What do you love about Celebrity Cruise Line?

Mjasp

Can you please elaborate on what you mean "a bit low key". Is there music/bands playing till at least midnight or later?

A bit low key means no belly flop or beer chugging contests. Entertainment (dancing and entertainment) goes on till 2am or later. If it is offered, go to the "Silent Disco" which usually starts at 10pm and goes on till people drop. It is a fun concept and impossible to explain, you have to experience it.

A bit low key means no belly flop or beer chugging contests. Entertainment (dancing and entertainment) goes on till 2am or later. If it is offered, go to the "Silent Disco" which usually starts at 10pm and goes on till people drop. It is a fun concept and impossible to explain, you have to experience it.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking forward to trying Celebrity. Will keep my eyes open for the silent disco.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean "a bit low key". Is there music/bands playing till at least midnight or later?

Being a westbound TA, we had a few 25 hour days. The Disco was closed. They had live entertainment in various spots. I don't remember being up past midnight, and after my late seating dinner there wasn't much going on.

I am sure it depends on the itinerary too. This cruise was mostly an older crowd. On the bright side alcohol sales were so low, tons of 2 for 1 specials.

You will enjoy yourself trust me. I did. I just like a little more excitement. I am going again so that should tell you something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends. Bar events including music are usually scheduled until 1am. But depending on the passengers, a venue might be empty at 11:45 and they will close early.

You can almost always find something going on until midnight. Often the late shows don't end until 11:30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Previous responses to your question have given you accurate info, but I'd just add that if a big part of enjoying yourself on a cruise is late-night music, dancing and partying, Celebrity is probably not a good fit for you. Certainly on a 7 night Caribbean cruise there will be a party scene to some extent, but on the longer cruises often there is not. (It is going to depend on the passengers on that sailing and whether there are enough interested in late-night entertainment.)

Previous responses to your question have given you accurate info, but I'd just add that if a big part of enjoying yourself on a cruise is late-night music, dancing and partying, Celebrity is probably not a good fit for you. Certainly on a 7 night Caribbean cruise there will be a party scene to some extent, but on the longer cruises often there is not. (It is going to depend on the passengers on that sailing and whether there are enough interested in late-night entertainment.)

No, not looking for a partying crowd, however I am looking for a fun crowd. I like to have late evening cocktails with live music. But like someone else said, the late show gets out late, so I am good with that.

I love that I don't feel like I'm in the middle of someone's "Frat Party." People like to have fun and a good time, without it getting out of hand. :eek:

I also love that there is no limit on the number of drinks you can have with the beverage package, and that the classic package also includes sodas, juice, and coffee along with "Adult Beverages."

No, not looking for a partying crowd, however I am looking for a fun crowd. I like to have late evening cocktails with live music. But like someone else said, the late show gets out late, so I am good with that.

I find that the fun crowd always seems to find each other on any ship. Are you sailing in the Caribbean? Join your roll call, they may have some activities setup. I did the cabin Crawl, it was a great way to preview the different categories. No matter what class of cabin your in your service will be outstanding. Cabins are a good size also. I do love the Equinox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im on Reflection at present. Im not feeling the love

The food is ordinary the fresh juice is not fresh like drinking pure sugar. I asked is it fresh squeezed they said it frozen fresh .

I have the classic package and its like macdonalds upsellng to premium its driving me nuts.my husband doesnt drink and could not change for internet package unless i did.so had to pay 300 for internet.he cant even get sparkling water! They said buy premium package!

The wine is awful and if i want a better one i dont pay the extra i have to completely pay for the new wine.

Im at a sunset verandah and the soot every morning is like walking on rocks. The noise from the back of the ship s deafening.so have to soeep with door clsed at night.bad mistake to get SV.

The staff in The dining room are rude and unhappy

Ive just come off azamara journey

Its like 2 different worlds.

Staff were fabulous as usual and the food has improved considerably.back to reflection

I am cured of big ships

The **** fight for breakfast was like the end of the world.

People everywhere ,queuing .:eek::eek:

Sounds like you need to go back to Azamara

The food is ordinary the fresh juice is not fresh like drinking pure sugar. I asked is it fresh squeezed they said it frozen fresh .

I have the classic package and its like macdonalds upsellng to premium its driving me nuts.my husband doesnt drink and could not change for internet package unless i did.so had to pay 300 for internet.he cant even get sparkling water! They said buy premium package!

The wine is awful and if i want a better one i dont pay the extra i have to completely pay for the new wine.

Im at a sunset verandah and the soot every morning is like walking on rocks. The noise from the back of the ship s deafening.so have to soeep with door clsed at night.bad mistake to get SV.

Staff were fabulous as usual and the food has improved considerably.back to reflection

I am cured of big ships

I am cured of big ships

Sorry you're not liking your cruise. By the way, you're supposed to keep your door closed so you don't mess up the air conditioning for everyone near you.

Hope you find a cruise line that suits you.

Personally, I love Reflection.

It depends. Bar events including music are usually scheduled until 1am. But depending on the passengers, a venue might be empty at 11:45 and they will close early.

You can almost always find something going on until midnight. Often the late shows don't end until 11:30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends, indeed. There was a much younger crowd on our South America cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. There was a large group estimated at 1,100 passengers from Mexico City. Many were in their early twenties. A huge group of them partied hardy in the Constellation Lounge until 5:00am! Yes...5:00am! :eek::eek::eek: I was a challenge for Milos and Mickey to give their early morning presentations.

Breakfast station was open until 11:00am. Lots and lots of hangovers I suppose.

I am cured of big ships

Oh no that's a shame. I was on the Reflection in June and had a completely different experience. We were in a sunset verandah cabin at the aft and didn't have any issues with noise or soot. We were on deck 7 I wonder if it varies depending on which deck or itinerary you are on. I loved being right at the aft.

I don't drink alcohol but my partner found the wines included in the premium package fine. The extra $100 to upgrade to the premium drinks package was a lot less than the extra it would have cost to sail with Azamara for us.

We only encountered the occasional moody staff member - I figure on a ship with over a thousand staff there are bound to be a few every day who aren't top of their game but generally they were good. We have been on a cruise in the past where the staff were less than stellar, I do wonder if later in the season toward the end of peak holiday time when its been busy for weeks the service suffers as staff get more tired. We try to always cruise in the shoulder season for that reason. Ships are less crowded then too.

we sailed on Reflection this past March. We loved it, just as we did Solstice & Silhouette. I'm looking forward to Eclipse in April. My only grip about Celebrity is that the window dividers in the ocean view café were at eye level on the Solstice.

Yes! We noticed this in the Sky Observation Lounge, the window dividers are right at eye level and right at the horizon, so that point where ocean becomes sky is obscured completely. But we found that the sky observation lounge wasn't staffed during the day and was used more than once for art auctions etc so wasn't a place we spent much time - although on other ships it where we've spent most of our time.

Those big yellow chairs in Al Bacio are great for looking out at the ocean. I'm on Solstice for Alaska in May and am hoping there are lots of places to do that.

Yes! We noticed this in the Sky Observation Lounge, the window dividers are right at eye level and right at the horizon, so that point where ocean becomes sky is obscured completely. But we found that the sky observation lounge wasn't staffed during the day and was used more than once for art auctions etc so wasn't a place we spent much time - although on other ships it where we've spent most of our time.

Those big yellow chairs in Al Bacio are great for looking out at the ocean. I'm on Solstice for Alaska in May and am hoping there are lots of places to do that.

we were on Solstice's first ever Alaska cruise a few years ago. It was our first ever cruise as well. I used to laugh at friends who went on cruises. I thought it was only for OLD people. Because of Celebrity, I now LOVE cruises too.

We tried X during spring break '15. My dw and dd who is 12 had a great time. Celebrity has a refined feel which is why we tried it. The MDR food was good to great and the staff everywhere with few exceptions were outstanding. The smoking policy is wonderful for us non smokers. We are booked on the silhouette for mar '17 and can't wait. I almost forgot the solarium and cafe al bacio are great!

I am cured of big ships

Oh dear I am sad you are not enjoying your experience as I would love to sail on Reflection due to all the good reviews.

I find that good staff respond to passengers in the manner in which they are addressed which is the correct thing to do, its almost unheard of to hear that X staff were rude and unhappy and this is not good.

I would never advise sleeping with the door open - mainly due to the air conditioning.

We always up grade to premium as I love sparkling water, Peroni and nice wine. I checked the lists before we sailed and paid the up grade - it was well worth it.

For those who hate the queues, breakfast and lunch in the MDR are fabulous and in the spa - there are always places to eat without using the buffet.

I sincerely hope that you are able to find a way to enjoy the rest of your cruise. We cant all like the same thing so maybe a return to Azamara is the way forward for you or maybe wait a while and try again.

We really do not like P&O but we keep giving it another try on a new ship just in case our poor reviews were hastily made - however after trying 4 times we are cured!

Happy cruising whatever you decide in the future :)

Oh dear I am sad you are not enjoying your experience as I would love to sail on Reflection due to all the good reviews.

I find that good staff respond to passengers in the manner in which they are addressed which is the correct thing to do, its almost unheard of to hear that X staff were rude and unhappy and this is not good.

I would never advise sleeping with the door open - mainly due to the air conditioning.

We always up grade to premium as I love sparkling water, Peroni and nice wine. I checked the lists before we sailed and paid the up grade - it was well worth it.

For those who hate the queues, breakfast and lunch in the MDR are fabulous and in the spa - there are always places to eat without using the buffet.

I sincerely hope that you are able to find a way to enjoy the rest of your cruise. We cant all like the same thing so maybe a return to Azamara is the way forward for you or maybe wait a while and try again.

We really do not like P&O but we keep giving it another try on a new ship just in case our poor reviews were hastily made - however after trying 4 times we are cured!

Happy cruising whatever you decide in the future :)

Bravo, well done English Mommy! :) You have terrific interpersonal skills with positive reinforcement. I wager you must be either a psychologist or school teacher. ;) I am taking note and learning a few tricks from you. Thanks!

I have cruised on Reflection twice and she is one of our favorite ships. With your positive attitude I know you will like Reflection too.

* The food in the MDR, the best on any cruise I've been.

* The service everywhere: restaurants, bars, Guest Relations, shops, even the guys that opens the door for you in the bathrooms.

* Cafe Al Baccio (delicious desserts), Martini Bar (great cocktails and ambient).

* The tent with iced water, towels, and chairs at every port of call.

Edited by Pipo

* The food in the MDR, the best on any cruise I've been.

* The service everywhere: restaurants, bars, Guest Relations, shops, even the guys that opens the door for you in the bathrooms.

* Cafe Al Baccio (delicious desserts), Martini Bar (great cocktails and ambient).

* The tent with iced water, towels, and chairs at every port of call.

WAIT! Someone opens the door for you when you go to the bathroom?

Edited by Mjasp

WAIT! Someone opens the door for you went you go to the bathroom?

LOL!:) Generally in the evenings after the early show performance and b4 the late dinner seating there are attendants in the restrooms on the deck with the theater and restaurant who open the OUTER door for guests so as to keep hands from touching bathroom doors and ward off the dreaded possible norovirus outbreaks. Nice little (no) touch.