Anyone else having problems w/ Tapatalk or CruiseCritc app?

POA1

Getting same thing as posted by POA1 on my Android phone using the CC Forums app. Everything works normally on the computer with Firefox but the forum app just gives me the empty threads. Very annoying. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. Obviously something is broken.

Having problems, now on PC. This is the second post I have been able to open. I opened went into the kitchen,and 1st thread opened. Came to this one ironed a skirt and this came up. I am not going to do this all night,

Using Edge my laptop freezes every time I go to CC. Frustrating. At least the HAL website is now working on Edge.

You might want to try Google Chrome on your PC when trying to access CC.

I was having trouble with IE and Edge - switched to Google Chrome and it works great.:D

I think it's a CC issue, as similar things have happened in the past and while I am no techie whatsoever, I recall it took them awhile to resolve it. I find it very odd that I can access everything except the actual posts and yet ads for trip advisor and trivago pop up in their place. I have never accessed any of those sites on my phone or tablet. I imagine the CC site is losing a heck of a lot of traffic.

Edited by Lizzie68

I think it's a CC issue, as similar things have happened in the past and while I am no techie whatsoever, I recall it took them awhile to resolve it. I find it very odd that I can access everything except the actual posts and yet ads for trip advisor and trivago pop up in their place. I have never accessed any of those sites on my phone or tablet. I imagine the CC site is losing a heck of a lot of traffic.

The ads are where the money comes from. ;) I can't speak for anyone else, but the current problems have me using the site a whole lot less. (Depending on your perspective, this might be a feature and not a bug. :D )

You might want to try Google Chrome on your PC when trying to access CC.

I was having trouble with IE and Edge - switched to Google Chrome and it works great.:D

I have Google Chrome on both my Android phone and computer. The only one that works is on the computer!:eek: A real PITA!

Same issue. I'm trying to use my Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm really bummed because I use my phone during the day to pass time when things are slow at work. So I've been twiddling my thumbs the last couple of days. :rolleyes:

The following was posted from CC

Is something wrong with site?

So many different issues being discussed in this thread; I'll attempt to touch base on most:

* There is an issue with the FORUM APP for ANDROID users only. IPad and iPhone users are fine. We are working with the developer to fix this issue; no ETA at this time unfortunately.

* We use a service that provides advertising feeds on the forums. This is a great article that explains why you are seeing the types of ads, that we haven't specifically said "show this to our users". http://techwelkin.com/why-do-i-see-same-ads-on-all-the-websites-all-the-time

* Clearing all cookies is NOT a good idea. Many websites use cookies in a good way. For example, not showing you content you have already seen (like here on the forums when you revisit a thread) or timestamping information. If you must clear cookies, you need to learn how to clear the specific cookie in question for a website -- find instructions for the browser you are using.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50980391

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The following was posted from CC

Is something wrong with site?

So many different issues being discussed in this thread; I'll attempt to touch base on most:

* There is an issue with the FORUM APP for ANDROID users only. IPad and iPhone users are fine. We are working with the developer to fix this issue; no ETA at this time unfortunately.

* We use a service that provides advertising feeds on the forums. This is a great article that explains why you are seeing the types of ads, that we haven't specifically said "show this to our users". http://techwelkin.com/why-do-i-see-same-ads-on-all-the-websites-all-the-time

* Clearing all cookies is NOT a good idea. Many websites use cookies in a good way. For example, not showing you content you have already seen (like here on the forums when you revisit a thread) or timestamping information. If you must clear cookies, you need to learn how to clear the specific cookie in question for a website -- find instructions for the browser you are using.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50980391

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for posting this update, it's much appreciated. However (and this isn't your question to answer so please do not feel you need to respond), it appears they are only working on the CC Forum app fix, not the same issue that is occurring with Tapatalk on Android (which I use), true??

Edited by joepeka

It looks like they fixed it. I just did an update of the CC app for my Android phone and it is working great.:D:D

Did the upgrade and now for each forum mine says "This thread may have already been deleted by the administrator" ... with a little security warning message at the beginning. So they are not out of the woods completely!...