Thanks Celebrity, NOT

Mr. Click

We feel the same, not the initial taste but the headache the next day) We only drink Grey Goose or Belvedere.

At home, we are lucky to have Total Wine, they have an off brand called Summum. They talked us into trying it. (Would give us full credit if we didn't like it) It is now all we drink, the large 1.75 liter bottle is the same price as a 750ml bottle of Goose.

At home I gladly pay the up charge for the goose in my bloody Mary's and Crushes. I hate that feeling the next day if I don't. David has gotten the same way! LOL. I had a bar owner ask me why I would do that with a mixed drink. Just tapped my head and said that's why.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

Carol

Try Crystal Head. It's awesome. (Hint, Celebrity, it would be a great addition to your top shelf).

I love Crystal Head a smooth as the people from Newfoundland where it's distilled (four times with no additives).

Some follow up, it is not as much about the shrinking list of choices on the classic package as it is about the continuing cut backs in little things that all add up to something big at the end of the day/week/year. I know others are cutting corners in every industry but I also know that if we just sit around and accept the cuts there are more to come.

Kettle One vs Absolute vs Grey Goose. DW claims she can tell the difference and that is what matters in my world. We only take these packages when they are perks, neither of us drink enough of anything to justify buying a package. With the changes in the internet plans I will probably see if Celebrity will let us switch from a drinks package to an internet pack for the Hong Kong trip...

Will have to see if I can find it! Here in PA the state decides what we can buy!

Carol

I think you can get it in Ohio if that is not to far a drive. I was traveling and stopped in Cleveland and I think I remember ordering it.

I think you can get it in Ohio if that is not to far a drive. I was traveling and stopped in Cleveland and I think I remember ordering it.

Other side of the state but we go to Delaware and Maryland all the time. Will check next time we do a booze run.

Some follow up, it is not as much about the shrinking list of choices on the classic package as it is about the continuing cut backs in little things that all add up to something big at the end of the day/week/year. I know others are cutting corners in every industry but I also know that if we just sit around and accept the cuts there are more to come.

In the last 5 years we have sailed on RCCL, Princess, and Celebrity. If you think that Celebrity is cutting back, don't take a cruise on these other two!:eek: Our first RCCL was in 1989, Princess in 1992, so we do have a good amount of time and multi # of cruises, to compare with.

The on board product delivered by Celebrity still stands tall compared to them.

I have a hard time drinking Smirnoff also. I wonder why. The next morning I have the worst taste in my mouth and a headache. If I have my choice it's Stoli and Absolute as I mix with tonic water and lime, so no reason to pay for high end vodka.

Ann Marie- try Russian Standard- Larry

For a quality vodka (and it's on the premium package) Stoli Elit. Don't confuse it with the standard Stoli's...Elit is incredibly smooth with no bite at all...Try buying it locally..$$$$'s..about 2x grey goose, but on Celebrity they are priced the same. Don't ruin Elit with anything added and please don't try it in a bloody mary or equivalent.

When not on a celebrity ship or running out of Elit from St martin where for some reason it's incredibly inexpensive, I jump between Titos and Ketel One (prefer Titos but most bars don't carry it). For mixed drinks I use Prairie another texas brand or UV or whatever decent vodka is on sale. For travel UV comes in a plastic 750ml bottle, not that I would ever try to carry it on board in my luggage.

I don't like absolut...prefer stoli if that's the choice. Hopefully Ketel One will be part of the classic package in Dec on my next Celebrity cruise. If I upgrade it will be only Stoli Elit for the cruise.

Hint for those that do have problems with some vodkas, try one of the potato vodkas...chopin or Luksusowa Vodka.

for a quality vodka (and it's on the premium package) stoli elit. Don't confuse it with the standard stoli's...elit is incredibly smooth with no bite at all...try buying it locally..$$$$'s..about 2x grey goose, but on celebrity they are priced the same. Don't ruin elit with anything added and please don't try it in a bloody mary or equivalent.

+1.

Will have to see if I can find it! Here in PA the state decides what we can buy! 👎🏻👎🏻

Carol

Went to college in Pittsburgh, I remember the state liquor control board. If I remember right they ran the liquor stores?

Other side of the state but we go to Delaware and Maryland all the time. Will check next time we do a booze run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It's a good thing you don't like alcoholic frozen drinks as the Eclipse Slush bar was shut for the entire 14 day cruise the first two weeks of August because the temperature only got up to 64f :mad:

AND the Mast Grill was only open for 4 days out of 14 ... ridiculous, you pay for a cruise and half the facilities don't open! :(

Went to college in Pittsburgh, I remember the state liquor control board. If I remember right they ran the liquor stores?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Exactly right. You buy what they decide to sell. Better than it used to be but still not great. 🙀

I do have a question for those who get the classic package and go aqua class. Are there enough choices for wine by the glass at dinner for $9 and under? For the most part, our first Celebrity cruise has one day at sea in a 9-day Adriatic itinerary and I can see getting two glasses of wine a night at Blu and then a cocktail or two at night after dinner.

It depends what you mean by "enough." Alcohol wise, the Classic package is most limiting for wine drinkers. It will have a choice in each of the white, red, rose and sparkling categories, but it's not a massive selection. Most wines are above the classic cut-off. Thus, if you're happy just with a type of wine, it will be available. However, if you have certain preferences or want a more sizeable list, it's best to upgrade. Doing so will also enable you to pay for the difference for higher priced ones again, rather than pay the full price as you need to for classic package holders.

Will have to see if I can find it! Here in PA the state decides what we can buy! 👎🏻👎🏻

Carol

You can buy Crystal Head in PA. I have done it several times, though you might need to order it since it's not carried in stock at all the stores.

I just hope that Celebrity do not down grade other drinks available on their Classic package. Not even thinking of the alcohol, but I love to be able to pick up bottled water whenever I want, have juices, and choose from a great selection of Teas and Speciality Coffees.

I have a cruise coming up on NCL and have the not so aptly named 'Ultimate' package that does not include any of these!!! Ultimate?? :confused:

C - is that still true with the new regulations?

bon voyage

Not 100% sure but I think they still must buy from the state as the middle man. Biggest difference so far seems to be (and I am not an expert) is beer distributors can sell 12 pack used to be cases only. Can get mixed 6 packs at some groceries.

We go to Maryland all the time so if I want liquor I buy there. Really great selection and good prices.

Carol

Not 100% sure but I think they still must buy from the state as the middle man. Biggest difference so far seems to be (and I am not an expert) is beer distributors can sell 12 pack used to be cases only. Can get mixed 6 packs at some groceries.

We go to Maryland all the time so if I want liquor I buy there. Really great selection and good prices.

Carol

Thanks... we go to DE for ours.

bon voyage

We feel the same, not the initial taste but the headache the next day) We only drink Grey Goose or Belvedere.

At home, we are lucky to have Total Wine, they have an off brand called Summum. They talked us into trying it. (Would give us full credit if we didn't like it) It is now all we drink, the large 1.75 liter bottle is the same price as a 750ml bottle of Goose.

If I am correct Summun is distilled by same company as Grey Goose.