Is it only me

woodman

My wife and I have cruised many times most of them on Carnival. I can remember our first cruise on the Sensation in 2001 and some of them in between. We still get very excited days before our up coming cruise.We can't wait to board and look around and watch every one else coming on the ship. Days before I start packing and planning. My wife just laughs at me. Yes I'm like a little kid at Christmas. We leave on the Magic this coming Saturday and can't wait.

My wife and I have cruised many times most of them on Carnival. I can remember our first cruise on the Sensation in 2001 and some of them in between. We still get very excited days before our up coming cruise.We can't wait to board and look around and watch every one else coming on the ship. Days before I start packing and planning. My wife just laughs at me. Yes I'm like a little kid at Christmas. We leave on the Magic this coming Saturday and can't wait.

Obviously you are not the only one...but not everyone is like you.

We have only been on four cruises, and with each one, the pre-cruise excitement gets less and less. Frankly this last one, the planning and packing was approaching chore status. But once we stopped at Buc-ee's (I45 exit 17 as you approach Galveston), the mood lightened and excitement ramped up considerably. Could not wait to see the ship!

Obviously you are not the only one...but not everyone is like you.

We have only been on four cruises, and with each one, the pre-cruise excitement gets less and less. Frankly this last one, the planning and packing was approaching chore status. But once we stopped at Buc-ee's (I45 exit 17 as you approach Galveston), the mood lightened and excitement ramped up considerably. Could not wait to see the ship!

Sounds like you may be over planning a bit. I've been guilty of it myself, over planning, over reasearching, etc... True it all but guarantees no unpleasant surprises, but it also all but guarantees no PLEASANT surprises as well. I've cut way back on pre-cruise "chores." I grew weary of being over familiar with the ship and ports-of-call before I ever even saw them. I like my new routine better. It's not knowing what you are going to get for Christmas as opposed to knowing. A little mystery is a good thing. :)

Haven't even booked our second cruise yet but I'm excited anyway. Because I know there will be a second. Heck, I'm excited for you guys! My wife laughs at me some too. I keep sending her cruise related emails and texts. Excursion reviews, ports of call, MDR menus. ..

Now that we've been on our first carnival cruise life is just cruising or waiting to be cruising.:D

I think- no matter how many cruises I've been on, I will get excited. I enjoy the planning, deciding what to pack, researching the ports & ship. Exploring the ship is fun too.

Woodman- I think we are addicted. At least our addiction is legal. haha

No it is not just you....LOL! Join the club.

I am heading out on my next in 19 days...and so excited as usual. I also have my 2017 cruise already booked....I find it helps to always have at least one more booked beyond the next cruise.:D

Enjoy your cruise.

First cruse for me and my family but we have traveled a lot and I get the same way every time as it gets closer to our trip. We'll be on the same cruise! Can't wait!!!

Great enjoy it.

It's not just you. It gets worse the more cruises I have under my belt, which is now over 20. I booked this next cruise and that night had a dream about forgetting things and my suitcases falling in the water (that's a frequent dream in the last couple of weeks before sailing). I get really excited, too.

The excitement is too much for me this time. We usually book three weeks out at most, this one was SIX WEEKS! I think this is our 14th cruise and will never get over the excitement. I'm a huge planner so I know what each ship will look like and where everything is before we step foot on it. I know how to get around each island/port before we even get there. Unfortunately, we have done most of the islands at least once if not four times, but there is always some thing else to learn. My husband, on the other hand, has no idea what ship we are going on, where we are going or anything at all. He goes with my flow...probably why we have lasted 20 years.

Some say the over planning takes away the surprise and I do not find that. I do all the research and my wife likes that sudden surprise more, knowing I planned it for her or everyone who is along. I enjoy seeing those with me when a plan comes together and all are happy.

Myself I love knowing what is coming and a lot about it then finally reaching the destination.

But know something, on each cruise or each vacation there has always seemed to be that "oh my" moment, one totally unexpected.

Think that is part of the balcony attraction to many. The moment the island or port or land comes into sight, especially on that first time there. That's always special, even after having been there before.

My cruise leaves in 16 days and I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!

I don't get too excited too early. Dry erase board on fridge has note. "WE LEAVE FOR OUR NEXT CRUISE IN. 527 DAYS!!!!!!!"

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! I've only been on 2 cruises and have one booked for next month on the same ship I was on 3 months ago. I still watch the YouTube videos of the same ship I know a lot about.... When I want to sleep but can't, I day dream about my cruise day (September 17). I dream about how my day will go play by play. If that doesnt put me to sleep, I start to dream about cruises I want to take in the near future.

Ditto..... so excited! Leave in 11 days.

Just 3 years ago, we didn't even think we would like cruising, but we wanted to go to Alaska, so we thought we would do a cruise to Caribbean to see if we could stand to be on a ship for a week. LOL That was 4 cruises ago, number 5 coming up, and we are booking number 6 onboard.

I am right there with you! We don't sail again until next October and I am already planning. Deciding on hotels, looking at excursions. In addition, this will be our first time on the Magic and first time out of Port Canaveral.

We are doing the Western next year (Cozumel, Belize, Mohagany Bay & Costa Maya). If you think about it, would you snap pictures of the menus each night? Yes, I am already thinking which days we might want to eat at Cucha and/or the steakhouse.

Thanks!