Room Service Charges

Maplemoose

I have read differing reports on the charges for room service these days. Can someone confirm the charged amount, the hours it is applicable (looks like 24 hours now) and whether or not a pizza order means separate charges for pizza and service? Thanks

At least my last cruises on the Escape and Sky, complimentary light room service (coffee, OJ, pastries, yogurts) is available from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. After that, room service incurs a $7.95 charge. Not sure on pizza delivery, but my guess is that is also $7.95.

To piggy back on this... Can you literally order a ridiculous amount of food and incur the same $8 fee as one item or is it scaled up depending on how much you order?
Order as much as you like and you will still be charged only $7.95, as long as it is one order.

I believe pizza also incurs the $7.95 charge as well.

I'm also going to piggy back on this:

Does Norwegian have the little placard you can hang on your door at night for delivery in the morning?

Or do you need to call and order it in the morning?

(I'm talking strictly the complimentary "light" room service).

Thank you!

On our last cruise on NCL, in October of 2015, there was a separate card for ordering the complimentary continental breakfast items. With NCL, you never know when they will change something, so that may not be true today.

On the regular room service menu there were both free items and items that incur an extra charge. If you order one of the items that incurs an extra charge the room service delivery fee is waived. If all the items you order are "free" then the $7.95 fee is added. The fee is "per delivery" so applies for any amount of food you have delivered.

That is as of October 2015 ... like measuring time in dog years, that is an eternity with NCL's recent rate of change, and could be completely different by the time you board.

On our last cruise on NCL, in October of 2015, there was a separate card for ordering the complimentary continental breakfast items. With NCL, you never know when they will change something, so that may not be true today.

On the regular room service menu there were both free items and items that incur an extra charge. If you order one of the items that incurs an extra charge the room service delivery fee is waived. If all the items you order are "free" then the $7.95 fee is added. The fee is "per delivery" so applies for any amount of food you have delivered.

That is as of October 2015 ... like measuring time in dog years, that is an eternity with NCL's recent rate of change, and could be completely different by the time you board.

From the FAQ's:

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 USD will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*.

This is from the Breakaway recently, subject to change, without notice & strictly by NCL with the wind of change. Just for reference, different ships are known to do it differently. It was a postcard sized order form and not a hanging tag, to be placed outside the door.

a0711989bc07c765e1a7f9b1b552fe27.jpg

c20ab513e525d708bcc217b7157fdaa7.jpg

From the FAQ's:

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 USD will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*.

So does this mean that while the individual items (for the most part), do not have a charge (like $3 for eggs, $1 for toast etc), there IS a $7.95 charge to have it delivered? I take this to mean that room service is not free, ever, even during complimentary breakfast time, is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So does this mean that while the individual items (for the most part), do not have a charge (like $3 for eggs, $1 for toast etc), there IS a $7.95 charge to have it delivered? I take this to mean that room service is not free, ever, even during complimentary breakfast time, is that correct?

Correct, its a flat fee. Order a 4 plates of eggs and bacon or 1 the price is the same

No, if you order only coffee, pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc from 6 to 10 am, that is free. The card in the photo does not include the free options. It is of course good form to tip the waiter. Others may disagree.

Room Service from 6:30 to 10 AM is free on the select items, like coffee & pastries. No fees. Tipping is optional.

Your get charged $7.95 if you order items like eggs & meat for the delivery, whether it's for 1 or 2 or 3 of you in the non+Haven stateroom.

Click below for the order form. More recently, apparently - yogurt has been restored & added back, as a free item. Not sure about cereal in a box (used to be available) but you can find them in the buffet or MDR.

a2e1728e49d84ce3d4299a74c988a619.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

No, if you order only coffee, pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc from 6 to 10 am, that is free. The card in the photo does not include the free options. It is of course good form to tip the waiter. Others may disagree.

Be aware that not all the ships include fruit and yogurt in the free continental breakfast. The Jade last April had only coffee, tea, juice, muffins/pastry. The photo in post #15 looks exactly like the papers we were given for breakfast orders.

On the Jade the order "card" was not a card but a paper, not a hanging one. I think the photo in post #15 is showing that paper since it looks like what we used for ordering.

Edited by NMLady

Room Service from 6:30 to 10 AM is free on the select items, like coffee & pastries. No fees. Tipping is optional.

Your get charged $7.95 if you order items like eggs & meat for the delivery, whether it's for 1 or 2 or 3 of you in the non+Haven stateroom.

Click below for the order form. More recently, apparently - yogurt has been restored & added back, as a free item. Not sure about cereal in a box (used to be available) but you can find them in the buffet or MDR.

Oh ok, I get it now. I've only sailed on royal Caribbean where the room service is always free (other than the tips you give for them to deliver it if you want, which we do). I was confused when some people on this thread were saying it was free and others were saying it was free, except that there was a delivery charge, so I was trying to figure out if the people who were calling it free just meant that the individual items didn't have a charge. Now I understand, thank you :)

This helps a bunch...thank you

This was the exact same menu form that we had on the Jewel last week. No yogurt or cereal.

wait a minute room service isn't free? I thought as long as you order before a certain time it was free?

Is the Haven the only thing against the rule?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Continental breakfast is free if ordered within certain hours.

Orders for everything, but the continental breakfast within the time frame, carries a $7.95 to all but suite passengers