Things I wish RC would do/have...

Slam308

I'm sensing a theme here. :D

Love #3. The only place I've seen that is the Schooner Bar. It was a Chex mix kind of thing, and then only if you asked for it.

Will have to check next time. They provide 'free' food all day long, why not make it easy and appropriate to the occasion/location.

It is an area that has been lacking in attention! :)

Edited by shipshape sam

I discovered on my last cruise that turning the AC right down actually made the AC almost stop working. When I turned it down to the lowest setting then turned the temp back up a bit it actually worked better.

With a bit of google searching after the cruise I discovered that many hotels set minimums and there are overrides which you can use. (eg. http://lifehacker.com/override-your-hotel-room-thermostat-and-set-it-as-hot-o-1462595059)

I wonder if this is also true for the systems on the ships :confused:

Hmmm...interesting thought!

Will try it, but it seems every time our balcony is facing the sun...no matter if

I close the drapes or not...it gets hot in there. Cheap A/C. You can put your

hand up by the vent and feel almost nothing. :(

I discovered on my last cruise that turning the AC right down actually made the AC almost stop working. When I turned it down to the lowest setting then turned the temp back up a bit it actually worked better.

With a bit of google searching after the cruise I discovered that many hotels set minimums and there are overrides which you can use. (eg. http://lifehacker.com/override-your-hotel-room-thermostat-and-set-it-as-hot-o-1462595059)

I wonder if this is also true for the systems on the ships :confused:

Possibly on the newer ships, but when it is not a digital control you are at the mercy. The thought of cranking down and a tad up. I think the ships need to be hvac more to!

Adventure in our area had a weird clean smell! I don’t know if they had to clean carpet. The sink wasn't draining well! Toilet seemed fine. I was glad I wasn't allergic to the smell or a long 7 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Edited by Justmekaren918

!) Good craft beers on Draft

2) Good craft beers in bottles/cans (IPA's is a good start)

3) Good snacks (free) in pubs/ where beer is served/sold

4) Allowed to bring on a six pack of beer

5) Beer tasting

6) Pizza and beer night

Would be nice.

Yes yes yes . And a frozen coke machine in the pool area

Can't seem to get the quote thing to work tonight, but what's a "weird clean smell"?? Isn't that just no smell?:rolleyes:

Also, I'd love to have an indoor/outdoor bar venue that allows smoking. Double sealed, vented to the outside at the back of the ship, (above and away from aft cabins) far away from any other public place so as not to annoy anyone.

I'm sure it's not a popular opinion, but why not give smokers a place, away from everyone else, where they can enjoy their cruise too. I know plenty of crew, both musicians and bartenders, that smoke as well. They could volunteer to work there so as not to subject non-smoking crew to the second hand smoke.

A simple request, that I don't think that I will ever see. That being a ship back on the West Coast out of LA. I could live with Royal Caribbean almost exclusively if they just would put a ship in LA for a few months of the year.

I spoke with Michael Bayley last week while on board the Allure for the Presidents cruise, and he is pretty adamant that there is no profit for RCL from a ship on the West Coast.

Bummer!!

Rick

We're on Explorer next week and it's nearly sold out. Just sayin'

Tom

A simple request, that I don't think that I will ever see. That being a ship back on the West Coast out of LA. I could live with Royal Caribbean almost exclusively if they just would put a ship in LA for a few months of the year.

I spoke with Michael Bayley last week while on board the Allure for the Presidents cruise, and he is pretty adamant that there is no profit for RCL from a ship on the West Coast.

Bummer!!

Rick

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wish RCCL(and all cruise lines) would discourage (if not ban) the waving of napkins when the waiters have their parade to sing and dance. Just bothers me to no end that people cough, hack, blow their noses, wipe their faces etc with their napkins and then wave them all around....sharing their viruses and bacteria. And people wonder why they get sick on ships. There's more to prevention than washing hands or using sanitizer. I know this makes mesons mean but it is really common sense.

Chris

I was on Princess in May and they didn't have this offer.

You may have missed it. It is kind of their "thing".

I wish RCI's included selection of casual quick counter service food matched that of Princess (at least the large ships). Princess International Cafe blows RC's Promenade Cafe away.

This is not "on" the ship, but I would like to see a Key West/Bahamas cruise sailing out of Galveston. We have done this on Disney and Carnival, but never seen it offered on Royal.

I was hoping Vision's arrival would lead to some more imaginative offerings but looks like it won't happen :eek: