Upgraded to Aqua Class.

whatyouknowsays

To all the knowledgable Celebrity cruisers out there. I just got a upgrade to Aqua class and a very favorable cabin after originally booking a verandah stateroom guarantee quite a while back for my upcoming November Cruise. I had already booked all my dining in advance in the cruise planner. I am new to Celebrity and understand Aqua class has a specific dining venue. Since this is an upgrade am I now allowed to dine in Aqua? If so can I make reservations for this venue in advance online also ?

Cheers!

What a lovely upgrade, congratulations. Blu will be your assigned dining room and there is no need to make reservations as you can just turn up when you want to eat. Blu is only open for breakfast and dinner, we love it.

your dining room for Aqua class will be Blu. It is a very nice place to dine and they serve breakfast and dinner.

Blu is open seating so there is no need to make reservations. Even though it was an upgrade you will still receive all the Aqua class benefits.

Enjoy!:)

Thank you all. I know the prices have fluctuated quite a bit over the last few months on this cruise. I originally had 7305 assigned , which was a 2B. I was happy with that as it was an unobstructed view, and I was expecting deck 6 2D.

I am very fortunate to have this opportunity to try Aqua class, but must admit way too cheap too pay for in advance.

Cheers!

Thank you all. I know the prices have fluctuated quite a bit over the last few months on this cruise. I originally had 7305 assigned , which was a 2B. I was happy with that as it was an unobstructed view, and I was expecting deck 6 2D.

I am very fortunate to have this opportunity to try Aqua class, but must admit way too cheap too pay for in advance.

Cheers!

Congratulations! You will love BLU. It's been my observation that Celebrity rarely reassigns a guarantee after assignment. You are very, very fortunate. Did they notify you or did you notice the reassignment on your account? Have a fabulous cruise.

Cheers!

I hope you have joined the Celebrity loyalty club -- once you have completed your first cruise you can get an upgrade. We love Aqua and getting the upgrade is nice. After our October cruise we will be platinum on RCCL so will get added perks when we are on the Anthem in February.

Classic Member Benefits*

(after completing your first sailing**)

• Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

• Access to Reunion Cruise and President's Cruise events

• One category upgrade through AquaClass® (prior to sailing, when available, restrictions apply) ***

• One Complimentary scoop of gelato from the Gelateria

• 10% off any single Internet package (restrictions may apply)

• 10% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Access to Captain's Club newsletter online

• Use of the Loyalty Desk service center between cruises

• Access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise

• Eligibility for Captain's Club promotions when booking a future cruise onboard

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

The fact that your regular dining venue (for dinner and breakfast...if you please) is Blu does not impact your dining reservations in the other alternative restaurants. If you would rather dine (and pay) to eat in the Tuscan, Murano., etc. then that is fine.

Hank

Just to add to the above posters, your assigned dining room is Blu, you do not have a seat in the MDR. Dining is anytime and seating is mostly two tops.

Question: If Blu is the assigned dining room, can we go and dine one night in the MDR if we use Anytime dining?

Possibly you can. Talk to the Blu Maitre'D who can find out if Select Dining is already full, or if they can accommodate you. They will probably tell you that there would be space if you dine a bit early or a bit late. Don't just go to the MDR and ask to be admitted, make the arrangement through your Blu staff.

You will love Blu!!!!! It is the reason we book Aqua class when cruising on Celebrity.

As the other posters stated, Blu is your assigned dining venue - Breakfast and Dinner. Breakfast you can eat anywhere (main dining room; buffet; Blu). You will not be eating in the Main Dining Room unless you coordinate it with the Maitre d' in Blu. The dining room portion of your tips will be given to the Blu wait staff.

Enjoy Aqua class.

Question: If Blu is the assigned dining room, can we go and dine one night in the MDR if we use Anytime dining?

Why would you want to dine in the main dining room?

We ate in blu most nights and it was amazing.The blu menu does also include some items from the main dining room ( noticeably in the pudding section where there would usually be 'apple pie a la mode' and creme brule ).

If you are assigned Blu, you don't have 'anytime dining'. Yes you can turn up at blue any time, but 'anytime dining' is a seating reference for the main dinning room.

MDR: early seating, late seating, anytime dining

Blu: you can turn up and any time

You will be assigned a time to dine on the first night . If it does not suit you just go when you want. We were assigned 8 pm and we like to dine at 6. It was not a problem

And yes most tables are for 2 but there are a few for larger groups so just ask to be seated at one if available. The 2 tops are close together so it is like sitting with others anyway

In Blu on the Summit this past August, we were allowed to order anything off of the MDR menu if we wanted. I did that two nights when I preferred an entree from the MDR.

On M class ships, Blu and the MDR share the same kitchen space. I hear they won't do that on S class ships because they're separate.

Enjoy your new cruising experience.

Bingo, Steve! That's what I needed to know.

We have dined in Blu several times on both classes, but do know that we had difficulty getting something from the MDR when on the Silhouette this past May. We will be on the Summit next week. ;)

Possibly you can. Talk to the Blu Maitre'D who can find out if Select Dining is already full, or if they can accommodate you. They will probably tell you that there would be space if you dine a bit early or a bit late. Don't just go to the MDR and ask to be admitted, make the arrangement through your Blu staff.

Thank you! :)

Why would you want to dine in the main dining room?

We ate in blu most nights and it was amazing.The blu menu does also include some items from the main dining room ( noticeably in the pudding section where there would usually be 'apple pie a la mode' and creme brule ).

If you are assigned Blu, you don't have 'anytime dining'. Yes you can turn up at blue any time, but 'anytime dining' is a seating reference for the main dinning room.

MDR: early seating, late seating, anytime dining

Blu: you can turn up and any time

With a 14 night upcoming cruise, I wasn't sure how far the Blu menu stretched and when they repeat menus. We will eat in Tuscan on one occasion, and maybe Qusine (both were not stellar the last time we dined in them.) We may get bored in Blu for the length of cruise we have and might prefer another break in routine. ;)

Bingo, Steve! That's what I needed to know.

We have dined in Blu several times on both classes, but do know that we had difficulty getting something from the MDR when on the Silhouette this past May. We will be on the Summit next week. ;)

With a 14 night upcoming cruise, I wasn't sure how far the Blu menu stretched and when they repeat menus. We will eat in Tuscan on one occasion, and maybe Qusine (both were not stellar the last time we dined in them.) We may get bored in Blu for the length of cruise we have and might prefer another break in routine. ;)

I believe they have fourteen different menus that are rotated in no particular order. You'll probably find some similar proteins in both the MDR and Blu although the preparation will be different.

Good to know. My DH will ask for the next evenings menu before we leave Blu each night. :D I know that in May, there was at least one menu that we didn't care for and instead chose to go to Murano or Lawn Club Grill (our favorite!)

OP - You will love Celebrity, Blu, and the ship!

Edited by Iamthesea