Change to Princess website?

Poulsbo Cruisers

I'm seeing the new view and inconsistent pricing from screen to screen using IE. I didn't clear anything out, it just appeared on its own. I just checked Firefox and it is the older, preferable view. So it is definitely different depending on what browser is used.

I had placed a hold on a cruise and the web site no longer let me apply my FCC as deposit so I had to call Princess. I told the rep that "the fabulously improved web site" wouldn't let me apply the FCC and asked her to do it for me. She laughed and said something like, "I'm not going near anything to do with the web site!" and added that she had been "getting an ear full" all day regarding the site. I just said I know it isn't her fault and we laughed and she applied my FCC.

The site looks the same to me with Firefox and Chrome. Haven't tried IE or Edge. I normally use Firefox for everything.

I started seeing the changes yesterday about mid day ish. I went to check on EZ Air and saw that the visual has changed quite substantially. It seems like more heavy background graphics to me. They moved some things it seems too. Once I found "get a flight quote" it was the familiar EZ air screen. I also noticed that checking prices "routine" has changed and there is a new graphic with just inside price on the far right (Part of the new visual) I am not a fan of website changes unless it is necessary to fix some issue or to add beneficial features. This change seems like just another they changed it because they can and need something to do to earn their pay. Personally I do not like the heavier background graphics that I noticed beginning in the last major change to the personalizer. I use Mozilla Firefox and had cleared my cache before I noticed the change. Ho Hum.

It appears that Princess has changed its website and not for the better IMHO. To see the prices, other than inside cabin, one must select book this cruise. I don't know why Princess is changing something that wasn't a problem. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Odd, worked fine for me yesterday and I just went onto the site, selected "Plan A Cruise" on the first page, then selected "Find A Cruise" on the first page there and looked at both Alaska cruises and Mediterranean cruises and on both of them, except for the cruises that had certain types of cabins already sold out, all of the various cruises had prices for each cabin type right there just as always. Might want to try and lean out the cache of your browser, that might solve the problem. Or maybe since you're in the "rain shadow" of the Olympics, that messed you up. :D:D

But I see that there is an apparent difference between Firefox and IE. Maybe I don't see what you're seeing because I use Firefox.

Nope, worked okay in IE also. :confused::confused:

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

It appears that Princess has changed its website and not for the better IMHO. To see the prices, other than inside cabin, one must select book this cruise. I don't know why Princess is changing something that wasn't a problem. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Unfortunately, I discovered the same thing this morning when I got on the Princess site.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just one more PITA extra step those computer geeks at Princess added as a way of justifying their paychecks.

As was said by others, why is it necessary change something that's already in place and is working just fine??

DUMB!!!

Unfortunately, I discovered the same thing this morning when I got on the Princess site.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just one more PITA extra step those computer geeks at Princess added as a way of justifying their paychecks.

As was said by others, why is it necessary change something that's already in place and is working just fine??

DUMB!!!

Try cleaning out your cookies in your browser, that may help. Don't know why, but while some peoples' computers seem to be affected, others' aren't which would seem to indicate that it's not "some geeks at Princess" "justifying their paychecks."

Tom

I am seeing what you are seeing......both chrome and foxfire. Not liking that, as I like to see which cabins are available when I am about to book a cruise. :mad:

This morning I was able to go in and look at cruises then check different decks to choose my stateroom and see pricing. Now tonight I am not able to see anything other than category pricing. There is no way to go in and look at different decks and choose my stateroom location and pricing.

Also I see where if you want "Club Pricing" with certain mini suites you must call you can not book online.

I just want to be able to go in and look at decks and pricing and choose my room like I have always done!! I always loved Princess website because it was so easy for me to book my cruise. What happened in just a mater of hours??

This morning I was able to go in and look at cruises then check different decks to choose my stateroom and see pricing. Now tonight I am not able to see anything other than category pricing. There is no way to go in and look at different decks and choose my stateroom location and pricing.

Also I see where if you want "Club Pricing" with certain mini suites you must call you can not book online.

I just want to be able to go in and look at decks and pricing and choose my room like I have always done!! I always loved Princess website because it was so easy for me to book my cruise. What happened in just a mater of hours??

Maybe the website got bitten by a Zeka virus infected mosquito?!

Tom

LOL, I went back to the Princess website to attempt a search of a 2017 Northern Europe cruise. I am using Mozilla Firefox. It is worse than I originally thought. Now it is not showing a way to book the cruise at all. All I can do is look at diagrams and see the list of cabin types/prices. I went to my IE (which I hate) and have major frame issues there. I have to shrink the part that is separate from the background to be able to use it, but it is so small against the background. From viewing it on IE I can see what is missing on Firefox. There is a new header that has the inside price and book now on the far right. At the moment, I can not get pricing or book a cruise using Firefox and it would be too difficult on IE being so tiny. I did call Princess website support. I was told to clear the cookies/cache. I had already cleared the cache and it made no difference. I do not usually mess with cookies. They definitely know people are having problems, but there is no known fix or even an estimate of when they think it will be fixed.

LOL, I went back to the Princess website to attempt a search of a 2017 Northern Europe cruise. I am using Mozilla Firefox. It is worse than I originally thought. Now it is not showing a way to book the cruise at all. All I can do is look at diagrams and see the list of cabin types/prices. I went to my IE (which I hate) and have major frame issues there. I have to shrink the part that is separate from the background to be able to use it, but it is so small against the background. From viewing it on IE I can see what is missing on Firefox. There is a new header that has the inside price and book now on the far right. At the moment, I can not get pricing or book a cruise using Firefox and it would be too difficult on IE being so tiny. I did call Princess website support. I was told to clear the cookies/cache. I had already cleared the cache and it made no difference. I do not usually mess with cookies. They definitely know people are having problems, but there is no known fix or even an estimate of when they think it will be fixed.

My Princess website issues have devolved since my earlier post here yesterday, and my current experience is as you describe. Cleared cookies, cache, history ... to no avail.

I saw added elements yesterday, now can't even get to that point. They are definitely twigging with their site ... might eventually be an upgrade, but only if people can use the site to research, compare, book cruises.

I think it is disingenuous for the Princess IT person to infer that the problem is with the users and/or their equipment and software ... rather than admit that they're messing with the site, and not very successfully.

What version of Firefox are you using? I'm using 48.0.2 and am not having any problems (so far-knock on wood). Might try clearing your cache and your cookies. Or maybe just call in a voodoo witch doctor. Sometimes that last step is as good as the rest of them! :o

Ain't computers wonderful?!?!?!

Tom

I am really happy with the upgrade as we need to book an accessible cabin. :D:)

SO - yes you have to select Interior to start but once you select the cabin type, then 'tick' the accessible box, that selection remains if you switch between cabin levels. Makes it so much easier. :)

Gaaaa!!!! I don't have a "book this cruise" button! I can look at the itinerary 3 different ways, but can't find any way to see which cabins are available to book.:(

Mine went missing overnight.

Checking with 3 different browsers, and the site isgetting worse on all 3.

I am really happy with the upgrade as we need to book an accessible cabin. :D:)

SO - yes you have to select Interior to start but once you select the cabin type, then 'tick' the accessible box, that selection remains if you switch between cabin levels. Makes it so much easier. :)

I am glad it is working for you, but some of us DO NOT have the new header/banner with INTERIOR AND PRICE at the far right, so we CAN't book or look at anything important. That is the only way in it seems.

Now it's the same for both IE and Firefox for me and it's something entirely new. No fares appear but there is a tab to compare dates and fares. But when you click on that there is no way to actually see what cabins are actually available. What a mess!

Gaaaa!!!! I don't have a "book this cruise" button! I can look at the itinerary 3 different ways, but can't find any way to see which cabins are available to book.:(

Me too. Pain in the a$$. Would keep me from booking as I can't compare cabin types/locations/prices

Yes, it's a mess. I sent them an email. Hopefully by tomorrow they'll straighten it out.

I sent them an email also via the link on the website to contact us via email. Could not be delivered as not a valid address or so my message said.