Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

Here is the beer menu in Boot and Bonnet. I wouldn't be surprised if it changed when we hit US ports. DFH 90 and Victory Storm King are usually staples.

Damn nothing that exciting. I wish Royal would partner with 12% Imports or Shelton Brothers to bring some real craft beer onto the ships for the pub.

Can someone explain to me how the complimentary dining works? I see that Early and Late seating are in American Icon, but there is also Silk, Grande, and Solarium that need reservations. Do they all have the same menu or do they have different menus like on the Anthem? I thought they did away with the Dynamic Dining?

Your kidding I assume. Good One!

[ATTACH]397657[/ATTACH]

I have this remote. It has worked on Anthem, Allure and Harmony. All 3 were different Samsung models. I use a Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect to my iPad and have had no difficulty. I plug the HDMI cable into 1 or 2, plug the cable into the Lightning Adapter , and use my remote to select source.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for this info and pic. Much appreciated!:D

Do you have a link to where they show tat Solarium Bistro on Oasis is only for Suites and Pinnacle club members. I cannot find any reference to that and all I see is coastal kitchen stating it is for suites and Pinnacles.

If Solarium on Oasis is for higher status, then could it be that it has changed? We are gold and sailed on oasis in may and made 2 reservations in solarium.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Damn nothing that exciting. I wish Royal would partner with 12% Imports or Shelton Brothers to bring some real craft beer onto the ships for the pub.

It gets worse. In the Solarium today I asked for a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and they were out. I was asked if I wanted a Strongbow instead.

Do I want a cider instead of a pale ale? Ummm...NO!

It gets worse. In the Solarium today I asked for a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and they were out. I was asked if I wanted a Strongbow instead.

Do I want a cider instead of a pale ale? Ummm...NO!

Well they both start with "S" so's they gots to be the same.

Thanks for that menu. Not much hope there. I hope the DFH sticks around, and that stout sounds good.

You are correct, fastest growing but the smallest volume. It's a shame that the leading products in the top 20 list are so similar and really don't represent what a good beer could be. I classify them as a beer like beverage. There are so many styles to explore, and great food pairings as well.

To give context to the brewing revolution, consider these numbers:

In 2015 there were 4269 breweries in the US. 44 of them were classified as large or large non-craft. That left 4225 craft, micro and brewpubs. In other words, 1% of the breweries in the US produced 80% of the product consumed, and the other 99% of breweries produced the remaining 20%.

(Source: https://www.brewersassociation.org/)

Big brewing will never give up their leading position or any part of their Billions (with a capital B) in profit. Please support your local craft brewer.

Why are jobs provided at big beer companies worth less than craft brewers? Yes big brewers make profits for their shareholders, like any other company. They also provide many good jobs in many communities. I don't begrudge craft brewers making their mark in the world and earning profits for their shareholders (and they do have them). All of these brewers were small at some point - and yet you begrudge their success?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has this thread gone live yet? Is anyone posting to it? I saw the discussion from early October, but isn't the ship enroute to the US now?

We're scheduled to take the first "passenger" cruise on the ship out of Ft. Lauderdale on the 12th of Nov. There is a cruise before that for travel agents as I know 2 who are going on that cruise.

Would love to hear more impressions of this ship and recommendations to get the most out of our cruise.

Thanks.

Brian (new here...my first post)!

I am on the first Harmony out of PEV this Saturday the 5th, returning the 8th. Then the travel agents and special guest get on for a few days.

Has anyone posted pictures of a Junior Suite? I can't seem to find them.

I'm also wondering, from you parents out there, what you think about Columbus and/or Grease for kids. I don't know much of anything about the Columbus production. As for Grease, I know that if the Royal version is true to the original Broadway production, it's not appropriate. Was there an age limit suggested in the cruise compass?

Thanks for letting me follow along on your voyage!

Has anyone posted pictures of a Junior Suite? I can't seem to find them.

I'm also wondering, from you parents out there, what you think about Columbus and/or Grease for kids. I don't know much of anything about the Columbus production. As for Grease, I know that if the Royal version is true to the original Broadway production, it's not appropriate. Was there an age limit suggested in the cruise compass?

Thanks for letting me follow along on your voyage!

I am very interested in the age recommendation too. I have a very innocent almost 10 year old ... I was planning on taking her to Grease as I think a lot of the inappropriate stuff will go over her head. However, I could be wrong. I should probably refresh myself by watching the movie again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W

I am very interested in the age recommendation too. I have a very innocent almost 10 year old ... I was planning on taking her to Grease as I think a lot of the inappropriate stuff will go over her head. However, I could be wrong. I should probably refresh myself by watching the movie again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would love to know too however I feel like if it wasn't family friendly RC would have put an age restriction. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why are jobs provided at big beer companies worth less than craft brewers? Yes big brewers make profits for their shareholders, like any other company. They also provide many good jobs in many communities. I don't begrudge craft brewers making their mark in the world and earning profits for their shareholders (and they do have them). All of these brewers were small at some point - and yet you begrudge their success?

I'm not talking jobs, nor profit. I'm talking about the product being a generic example of what is produced, and the option of getting a hand crafted product made in your town by local residents.

Which would you choose- a loaf of white bread at the Kwikimart made by a large commercial bakery in the next state, or a fresh loaf from the specialty bakery on the corner in your neighbourhood where you get to choose the type of bread (they even give you a slice to try if you're not sure). It costs a little more but it sure tastes great!

Thanks everyone for posting. I am getting very nervous though about reservations. We booked late for an upcoming Harmony cruise and have MTD but only slots open online now are LATE! We normally like to go early (in the normal 30 before MTD early seating) so hopefully we can do that once onboard. I'm also thinking of sending the DL concierge an email a few days before our cruise.

This will be our first Oasis class cruise and so far this whole having to plan in advance and lack of anything available before 9pm is sort of stressing me out.

Thanks everyone for posting. I am getting very nervous though about reservations. We booked late for an upcoming Harmony cruise and have MTD but only slots open online now are LATE! We normally like to go early (in the normal 30 before MTD early seating) so hopefully we can do that once onboard. I'm also thinking of sending the DL concierge an email a few days before our cruise.

This will be our first Oasis class cruise and so far this whole having to plan in advance and lack of anything available before 9pm is sort of stressing me out.

We have MTD and made reservations every night for 6:30. However, we went to dinner every night when we were ready and it was never a problem. Don't worry about it. Just go to the dining room when you want to eat. You may have to wait a few minutes, but not for long.