Official: Oosterdam has been re-deployed April-Nov. 2017

AtlantaCruiser72

Today it shows only two fall TA's: Prinsendam and Veendam, both to FLL. Where are all the others? There were more there a few weeks ago. It looks like the entire fall 2017 TA's are being changed around.

It looks like that there will be only two small ships in Europe...next year?

It looks like that there will be only two small ships in Europe...next year?

Plus the Koningsdam [leaving earlier than originally scheduled] and the Westerdam in the Mediterranean [no adjustment yet] supposed to be from Rome to FLL Oct 26, 2017 for 13 days.

We've booked 14 night Koningsdam to replace the 12 night Oosterdam. We were given the same cruise fare for the 14 nights so the total price is only slightly more expensive to cover 2 extra ports. We also received OBC $100.00. Current price for this cruise is double what we've paid, which is a very good deal. Thank you HAL!

I am happy you were able to work something out. I had the same experience; the sailings that I rebooked were thousands more than my original fare, but HAL honored that original fare. Since no cabins were available in my category, I received an upgrade for the middle and last segment. Plus, since I had booked a B2B2B, HAL gave me the OBC for each segment! Thanks, HAL.

I am happy you were able to work something out. I had the same experience; the sailings that I rebooked were thousands more than my original fare, but HAL honored that original fare. Since no cabins were available in my category, I received an upgrade for the middle and last segment. Plus, since I had booked a B2B2B, HAL gave me the OBC for each segment! Thanks, HAL.

Wonderful! We did quite well considering how stressed I was yesterday!

I have been watching the March 31 TA from Tampa and noticed today that the Osterdam sailing disappeared. I called Hal res and although the phone agent had obviously missed the notice, I ended up finding out that the O dam is on a 7 day Tampa/Tampa sail on March 31 and is sailing to Seattle the following week.

From reading reviews on CC in preparation for my Eurodam Nov 4 TA, IT IS CLEAR that many unhappy campers had to deal with last minute itinerary changes due to the attempted military coup in Turkey. I guess the OPS dept decided to change their approach to the Eastern Med next year, and who can blame them?

However this leaves me with a dilemma for my TA. Spoiler Alert: here comes a "bitch". I wanted to stay away from Mia/FLL because I am getting sick of paying $250 a night for a pre cruise room in an out of the way Days Inn.

So, sadly, it looks like this loyal HAL client will have to switch to another cruise line. I'm really sad about this.

Anyone else?

Susan

I too have found that in Ft Lauderdale the time frames coinciding with and around Spring Break in March have prices hiked up for the hotels as well as for the airfares. Once I flew in an extra day early on a cheaper air fare and made up more than the difference for the hotel, rental car and meals, had a nice day visiting the Everglades NP. Making reservations early might help keep the prices down, if you get lucky. Hope you find something that suits you from a different port to avoid Spring Break price inflation. m--

We were booked for Western Med. Oosterdam was to be doing various sailings in Europe April-November. HAL agent has no info where Oosterdam is being sent. nor what ship will take her place in Europe for that time.

My suspicion is that they're reducing capacity in Europe, especially in light of the current problems in Istanbul and other popular ports. I think I got lucky...they couldn't pull Westerdam (thankfully) because she's going to dry dock in Italy.

We'll probably see more of this from other cruise lines moving forward. Right now supply in Europe is greater than demand.

My suspicion is that they're reducing capacity in Europe, especially in light of the current problems in Istanbul and other popular ports. I think I got lucky...they couldn't pull Westerdam (thankfully) because she's going to dry dock in Italy.

We'll probably see more of this from other cruise lines moving forward. Right now supply in Europe is greater than demand.

That's exactly what our HAL agent told us today when we re-booked on Koningsdam. I think more ships will be pulled from Europe in the near future with all the lines. We thought about booking the Westerdam Med cruise, but we were offered Koningsdam at an unbelievable price, so we jumped at it.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Hal treated us extremely well. We were booked on the Nov 2, 2017 TA on the O'dam and were allowed to pick any other TA for the same price in the same category. Our new cruise would be much more expensive so we are very grateful to Hal. Another big thank you to Hal from the 2 of us.

Hope they don't pull too many ;). Rotterdam is still going, thankfully and hoping that doesn't change !

Hope you have a great cruise on the Koningsdam. DW and I are excited to sail on her as well

And the same to you! Looked at all the videos on Youtube, she looks very nice! Excited for 14 days aboard...our longest cruise.

Hal treated us extremely well. We were booked on the Nov 2, 2017 TA on the O'dam and were allowed to pick any other TA for the same price in the same category. Our new cruise would be much more expensive so we are very grateful to Hal. Another big thank you to Hal from the 2 of us.

Yes, HAL really did step up to the plate on this one. Very generous offers to just about everyone booked on the Oosterdam for 2017 spring/summer Europe sailings. We could not be happier!

Hope they don't pull too many ;). Rotterdam is still going, thankfully and hoping that doesn't change !

I think HAL and Celebrity are probably done with redeployments for 2017, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some of the others redeploy a ship.

I spent 3hrs and 4 phone calls to try and rebook my Oosterdam fall 2017 transatlantic. Waited on queue for over an hour until I got an agent then she said the 10/3/17 Konigsdam transatlantic was not on her list of approved sailings. She placed me on hold for over 30 minutes then call dropped. Tried calling back two more times and after 30-40 minutes each time the hold queue music went to dead air. Then I called back a fourth time and it immediately disconnected me. So I gave up. I put a courtesy hold on my preferred cabin online and will try again tomorrow :(

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

I spent 3hrs and 4 phone calls to try and rebook my Oosterdam fall 2017 transatlantic. Waited on queue for over an hour until I got an agent then she said the 10/3/17 Konigsdam transatlantic was not on her list of approved sailings. She placed me on hold for over 30 minutes then call dropped. Tried calling back two more times and after 30-40 minutes each time the hold queue music went to dead air. Then I called back a fourth time and it immediately disconnected me. So I gave up. I put a courtesy hold on my preferred cabin online and will try again tomorrow :(

Good luck today. Approved sailings? When the Volendam was chartered out from under us we were given a very nice OBC as long as we booked a cruise in at least the same cabin category and at least the same length of cruise. Those were the only conditions.

Too bad they are limiting your choices. I hope you have some success.

Edited by kazu

... for an answer. Ask to get a supervisor involved. Several of us have been able to book non-listed sailings.

... for an answer. Ask to get a supervisor involved. Several of us have been able to book non-listed sailings.

I agree! I was able to get a 14 night Koningsdam Med cruise for the same price as my 12 night Oosterdam Med cruise in an upgraded cabin with OBC. Was not a "listed" cruise, but the agent did not hesitate to book it for us. Current price for this cruise is more than double than what we've paid. The only exclusion would have been a northern Europe cruise.....everything else is open for negotiating!

Stick with your choice and do not accept something you don't want. HAL will follow through, I'm quite sure. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

I found nothing that would work for our time frame and dates going to the same places that the Oosterdam went. We had to go RCCL that cost us another $1,000.00 In cruise fare and we had to pay $3600.00 more in air fare including the $450.00 per person change fee for 4 people. They have sent me a reimbursement form that says they will consider reimbursement for the fees incurred. I hope they can give us the full amount. I found when I called yesterday to rebook another Holland cruise I was told to pick one of the other 2 cruise itenarary offered. Neither one was going to the places that were offered on the Oosterdam. I am glad that someone there took the time to give you the option of the Koningsdam. I found it was not a good experience trying to re book. If we get the difference of $1800.00 in airfare and the $1800.00 in rebooking fee reimbursed I would be more willing to take another cruise with Holland America. If I have to pay any of the $3600.00 I will never use Holland America agin. I think if they want to send the Oosterdam to Alaska they should have done it in 2018 when no one has booked yet. It is a bad way to do business.