyard from my neck constantly.

Same here. We bought some waterproof pouches for our phones online a few years back and they happened to come with lanyards with a quick-release clip. We don't use the pouches that much, but discovered the lanyards work great with S&S cards. I love the ability to simply unclip the card only rather than take the whole lanyard from around my neck.

Edited by Organized Chaos

35 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Same here. We bought some waterproof pouches for our phones online a few years back and they happened to come with lanyards with a quick-release clip. We don't use the pouches that much, but discovered the lanyards work great with S&S cards. I love the ability to simply unclip the card only rather than take the whole lanyard from around my neck.

Love the lanyards with quick release buckle, makes it so much easier when at the bar.  My lanyard has a piece of material on the quick release that matches the rest of it, makes it very easy to find my card when the bar is packed and also easier for the bartender to remember who’s card is who’s since it matches me.

Honestly, I would be stressed and checking my pocket every two minutes to be sure I didn’t lose it.  The lanyard is a stress reducer.

1 hour ago, Darwal said:

Honestly, I would be stressed and checking my pocket every two minutes to be sure I didn’t lose it.  The lanyard is a stress reducer.

I totally agree!!! I don't want to be stressing out about losing my card. I have had many many things fall out of my pockets.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2016 at 11:39 AM, kheilmann said:

Question for experienced cruisers? How do you carry your sign and sail card? Do they provide some kind of lanyard with card holder? Or do people put them in their wallets? I'm imagining wanting to wander around the ship without a purse, and my kids don't usually carry wallets, so how do people keep their cards on them? Actually, because our room reservations don't match where we will actually be sleeping, both my oldest son and I are going to have to carry two cards with us -- one for charging and one for access to the room we are sleeping in. So double the consideration. 😉

I carry it in my pocket, works fine. I have never tried using a lanyard. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, Ehpride said:

Judging someone else for how they choose to carry their S&S card seems like a lot of effort for a vacation personally. 

Sometimes I use a lanyard. Sometimes I use my bag. Sometimes I use my evening clutch. It just depends on what's convenient at the time.

Amen

• Like 1

Although I have a lanyard that I usually use, I recently bought a phone purse that is small, but big enough for my iPhone to fit in. It also has slots for cards, so I can also keep card in there. I was looking for something to hold my phone, as I use it only for pics and I didn’t want to have to carry it everywhere. It has a cross body strap so my hands are free. Love it! Nothing else can fit in it though, just a phone. Hubby will have to carry my hand sanitizer and small pack of Kleenex in his pockets, as most of my summer shorts do not have pockets.

I use a lanyard. In fact I just got one off Amazon that has little cruise ships on it.  I use lanyards on the boat so I don't lose my sign and sail card. Off the ship I keep it in my backpack or purse to make it a LITTLE less obvious that I'm a tourist on vacation. :)

I have to say I didn't realize this was a controversy with so many pro and anti-lanyard sentiments. LOL It's been fun reading this thread.

I have a small phone purse that I tighten to put around my waist. Ive used it for over 10 years.   It has a zipper on top, a  snap pouch in front and a  small opening in the back.  A very mini hip pack..  Holds my phone, money and key card.  Perfect. 

1 hour ago, Missymo said:

I have a small phone purse that I tighten to put around my waist. Ive used it for over 10 years.   It has a zipper on top, a  snap pouch in front and a  small opening in the back.  A very mini hip pack..  Holds my phone, money and key card.  Perfect. 

Extra points for avoiding the term "Fanny pack"

I didn't bother to read all 8 pgs of this thread, so if it has already been mentioned, I apologize.  I carry a very small cross body purse.  Now that we use the HUB app on our phones, a lanyard isn't enough.  The small purse holds my phone as well as lip gloss, tissue, sanitizer... anything/everything I need while on the ship.  I don't know why wearing a lanyard would cause so much opinionated drivel.  To each his own.  I am old, so I don't care if I appear old to a few close minded people.  I sometimes carry a purse as well as wear a lanyard.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, kheilmann said:

Question for experienced cruisers? How do you carry your sign and sail card? Do they provide some kind of lanyard with card holder? Or do people put them in their wallets? I'm imagining wanting to wander around the ship without a purse, and my kids don't usually carry wallets, so how do people keep their cards on them? Actually, because our room reservations don't match where we will actually be sleeping, both my oldest son and I are going to have to carry two cards with us -- one for charging and one for access to the room we are sleeping in. So double the consideration. 😉

We are a lanyard family.  We bring a hole punch with us so when are kids were little we could punch them right away.  Now it is just in our "cruise" suitcase.