Temperature onboard

bobshiem

Hello, going on our first cruise on August 28, Celebrity Silhouette, starting in Venice, rounding the Dalmatian Coast and ending in Rome on 9/10. How cool is it onboard in the evening at sea? Is it balmy or do we need light sweaters or sweatshirts? I asked our travel agent who didn't know. Thank you for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Inside the ship, it's "room temperature"...72 or thereabouts. Outside...by the railing, it's windy and whatever temp it is outside! I don't go out by the railing at night..messes up my hair! If you desire to be in the sea breeze..bring a sweater and prepare for a bad hair night! If you step back about 2=3 feet from the railing..the wind isn't much! It will be whatever the outside temps. are!

Edited by cb at sea

...could you give me an idea of what the temperature gets down to? 60s?

Why don't you check one of the many Internet weather sites, and type in Venice and the other cities where you will be? It's next week and beyond - the forecast will be up and you can get an idea.

Here, I will get you started with Venice, Italy for 14 days:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/it/14-day-weather-trend/veneto/venice <--click here

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Agree with other posts- it depends on what your body temp likes...one thing I have observed in my 33 cruises, is that temps differ IN DIFFERENT rooms or venues...so, the temp in the dining room may be different from the temperature in a bar/ lounge, or in the buffet area, which I often find a bit warm because it is often on the pool deck, and you have those sliding glass doors that open every few seconds to let people in & out...the only temp you can control is in your cabin...my wife is cold everywhere, and I am the opposite..safe to bring light jacket or sweater if you get cold easily...I keep my cabin temp when I go to sleep like the Arctic Circle, and normal during the day...hope this helps...

Big Al

Sea water temps from Venice to Rome in late August to early September will be in mid 70's -- so on deck air temp will be mild even at night - the humidity will make it seem more so. Within the ship, the A/C will hold the humidity down and the temps will likely be between 65 and 70, so you will feel a chill when you come in from the deck.

Agree with all who say it depends on you. I am always cold inside the ship, even on a summer cruise when it is hot outside. I always bring sweaters and sweatshirts for dinner while DH is comfortable in short sleeves! I also bring flannel jammies which cracks DH up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Viv0828

Hello, going on our first cruise on August 28, Celebrity Silhouette, starting in Venice, rounding the Dalmatian Coast and ending in Rome on 9/10. How cool is it onboard in the evening at sea? Is it balmy or do we need light sweaters or sweatshirts? I asked our travel agent who didn't know. Thank you for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mrs Gut takes a light shawl, I don't bother, I like the cold.

Edited by GUT2407

Also many of the larger lounges / bars / theatre will feel cool if there aren't many people there. Once they start to fill up they'll also warm up - the air-con is set to provide a comfortable temperature when that venue has a lot of people in it.

You need a sweater. You may not wear it, but you can't reliably take only the clothes you will actually wear.

For one thing, you haven't named the temperature at which you are certain (regardless of wind conditions) that you don't need a sweater; for another, even if you did, no-one can give you a cast iron guarantee that that temperature won't be beaten.

For what it's worth, the average low temperature in Venice is 64F / 17C. At the end of August, and with average daily variation, it's unlikely to drop below 50F / 10C. But no guarantees.