Am I the only that is waiting patiently for Harmony Caribbean reviews?!

Bali505

We will be on the Harmony in February and my DD and DGD will be with us.

I will post a LIVE REPORT and much of it will be through the eyes of an 8 year old.

We are looking forward to the cruise.

There is no such thing as a bad cruse in my opinion!

I too will be doing a live review of her inaugural full Caribbean sailing in November 12th, with scopes. Compasses will be posted daily along with our daily musings and shenanigans. I can't wait to be reporting.:D

I will post a LIVE REPORT and much of it will be through the eyes of an 8 year old.

I look forward to that Trainman. Your DGD is so adorable. Will love to see her excitement and enjoy your cruise through her innocent eyes.

So excited to hear that periscopes and live reports will be happening from our 11/12 cruise. Takes the pressure off of me if I don't get right to my review and now I won't have to post the compasses thanks to those of you who are going to post them daily (I hate bringing all that stuff home).😊

I am just so excited to board and sail this beautiful ship.

Sailing November 12th. New to this board but will leave a review and answer any questions. Normally sail on Princess but wanted to try new class of ships.

Will say so far, booking cruise, making restaurant/show reservations, and purchase of drink packages has been flawless.

So excited to hear that periscopes and live reports will be happening from our 11/12 cruise. Takes the pressure off of me if I don't get right to my review and now I won't have to post the compasses thanks to those of you who are going to post them daily (I hate bringing all that stuff home).😊

I am just so excited to board and sail this beautiful ship.

I'm excited to be on this wonderful shipas well. :)

I decided to post the compasses at the end of each day this cruise as I am tired of dragging them home, just to post them a couple of days later.

We will be sailing her on 11/19/16 over Thanksgiving. It will be her first time on the weekly Western Caribbean route. I had not even thought about posting a review or posting live. However, after reading this thread I might be share some valuable information like the compasses. Although I imagine the will Be slightly different than the regular compass/schedule due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

I can't wait to see all of these reviews, compasses, etc, before our Dec. 17 cruise! I didn't think they could make a ship I would love more than the Allure, but I think they proved me wrong. As an adrenaline junkie, can't wait to try all of the new slides!

And yes, I have been IMpatiently waiting for her to come to the States to see these reviews!

I too will be doing a live review of her inaugural full Caribbean sailing in November 12th, with scopes. Compasses will be posted daily along with our daily musings and shenanigans. I can't wait to be reporting.:D

Can't wait for your live review!!! :):)

I'm excited to be on this wonderful shipas well. :)

I decided to post the compasses at the end of each day this cruise as I am tired of dragging them home, just to post them a couple of days later.

Have the Genie scan them for you. ;)

Trainman,

I am really looking forward to your review, we also are taking our DD & DGD (age 6) on their first cruise next March. What a first cruise to take:)! We have never cruised with a child before so I am anxious to see how you plan your days and what activities she is interested in. Will you be signing her up for Adventure Ocean, and if so, is it better to do first seating for dinner? We plan to take her to many of the shows, Grease, aqua & ice shows. Any tips or advice you could give for pre-planning and booking when you have a young child would be great, it's usually just my husband and I.

We are on in January also, doing a B2B. First time ever doing a B2B. Am

getting so excited and can hardly wait. Countdown seems too slow .LOL !

If anyone is willing I would love to see pictures of the Vitality Fitness Center.

I am a fitness addict, but also love food, so really need this place every day.

Just want to see what's available if anyone interested in posting pictures of

the whole center. I know it's not what everyone wants to see, but would

appreciate if anyone has time to do so. We love the whole ship and it looks

so beautiful. Enjoyed Allure and Oasis so looking forward to Harmony.

Have the Genie scan them for you. ;)

I just snorted. Thankfully I wasn't drinking anything at the same time. This cruise Lisa is my "Genie", so when it comes time for packing I will ask her to bring some light purple shirts and khaki pants.

I just snorted. Thankfully I wasn't drinking anything at the same time. This cruise Lisa is my "Genie", so when it comes time for packing I will ask her to bring some light purple shirts and khaki pants.

Do you have Kohl's in Ontario? The secret is to not tell her, just pack the outfit. ;)

I see many of you are still 6 months or more away from your cruise--so I will give an observation. One thing I have noticed about entertainment/dining that I will pass along is timing.

The dining reservations opened up months in advance. Since Harmony had DD and that was scrapped we were moved into MTD. That was fine, although it will be our first time with this. I prefer late traditional dining so I made reservations for every night at 8pm. I thought if I made a resrvation at the time of the traditional dining I would have an easy time with entertainment. WRONG! However, a lot of the shows conflicted with this. [Popular dining times filed up quickly--so, if you plan to make a reservation do it when they open.]

Most things are at 7:30, 8, 9:30 or 10pm and the cruise planner blocks off 2 hrs for dinner. I was able to make the 10pm reservation a couple of times [even though it showed a conflict]. I will have to see onboard if this works.

Those of you that are making dinner reservations, be prepared to go back and make changes to your dining reservations to make room for the entertainment later. . . . There will be less changes for the early seating.

I ended up having most of my entertainment beginning at 10:30 pm or after. . . . And Grease is only showing the first 3 nights. I was not able to schedule it at all. The only time it would work was the first night late. I was afraid with jet lag and a 90 minute show I would not be able to stay awake.

The Puzzle room reservations did not appear until 1 month before we sail [much later than the rest]. There were many slots, but, some of those were full in the first couple of days. There is a max of 12 per 90 minute session and you must be 12 to sign up. Keep checking your planner.

I hope this helps a little.

PS--We are D+, so not new cruisers, but have not sailed one of the big girls where there are so many reservations. I will let you know how it works out for us. :D

YMMV

I am sailing on 12/17, and I agree with what you are saying. Our group is all D or D+, so like you, this is not our first time sailing. I have been on both Oasis and Allure, and had no problems making entertainment reservations that worked around our dining times. On Oasis (about 5 years ago), we had Late Dining. On Allure (about 3 years ago), we had MTD. We were easily able to eat at either Late Dining or MTD (around 8:00 every night), and go to an early show each night.

When I went to make my Harmony entertainment reservations, I was perplexed. While there used to be an early show (for the late diners) and late-ish show (for the early diners)...Harmony was not like this at all. It seems like the shows start between 8:00-9:00, so I am either forced to eat dinner super early, or can't eat until around 10:00 at night. It's really frustrating, and I don't understand why this change has been made.

I'm also planning on a live report for the November 12th sailing, but mine will primarily be photos with a few musings and observations and I will leave the periscoping in Andrew's capable hands! :)

I am coordinating the cabin crawl on our sailing, so hope to be able to post photos of all of the cabin categories we are touring!

I won't plan on posting the compasses daily if you've got it covered, Andrew!

I'm also planning on a live report for the November 12th sailing, but mine will primarily be photos with a few musings and observations and I will leave the periscoping in Andrew's capable hands! :)

I am coordinating the cabin crawl on our sailing, so hope to be able to post photos of all of the cabin categories we are touring!

I won't plan on posting the compasses daily if you've got it covered, Andrew!

Hey state neighbor! We will be back from the FOS in the first week of November, so will very much enjoy reading your Harmony experiences, as my family will be on her in October, 2017!!!:cool: Really looking forward to those reviews!!;) Andrew, I also love to read your reviews but have not gotten periscope, so maybe, at some point, you could post your review here on CC as well!! Pleeeeeeeeeeze!!:o

Hey state neighbor! We will be back from the FOS in the first week of November, so will very much enjoy reading your Harmony experiences, as my family will be on her in October, 2017!!!:cool: Really looking forward to those reviews!!;) Andrew, I also love to read your reviews but have not gotten periscope, so maybe, at some point, you could post your review here on CC as well!! Pleeeeeeeeeeze!!:o

Happy to oblige, state neighbor! :) We are really looking forward to Harmony, but we also have Freedom booked for next February! Any chance I can talk you into a Freedom review that I can catch up on when I return??:D

Happy to oblige, state neighbor! :) We are really looking forward to Harmony, but we also have Freedom booked for next February! Any chance I can talk you into a Freedom review that I can catch up on when I return??:D

I've only posted one review in the past but will give it another shot!:o However, it will probably only be a written review, as I've never learned how to post pictures (don't usually take a lot of pics anyway).;)

I am sailing on 12/17, and I agree with what you are saying. Our group is all D or D+, so like you, this is not our first time sailing. I have been on both Oasis and Allure, and had no problems making entertainment reservations that worked around our dining times. On Oasis (about 5 years ago), we had Late Dining. On Allure (about 3 years ago), we had MTD. We were easily able to eat at either Late Dining or MTD (around 8:00 every night), and go to an early show each night.

When I went to make my Harmony entertainment reservations, I was perplexed. While there used to be an early show (for the late diners) and late-ish show (for the early diners)...Harmony was not like this at all. It seems like the shows start between 8:00-9:00, so I am either forced to eat dinner super early, or can't eat until around 10:00 at night. It's really frustrating, and I don't understand why this change has been made.

. . . or you are like me and forced into a VERY late time for entertainment. I have reserved 10:45 to 11:35 and 11:00-11:50 for 2 of my times. I am often up at this time, but do not really want to be seated in a nice dark room. [may not see the end of the show LOL] :eek:

I do not understand the timing either.