Official: Oosterdam has been re-deployed April-Nov. 2017

AtlantaCruiser72

The plus is HAl is protecting our per day fare from the Osterdam on alternate Transatlantics. The minus is there are none that end or begin in Barcelona next year, so have to go to Rome instead, which is more expensive for hotels and less convenient for transport to/from the port.

I agree! We had to cancel our Barcelona hotel very close to the cruise ship terminal. We've booked a similar hotel in Civitavecchia, but the cost of transportation from the airport to the hotel by private car is three times more expensive. However, we did very well on the price of the new cruise on Koningsdam, so not a deal breaker.

But you are talking about a cruise that was scheduled for 19 or 20 months away. Plane reservations are not even available yet. Why would you expect anything from the cruise line?

Obviously we didn't have air but we did have travel insurance purchased last spring within 14 days of booking this trip.

I'm disappointed because I was bringing a group with me and thought they would do something to entice us to stay with them for our rescheduled trip or to say they were sorry that they didn't have their act together and scheduled this cruise. I worked hard all spring and summer letting people know about this cruise, getting people excited and signing up. It is disappointing to work that hard to popularize this cruise only to have it cancelled.

I would be much more disappointed if I had my air and was closer to the sailing date but that does not diminish my disappointment for my cruise.

Obviously we didn't have air but we did have travel insurance purchased last spring within 14 days of booking this trip.

I'm disappointed because I was bringing a group with me and thought they would do something to entice us to stay with them for our rescheduled trip or to say they were sorry that they didn't have their act together and scheduled this cruise. I worked hard all spring and summer letting people know about this cruise, getting people excited and signing up. It is disappointing to work that hard to popularize this cruise only to have it cancelled.

I would be much more disappointed if I had my air and was closer to the sailing date but that does not diminish my disappointment for my cruise.

I understand your disappointment, but re-deploying ships is very common in the cruise industry, certainly not just HAL. You were one of the lucky ones, getting a lot of prior notice of your cancellation. I just don't know why you think HAL should apologise or offer you anything, in this case. I also don't understand your comment "they didn't have their act together and scheduled this cruise". This makes no sense at all! Again, this happens all the time, with all the cruiselines and impacts lots of people who are disappointed.

I was booked on a 7 day roundtrip out of Barcelona. When I booked, I had a promotion that included HAL pay for air and it also included Explore 4. What should I expect HAL to offer, since they only have 12 day? I would be thrilled to have the same exact promotion at the same price I paid for a 7 day. Is that too much to ask?

I was booked on a 7 day roundtrip out of Barcelona. When I booked, I had a promotion that included HAL pay for air and it also included Explore 4. What should I expect HAL to offer, since they only have 12 day? I would be thrilled to have the same exact promotion at the same price I paid for a 7 day. Is that too much to ask?

You will get the 12 night for no extra charge and keep your perks as well. They will work with you to reschedule your air. Contact them immediately before it sells out!

My PCC has confirmed that we have been rebooked on MS Oosterdam from our original MS Amsterdam booking. Assigned to a very much equivalent to what we booked on Amsterdam accessible inside cabin. Bummer for all the Oosterdam bookings. She said they (PCCs) are all very busy helping people find other itineraries but that there sometimes are no true matches. :(

For us the switch is a plus. A little bigger ship with some newer features not on Amsterdam. I'm guessing if it was switched before bookings had already been taken then there would have been a little higher fare.

For all who are losing their Transatlantic I feel your pain. We love TAs and they are all to rare (twice a year) anyway.

Hmm... wonder what Amsterdam will be doing? No dock space for two in Seattle on a Sunday- Princess uses the other dock.

Just looked at HAL availability search- nothing showing for Amsterdam or Oosterdam for 2017 summer

Edited by frankc98376

You will get the 12 night for no extra charge and keep your perks as well. They will work with you to reschedule your air. Contact them immediately before it sells out!

I just called HAL and they will only honor the per day rate to apply towards a 12 day:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Our 14 day Amsterdam R/T Seattle on 7/23/17 (Sunday) has been moved to leave on 7/17/17 (Monday). It isn't a big deal except it causes my husband to have to take an additional day's vacation. No word yet on if we will receive any compensation, although since we are only changing dates and not ships, I would doubt it. At least it is far enough out that we hadn't yet booked excursions, hotel and airfare.

Our 14 day Amsterdam R/T Seattle on 7/23/17 (Sunday) has been moved to leave on 7/17/17 (Monday). It isn't a big deal except it causes my husband to have to take an additional day's vacation. No word yet on if we will receive any compensation, although since we are only changing dates and not ships, I would doubt it. At least it is far enough out that we hadn't yet booked excursions, hotel and airfare.

There were only a handful of 14 night cruises from Seattle scheduled next summer on Amsterdam leaving Sundays. Maybe they are going to resurrect the old Statendam two week cruise schedule all season leaving Mondays. The two week Alaska sailings have always been big sellers and top dollar.

There were only a handful of 14 night cruises from Seattle scheduled next summer on Amsterdam leaving Sundays. Maybe they are going to resurrect the old Statendam two week cruise schedule all season leaving Mondays. The two week Alaska sailings have always been big sellers and top dollar.

I think for the most part this is what will be happening ;)

The new Oosterdam sailings are open for sale now.

The Panama repo from Tampa to California is unbeatable, IMHO, fantastic itinerary!! [emoji2]

Than she does the 7 night runs from Seattle via Hubbard Glacier, Mexican riviera in fall, followed by another Panama repo and Caribbean.

Than she offers again Mexico and Panama.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those of you who had changes on your Oosterdam sailings (and my sympathies for the change in plans).....

If you have posted on the Future Cruise Listing to receive Bon Voyages in the future, please post your change in plans so I can have the correct sailing for you.

Here is the link to this week's thread...... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2397624

thank you for your help :D

WAIT.....WHAT??????

I'm a little late to the party here, but I was booked on the Oosterdam 12 night from Venice to Barcelona in June 2017. Almost pulled the trigger yesterday on airfare but didn't get around to it. Thank God.

My TA hasn't contacted me yet. With the holiday weekend, it will be Tuesday before we can connect, I am sure.

I am so disappointed. I can't believe HAL would change this up less than a year out. This was our first time with HAL and I'm not a very happy camper right now.

Off to see what else shows up online, and maybe go back to X.

WAIT.....WHAT??????

I'm a little late to the party here, but I was booked on the Oosterdam 12 night from Venice to Barcelona in June 2017. Almost pulled the trigger yesterday on airfare but didn't get around to it. Thank God.

My TA hasn't contacted me yet. With the holiday weekend, it will be Tuesday before we can connect, I am sure.

I am so disappointed. I can't believe HAL would change this up less than a year out. This was our first time with HAL and I'm not a very happy camper right now.

Off to see what else shows up online, and maybe go back to X.

The Westerdam is doing Mediterranean itineraries all summer for 2017. She is almost identical to the Oosterdam and will be fresh out of drydock. Hopefully you can find a suitable itinerary on her to change to. Holland is offering protection of the per day rate you booked at (not inclusive of taxes) and protecting in the same cabin category if possible and providing an onboard credit based on length of the original booking ($50-100pp based on originally booked room type). They will also protect any Holland America promotions you had on the booking (Anniversary sale, Explore4, etc).

So, so, so incredibly disappointed. I just checked HAL's website and confirmed our cruise is not there (I had to see it with my own eyes.) I'm literally sitting here in disbelief.

Granted, there are worse things that can happen to you, but I think it's fair to say I am pretty bummed. This trip is for my son's college graduation and daughter's high school graduation. We've been planning a Med cruise for a while. Work schedules make it tough for me to take 2 weeks off, so cruising over 4th of July was perfect. Not only is there a holiday in there, work is very slow that week as well. Only 1 HAL itinerary fits that timeframe but the itinerary is Venice to Rome - meaning we miss some of our top picks. Celebrity doesn't have much either - which is why I chose HAL in the first place.

So, I guess I'm left with a refund? What is HAL offering people in exchange? Not sure they can do anything for me at this point, but I'm curious. Of course, I used an online TA this time (first time ever) so it will be interesting to see what kind of service I get here.

Just venting. And whining a little bit. This was the perfect itinerary. We even booked a Neptune Suite (corner aft) for us and an Inside across the hall for the kids. Everything was just as we wanted.

This stinks.

Edited by travelingirl70

Actually, my TA DID send me an email.... I guess it got lost (or I assumed it was just a promo). Here it is for those interested.

Due to the increasing demand for more Alaska cruises, Holland America Line will redeploy ms Oosterdam from the Mediterranean to Alaska for the summer of 2017, where it will sail seven-day cruises roundtrip from Seattle.

Unfortunately, your client's Mediterranean sailing has now been cancelled and all current bookings will need to be rebooked. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and would like to assist you with rebooking your clients to another voyage.

Choose any Mediterranean voyage and your clients will be re-accommodated in the same (or equivalent) stateroom category at the same per diem rate paid or lower. On our website we offer a variety of Mediterranean itineraries, below are 2 sample voyages to consider. In addition a Shipboard Credit (SBC) will be applied to the new booking based on the stateroom category booked:

* $100 per person (up to $200 per stateroom) for Pinnacle Suite bookings

* $100 per person (up to $200 per stateroom) for Neptune Suite bookings

* $100 per person (up to $200 per stateroom) for Signature Suite bookings

* $100 per person (up to $200 per stateroom) for Verandah Stateroom bookings

* $50 per person (up to $100 per stateroom) for Ocean-view Stateroom bookings

* $50 per person (up to $100 per stateroom) for Interior Stateroom bookings

12-Day Adriatic Dream

12-Day Mediterranean Rivieras

Your clients may select any Northern Europe voyage and the above Shipboard Credit (SBC) will be applied to the new booking based on the stateroom category booked. Please note, your clients would be responsible for any difference in the per diem fare.

All the above Shipboard Credits are denominated in USD.

Cancellation Protection Plan cost and Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses will be calculated based on the new booking.

Should your clients elect not to rebook, we will refund any funds paid to Holland America Line in full.

We value each of our guests and travel partners and look forward to working with you.

Kind Regards,

Holland America Line

Amsterdam now doing 14-day Alaska cruises out of Seattle in 2017 :)

"We heard this week that the Amsterdam will be on a 14-day itinerary in 2017, out of Seattle on a Monday and this pleases us enormously, it’s a great itinerary and one we have done before" - Captain Mercer

http://captainjonathan.com/

The Westerdam is doing Mediterranean itineraries all summer for 2017. She is almost identical to the Oosterdam and will be fresh out of drydock. Hopefully you can find a suitable itinerary on her to change to. Holland is offering protection of the per day rate you booked at (not inclusive of taxes) and protecting in the same cabin category if possible and providing an onboard credit based on length of the original booking ($50-100pp based on originally booked room type). They will also protect any Holland America promotions you had on the booking (Anniversary sale, Explore4, etc).

Westerdam is my favourite Vista ship (and one of my favourites) in the fleet. I'd take her any day of the week over the Oosterdam.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed on that ship. A lot of Med itineraries are the same so as long as the dates match all is good.

Rotterdam for us next year and thankfully that one was not changed as this itinerary is not one of the "regulars" ;)

So, so, so incredibly disappointed. I just checked HAL's website and confirmed our cruise is not there (I had to see it with my own eyes.) I'm literally sitting here in disbelief.

Granted, there are worse things that can happen to you, but I think it's fair to say I am pretty bummed. This trip is for my son's college graduation and daughter's high school graduation. We've been planning a Med cruise for a while. Work schedules make it tough for me to take 2 weeks off, so cruising over 4th of July was perfect. Not only is there a holiday in there, work is very slow that week as well. Only 1 HAL itinerary fits that timeframe but the itinerary is Venice to Rome - meaning we miss some of our top picks. Celebrity doesn't have much either - which is why I chose HAL in the first place.

So, I guess I'm left with a refund? What is HAL offering people in exchange? Not sure they can do anything for me at this point, but I'm curious. Of course, I used an online TA this time (first time ever) so it will be interesting to see what kind of service I get here.

Just venting. And whining a little bit. This was the perfect itinerary. We even booked a Neptune Suite (corner aft) for us and an Inside across the hall for the kids. Everything was just as we wanted.

This stinks.

I can understand your disappointment very well - we had booked our Oosterdam cruise as a birthday present for my dear husband...

When I read about several CC members getting very favourable deals when re-booking I was consoled for a minute, but obviously that policy has been changed since then.

I have not even heard from Holland America after a week of waiting to be re-booked i.e. waiting for an offer for a cruise either on Westerdam or Koningsdam, both of which would be more expensive. I have since written directly to Seattle to complain about the delay - hopefully I'll get an answer soon so we can decide what to do - re-book or cancel and find greener fields for either another cruise or a landtrip. The use of the per-diem rate wouldn't help, as still it would be much more expensive and the cruises wouldn't have the itinerary we had chosen.

When looking at other cruise lines I noticed that except MSC and Costa ( which we don't use) most major cruise lines have pulled out of the Eastern Med which is a shame because these cruises cover some of the most beautiful places ever.

Living in Europe the one advantage we can use is either waiting for last-minute price drops - April/May is the shoulder season in the Med and quite often prices drop significantly and I don't really need the Explore4 package anyway - or rent a car and drive through the area as it is no problem to get a flight or a train ticket .

So let's see what other CC members can report about their changes in plans!

Westerdam is my favourite Vista ship (and one of my favourites) in the fleet. I'd take her any day of the week over the Oosterdam.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed on that ship. A lot of Med itineraries are the same so as long as the dates match all is good.

Rotterdam for us next year and thankfully that one was not changed as this itinerary is not one of the "regulars" ;)

I would be fine with a ship change, but unfortunately there is a drastic itinerary change, too. Our dates are not flexible next year, which doesn't help. We are going to have a family meeting and come up with a Plan B. Maybe a land only trip to Europe? That means we will have to drastically cut the places we visit, but at least we can still go to our top picks.

I would be fine with a ship change, but unfortunately there is a drastic itinerary change, too. Our dates are not flexible next year, which doesn't help. We are going to have a family meeting and come up with a Plan B. Maybe a land only trip to Europe? That means we will have to drastically cut the places we visit, but at least we can still go to our top picks.

Good idea. A shame that the itinerary does not suit :(

Would it also maybe worth a look at other cruise lines? Possible matching dates and itineraries as well as land tours.

I hope your PlanB ends us being a great plan!

I can understand your disappointment very well - we had booked our Oosterdam cruise as a birthday present for my dear husband...

When I read about several CC members getting very favourable deals when re-booking I was consoled for a minute, but obviously that policy has been changed since then.

I have not even heard from Holland America after a week of waiting to be re-booked i.e. waiting for an offer for a cruise either on Westerdam or Koningsdam, both of which would be more expensive. I have since written directly to Seattle to complain about the delay - hopefully I'll get an answer soon so we can decide what to do - re-book or cancel and find greener fields for either another cruise or a landtrip. The use of the per-diem rate wouldn't help, as still it would be much more expensive and the cruises wouldn't have the itinerary we had chosen.

When looking at other cruise lines I noticed that except MSC and Costa ( which we don't use) most major cruise lines have pulled out of the Eastern Med which is a shame because these cruises cover some of the most beautiful places ever.

Living in Europe the one advantage we can use is either waiting for last-minute price drops - April/May is the shoulder season in the Med and quite often prices drop significantly and I don't really need the Explore4 package anyway - or rent a car and drive through the area as it is no problem to get a flight or a train ticket .

So let's see what other CC members can report about their changes in plans!

You will not hear from HAL, you MUST call them to re-book your cruise. We did it the same day and were very happy with our offer. Switched from the 12 day to 14 day on Koningsdam for no extra charge.....I asked for it and they obliged with no issue. Please contact HAL before all cabins are taken!

You will not hear from HAL, you MUST call them to re-book your cruise. We did it the same day and were very happy with our offer. Switched from the 12 day to 14 day on Koningsdam for no extra charge.....I asked for it and they obliged with no issue. Please contact HAL before all cabins are taken!

I certainly would but HAL won't talk to me - everything was booked onboard but since then given to our usual travel agency - as neither really seem to earn their commission I have already regretted that second part! I have contacted guest relations in Seattle myself by e-mail and will call the travel agency again - but I'm getting rather fed up with the hassle - will look at other cruise lines now for the birthday present I'm planning to give away :cool: . The main problem is that we'll have to switch from a 7-day-cruise to either 12 or 15 days. And as the prices are inflated right now because of Explore4 I'm not willing to pay in full for a cruise that has several ports in their itinerary we have already visited several times or are apt to change to whatever ( Koningsdam=Istanbul!!!). So I might be better off with waiting until that promotion expires to get a really fair rate again or look elsewhere.

But be it as it is - congratulations to you and the good deal they gave you!! :)