Flowers onboard

LabGuy64

Hello,

Has anyone bought flowers to have in the room from celebrity?

I was wondering if I should have them delivered from an outside florist or not?

How was the quality?...did they last long? was the arrangement a good size for the price?.....any thoughts?

Thanks

I believe you can't bring flowers on board the ship. My husband ordered flowers for our anniversary from Celebrity and they were terrible. Edges dried and wilting. I sent them back. :( Granted our anniversary is on Valentines Day so I am sure they had a lot of orders, but that's no excuse for what they sent.They did send a replacement which was a little better, but not really fresh. :( I didn't send them back only because I felt bad because he wanted me to have flowers on our anniversary. We have cruised on the 14 day Eclipse in Feb twice and have another one booked. I have told him to please not order any flowers for me. I was highly disappointed with Celebrity about the flowers.

I am sure there have been others who have received great flowers so I am sure someone else will chime in.

Edited by ReneeFLL

You can bring flowers onto a Celebrity ship. We have done it both at embarkation and when in port. You cannot take pot plants.

I doubt that you can have flowers delivered to a ship, though. You would have to purchase them and carry them on yourself.

You will find that everyone has a friendly word with you if you are carrying flowers so it can be great fun.

If you do buy some, try to ensure that you get one of those special flower bouquet plastic bags (always available alongside the flowers in supermarkets) - or bring one from home. These have a handle and make it easier to carry them during the check-in process. When you reach the scanner, place the flowers stem forward and they will be fine.

One final tip: if you are on a long cruise, alstromeria are the best choice. They will last for 14 days if purchased fresh.

Edited by Project_gal

Celebrity flowers seem to be hit and miss....I have had wonderful roses and ones that have looked half dead! This has included flowers provided 'free' in suites and ones requested for special occasions. Ironically the nicest I ever had was five days into a seven night cruise....Those I took off the ship with me!

Agree with project gal if you can take your own on board.

I agree with Project Gal. It's been a long time since Celebrity let florists deliver flowers to a ship. Best to pick some up in Port prior to boarding the ship.

You don't mention your departure port. We've done this in Ft. Lauderdale and just picked up a nice bouquet at a Grocery Store near the pier. We've also done this out of Amsterdam twice and picked up a fantastic bouquet at the flower market along the canal. Both times the bouquet lasted 12+ days :D Upon boarding just let your room steward know you need a vase and they'll get one right away.

In a pinch I've also bought a bouquet on board. The quality has been OK but nothing special.

Edited by RickT

We went to Pike's Place Market in Seattle the morning before we got on an Alaskan cruise. Saw the huge gorgeous bouquets for $5, and $10 and couldn't believe it! I just wanted some but then I knew I was getting on a ship.

Well don't you know it we're at the port getting on and there are tons and tons of people with those same gorgeous bouquets!!! I could have done the same but I had no idea that you could bring them aboard!!

The only time we had flowers for the room was our second cruise - the one we took a month after we had given two big weddings for our daughters in 5 months!!! My husband sent a dozen red roses and they were beautiful. It's been awhile - that was in August 2001 on Infinity to Hawaii.

A little OT, but this reminds me of something I was curious about.

On our May Summit cruise, we received a vase of flowers in our regular cabin midway through the week. No card.

We booked directly with X so not from TA.

Is this something new for Elite?

A little OT, but this reminds me of something I was curious about.

On our May Summit cruise, we received a vase of flowers in our regular cabin midway through the week. No card.

We always get flowers from "X"

Sometime a few, sometimes more.

a73t5.jpg

Agree that X flowers are hit or miss...have sent some back for lack of freshness, not what was ordered and skimpiness, They made good but was a hassle each time.

Other times, the flowers were lovely...

Best bet is to bring them on yourself if you can...cabin attendant will find a nice vase.,,Have brought on flowers in Hawaii, Barbados and Provence,,..and also from Publix, Fla

AQ and Elite also give us flowers,,.they are nice and lasting but basic.

Really miss the old flex vase arrangements..long gone. Also miss the upstairs flower shop on M class and the little Conservatory...now restaurant space. In general I do not see lovely flowers around the ship anymore.,,,,,,,,

Agree that Celebrity's flowers leave a lot to be desired. We moved into the penthouse to find a near-dead bouquet in the lobby. Took them several days to get something decent in there.

Pike Place Market is definitely the place to get your flowers! Also Astoria, Oregon had some gorgeous bouquets, but we only had two days left in the cruise.

AQ and Elite also give us flowers,,.they are nice and lasting but basic

Aqua no longer get flowers as a perk. However, Elite and above members get flowers regardless of the room category. This is usually a small vile with a red Rose and 4 Peruvian Lilies. These will last a couple of weeks. I clarified this new policy with the Hotel Director on the Solstice recently. I just hate it when Celebrity gives us benefits we aren't expecting! ;)

We always order the small bouquet from Celebrity for $35 after we board. It is a beautiful bouquet and we have never been disappointed. We change the water on a daily basis and the bouquets last 10 to 14 days (some flowers longer than others).

Thanks to everyone for responding...

I feared that it might be hit or miss on the stuff ordered from X That's why I was leaning towards ordering some a few different types to put around the suite.....the wife loves flowers in the room. Carry on might be possible....we are doing a TA leaving from Civitavecchia in Italy so I thought it might be easier to order them.....I guess not. Guess I will have to give this more thought

Thanks to everyone for responding...

I feared that it might be hit or miss on the stuff ordered from X That's why I was leaning towards ordering some a few different types to put around the suite.....the wife loves flowers in the room. Carry on might be possible....we are doing a TA leaving from Civitavecchia in Italy so I thought it might be easier to order them.....I guess not. Guess I will have to give this more thought

We did a TA from Civitavecchia and picked up our flowers in Livorno (first port - it rained constantly in Rome and we saw no flowers for sale as we dodged the weather). There is a small florist next to the large market hall (no flowers there but they directed us to the florist - all without a common language). At the florist (again no common language) she would not let us buy one type of flower because they were not fresh enough and directed us towards some others (actually less expensive). They were wonderful and, again, lasted the whole cruise.

When I called Celebrity I was told I couldn't bring them on. That's what I get for calling and asking. Glad to learn you can. I am going to start bringing them on because I love flowers.

As you are from Fort Lauderdale, I can strongly recommend the Publix Alstromeria as long lasting flowers. Have bought them many times and our butler always says they are a great choice.

Hello,

How was the quality?...did they last long? was the arrangement a good size for the price?.....any thoughts?

Thanks

Fresh cut flowers can be brought onboard our vessels by guests in all U.S. ports (not not necessarily in all foreign ports). For environmental reasons, guests cannot take them off a ship anywhere.

Have ordered flowers for dw from X, Royal and Princess for every sailing we've ever done. Happy wife, happy life. She knows they'll be there, but I try to vary the arrangement.

Maybe we're just lucky, but they always last the length of the cruise. Just keep changing the water. Orchids seem to hold up the best (21 days through Panama Canal), and roses the least. On Summit this month that little $35 arrangement stayed fresh for 14 days.

What is the policy if friends or relatives want to send flowers to a guest through a florist?

Fresh cut flowers can be brought onboard our vessels by guests in all U.S. ports (not not necessarily in all foreign ports). For environmental reasons, guests cannot take them off a ship anywhere.

Hello,

Thanks

It has become something of a tradition for us; our first cruise together on Royal overlapped Valentine's Day. Flowers ordered, much appreciated. Now with three 14-15 day cruises on Celebrity, the flowers have been beautiful, have lasted most of the voyage with a bit of care (occasional pruning, fresh water, some loving encouragement) and they continue to be much appreciated. I order ahead for delivery on Day 1, never any problem. Do it, it is a nice touch. I'll be ordering some for our Nov 5 cruise - come check them out if you haven't been convinced by then.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

On one cruise my husband attempted to surprise me with flowers he ordered through X to be waiting in our cabin for our anniversary.

When they weren't there he spoke to guest services, they then had the nerve to send up one of their potted plastic plants they had sitting round the ship.

Well the surprise was ruined and real flowers were never delivered so he just asked for a refund.

I told him it was a lovely thought but maybe he shouldn't order flowers again on X.

Hopefully they've improved in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We went to Granville market and had a fabulous display of flowers made up for our anniiversary on Infinity. We put them in the cabin and the whole room smelt wonderful. No comment was made when we brought them on board and it was a very big display, a number of our friends commented on them when we did the cabin crawl.

Edited by StLucia