Hurricane Matthew

Andy

Hi Everyone,

To my dear Celebrity friends and your loved ones in the potential path of Hurricane Matthew... we can only hope the Hurricane will find a way to bypass us. If not... with as minimal harm as possible. As I've learned over the last several months, we can always repair our homes. However, our safety and well-being means everything.

Wishing everyone the best possible outcome during the next few days. Please stay safe, and listen to the advice of federal, state and local authorities.

Assuming power is lost (it usually is !) I will post again, when power is restored. Take care everyone. You are all in our thoughts & prayers.

Edited by Andy

Andy, It isn't looking real good for either of us right now. How close to the beach are you? We are 7 miles in.

Hi Mike,

I'm about as close to the Ocean as you can get. It's wonderful 99% of the time. Today ? Not so much !

I'm hearing my home area will be evacuated. I'm staying at my Mom's place, about 10 miles inland. We're about as prepared as can be, but I'm not sure if even that's good enough.

Let's hope for a turn to the East. All my best to you.

Hi Mike,

I'm about as close to the Ocean as you can get. It's wonderful 99% of the time. Today ? Not so much !

I'm hearing my home area will be evacuated. I'm staying at my Mom's place, about 10 miles inland. We're about as prepared as can be, but I'm not sure if even that's good enough.

Let's hope for a turn to the East. All my best to you.

I kind of thought that you were close to the water. I am glad that you are going inland. Definitely the smart move. Hopefully, we miss the worst of Matthew. Stay safe and good luck.

Take care Andy. I've been following the reports quite closely. My insurance company has already made contact telling us who to call. Received a call from FPL earlier today. My Rotary Club has established a call network so we can keep members informed and offer help if needed. My biggest concern is possible damage from my neighbor's house. She has many loose roof tiles and has refused to have them replaced. Have submitted pictures to. our HOA to establish a record if it is needed. I would echo Andy's sentiment that things can be replaced. Be safe!

Take care Andy. I've been following the reports quite closely. My insurance company has already made contact telling us who to call. Received a call from FPL earlier today. My Rotary Club has established a call network so we can keep members informed and offer help if needed. My biggest concern is possible damage from my neighbor's house. She has many loose roof tiles and has refused to have them replaced. Have submitted pictures to. our HOA to establish a record if it is needed. I would echo Andy's sentiment that things can be replaced. Be safe!

You take care too. I am amazed at how many people still haven't started to put up their potted plants or hurricane shutters in our neighborhood. I think we have a lot of new people that don't know how to do them, so others are trying to show them. I am so glad we got the accordion shutters many years ago. Makes it so much easier.

Thanks very much Orator. Hope all is well with you and your DW, and we'll see you again, on a future cruise.

Andy, please take care and be safe.

Thank You CruisingChick. We're all praying for a turn to the East - which should help minimize the damage, and hopefully keep many out of harms way. Unfortunately, the weather services do not seem very optimistic on that outcome... but I think they are (rightfully) opting to be overly cautious.

Andy, you and your dear mom stay safe. Here's hoping that you don't have any more flood damage, this year!

Thank You wwcruisers. Would you believe the contractors called me on Monday, and told me my home should be ready for occupancy in 2 weeks ! Can't imagine there may be new damage, and set the whole thing back <sigh> At any rate, I'm only concerned about our safety, and things like being without power for an extended time. During Hurricane Wilma, we did not have power for 2 weeks. I'm hoping technology will be much improved, this time around.

Mom is 91, and I worry terribly about her. Things like damage ? We can deal with after the storm passes.

Andy

Glad you will be with your mom. Stay safe.

Sal's mom will go to his sister's home in Pembroke Pines.. don't want her to be alone with possible power loss, candles etc.

Thank You Hcat. Wishing your Florida family all the very best.

You take care too. I am amazed at how many people still haven't started to put up their potted plants or hurricane shutters in our neighborhood. I think we have a lot of new people that don't know how to do them, so others are trying to show them. I am so glad we got the accordion shutters many years ago. Makes it so much easier.

when i lived in FL that is what I had. but in 04 i had none and got them by Wilma. but i always moved plants and outdoor furniture. Mike, hope you and Carol are ok. Also that this does not ruin your plans for your Oct cruise.

when i lived in FL that is what I had. but in 04 i had none and got them by Wilma. but i always moved plants and outdoor furniture. Mike, hope you and Carol are ok. Also that this does not ruin your plans for your Oct cruise.

Thanks Robin. We are just hoping that we don't have damage that requires us to cancel the cruise. Tomorrow night and Friday morning will not be fun; but hopefully the storm stays far enough east to keep the winds as low as possible.