Sydney Cruise Ship Drug Bust!

Just a thought, but as it is a crime scene, will they impound the ship until the court case?!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: K

Of course, she will be going into dock to dry out,thats why its called a dry-dock.

And the perps will be in another sort of dock, getting ready for a holiday with a difference.

Did anyone else see that border patrol episode where she tried to smuggle drugs from the cruise ship into Australia in the lava lamp? Smaller amount but sentenced to a few years in jail. Maybe they can trade stories [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And establish a Cruise Critic branch in Long Bay, Silverwater, Goulburn Supermax. Who knows, who cares?

So they were apprehended from ye olde Sea Princess? Doggone, they could have done a blog for us.

Edited by NSWP

Just a thought, but as it is a crime scene, will they impound the ship until the court case?!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: K

Well they have not, ye olde MV Sea Princess, she sailed yesterday afternoon, around the top end of Australia, Sydney to Fremantle. NSWPF/AFP would have their crime scene photos, the alleged offenders and the huuuge 95kg of cocaine, which was allegedly found.

Edited by NSWP

Coke being the drug of choice for the high end of town.

Maybe they just misunderstood, and thought O.B.C,to mean On,Board,Cocaine.:confused:

I thought Pepsi was now the on board drink in lieu of Coke.

Oh dear, I feel this serious matter is turning into dribble, I had better cease my frivolity.

Coke being the drug of choice for the high end of town.

I prefer Diet Coke......

With ice.

Get worried when I about policeymen arresting peoples for having them, I've always got 'em 'less I can get Pepsi Max, but still need me Ice.

G'day all,

The news report said the Police and dogs came on board and found the 95kg of cocaine in a cabin (one or more cabins). I have never seen police & dogs come on board when the ship docks, ..... Most likely this would have been from intelligence from law enforcement in another country, or (much less likely) because the cabin steward saw something suspicious.

Earlier this year, we were on Pacific Pearl and it was suspected that some young guys were smoking/doing drugs on board and it seems they were just accross the hall from our cabins.

When we arrived in Wellington NZ we didn't go on any of the tours as we had other plans, then about 2hrs later there were knocks at the door requesting our cabins be inspected the NZ drug dog, Fine. About 8-10 cabins were inspected. It was later obvious that the young blokes opposite never made it out of Wellington on the Pearl!

It does happen and the inspectors have every right to inspect on board...and really the ships can't stop them or they are refused entry into the port.

cya

BL262000

Edited by bl262000

Oh dear, step mother boarded the ship in Sydney with her two sisters & friend, it seems most passengers were blissfully unaware of the goings on so it seems like the staff, AFP and authorities etc kept things low key which is a good thing!

We board the Sea Princess in November I hope it is clean by then...

Teddy

The news report said the Police and dogs came on board and found the 95kg of cocaine in a cabin (one or more cabins). I have never seen police & dogs come on board when the ship docks, so the drug operation was reported before the ship arrived. Most likely this would have been from intelligence from law enforcement in another country, or (much less likely) because the cabin steward saw something suspicious.

I can't help feeling sorry for the officers and crew who had to manage this incident.

I am sure they would have known about it prior to docking in Sydney.

Three people carrying 95 kg of cocaine??? I don't know how much volume 95 kg would be, but surely it would take up a few suitcases.

It was speculation but with three people wearing it on their legs and around their waists and such, making numerous trips. But having since seeing the packages in the bag, I think there must have been a differing method and definitely had help.

Edited by MicCanberra

Think of a kilo bag of flour,x 95 bags.

Split it between 3 people or more,lets say 3 pax.30 odd kilo each.

Easy done.

1) Stay out of buffet.

2) No tripling up on desert.

3) No pizza 24/7

4) Strap 30kg of coke around your waist.

5) Walk on board looking like everybody else that has been on a cruise for 50 days straight. :D:p

Easy done.

1) Stay out of buffet.

3) No pizza 24/7

5) Walk on board looking like everybody else that has been on a cruise for 50 days straight. :D:p

Or have six people,15 kgs each,and indulge in a small pizza,small desert.

So many variations,and computations,and celebrations.

Oh dear, step mother boarded the ship in Sydney with her two sisters & friend, it seems most passengers were blissfully unaware of the goings on so it seems like the staff, AFP and authorities etc kept things low key which is a good thing!

We board the Sea Princess in November I hope it is clean by then...

Teddy

Probably not by November, be on the look-out for people vacuuming the floor with their noses, and sniffing furniture.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And check the salt shakers.

Don't eat anything that looks like its been dusted with icing sugar.

Be alert, be aware,report any suspicions.

Edited by mrs and mrs
spelling

I am sure they would have known about it prior to docking in Sydney.

The article I read indicated this was indeed the case. The AFP had prior intelligence and that it was part of a well known drug syndicate.

It also said it was spread across four suitcases, and the suitcases were in the cabin when the AFP boarded.

Imagine being the cabin attendant. One wrong "discovery" and his/her life would have been in serious danger!

Anyway, hope they enjoyed their cruise... they sure won't be eating like that for a long long time!

Easy done.

1) Stay out of buffet.

3) No pizza 24/7

Did you see the video on TV showing the suitcase full of packets of (what we have to assume) was drugs. From the original story, I think there were four suitcases full of drugs. You would need 30 people not three, if you wanted to hide the drugs on the people's bodies.

They boarded on Southampton so were on the ship for maybe 66 days (that figure was mentioned). I don't imagine they relaxed very much in that time.

Edited by Aus Traveller