Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Would like to book spring of 2018 TA. Based on people who booked last year, do you happen to remember what the Transatlantics were grouped with? Perhaps European cruises? Any info will be helpful. At this age I sometimes don't remember clearly what I did last week let alone when cruise itineraries were introduced from last year.

Anthem is home ported in NJ and not seasonal, but when its itineraries will come out is anyone's guess. Seasonal for RCI means the ship moves home ports.

Anthem is not a seasonal ship but her itineraries are seasonal.

Same with Grandeur

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know why Symphony OTS won't be inter-porting in Rome? It was possible to do on Allure and Harmony in the past, but not on upcoming Freedom Med cruises.

atgood

Would also like to know this - sailed harmony from Rome and hoped to do the same with symphony but looks like it will have to be Barcelona .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I called last week the night that symphony opened only via phone. I was told "we don't have a ship called symphony of the seas".

This is why I use a TA. The people on the phones for Royal drive me CRAZY!

Speaking of my TA, I let her know about the itineraries on CruiseCal (thanks to this thread!) and let her know which ones we liked and disliked, so that she would have some leeway in getting us the cabin we want. She called Royal and they told her "they are not giving specific dates since there has been some delays but all should be posted by the end of the month". And she said she would keep calling.

This is why I use a TA. The people on the phones for Royal drive me CRAZY!

It was before they were bookable online on regular or TA site. Everything opened up the next day, and surprise, surprise-- there IS a ship called "symphony of the seas"

Would also like to know this - sailed harmony from Rome and hoped to do the same with symphony but looks like it will have to be Barcelona .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know why Symphony OTS won't be inter-porting in Rome? It was possible to do on Allure and Harmony in the past, but not on upcoming Freedom Med cruises.

atgood

I haven't seen any indication other than the on board flyers prior to release that Symphony would inter-port in Rome. All European departures seem to be from Barcelona.

I haven't seen any indication other than the on board flyers prior to release that Symphony would inter-port in Rome. All European departures seem to be from Barcelona.

I wish this could be true. I'd rather leave out of Rome than Barcelona as we want to catch a second cruise out of Venice and that saves us a flight between Spain and Italy. How do I inquire on this?

I wish this could be true. I'd rather leave out of Rome than Barcelona as we want to catch a second cruise out of Venice and that saves us a flight between Spain and Italy. How do I inquire on this?

Leaving from Rome isn't an option on Symphony OTS at this time. For trying to figure travel options between European cities, I use an app called Rome2Rio.

atgood

Leaving from Rome isn't an option on Symphony OTS at this time. For trying to figure travel options between European cities, I use an app called Rome2Rio.

atgood

Thank you for the tip!

I've embarked in Barcelona before and it was smooth, I am just looking to ease my travel options between the two cruises.

We are spending 5 days in Tuscany between our Jewel Greek Island cruise from Rome this October and the Freedom TA from Barcelona. We are taking a Vueling flight from Florence into Barcelona the day before boarding the Freedom. It looks like it will be a relatively easy process.

We are spending 5 days in Tuscany between our Jewel Greek Island cruise from Rome this October and the Freedom TA from Barcelona. We are taking a Vueling flight from Florence into Barcelona the day before boarding the Freedom. It looks like it will be a relatively easy process.

Great minds think alike!

I am watching for the Liberty to open up out of Galveston. Since the itineraries are already upon CruiseCal I already have dates picked out if the prices are good. Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday.

How far out are the dates for Liberty as I need to transfer a current reservation for Liberty to later?

How far out are the dates for Liberty as I need to transfer a current reservation for Liberty to later?

Into spring 2019.

That is showing on CruiseCal. It is not showing on RCI yet, but should be open in the next couple of days, I would think.

Booking on Liberty would not only give us a little "extra cruise", but it would also give us enough points to make us D+ for our planned big "retirement cruise" in 2019.:)

Liberty shows up in Galveston in cruise cal through Soring 2019. No one will know for sure if that's how it will truly be until the new sailings come out. RC has used a ship as a placeholder on the port calendars before. At present, through 2018 is the sure thing. I hope she stays on. We love Liberty

It was before they were bookable online on regular or TA site. Everything opened up the next day, and surprise, surprise-- there IS a ship called "symphony of the seas"

You heard it here first, lol! Amazing to have such uninformed agents answering the phones and booking -- or not booking -- cruises.:(