Oceania Food Is So Incredibly Good !!

curtdesilets

We have only sailed Oceania twice, but particularly last July on Regatta, we were simply BLOWN AWAY by the food quality. Actually, everything about that cruise was spectacular.

When we cruise, I am a bit of a bargain hunter. Our budget would not currently sustain traveling in a PH for the 2 cruises a year we take, nor would we be comfortable paying such a hefty surcharge. The Regular OV, or for our upcoming Sirena Cruise, "Deluxe" OV is fine for us.

That being said, the value for your dollar is outstanding. For Alaska, during high season, we booked a D level OV and paid about the equivalent as a "Deluxe" Veranda on a mega ship, but got so much nicer of a cruise. The food and service on Oceania are simply no comparison to say Princess, Holland or Celebrity.

We are now hooked on Oceania. Or should I say, spoiled!

Edited by curtdesilets
Grammar

We have only sailed Oceania twice, but particularly last July on Regatta, we were simply BLOWN AWAY by the food quality. Actually, everything about that cruise was spectacular.

When we cruise, I am a bit of a bargain hunter. Our budget would not currently sustain traveling in a PH for the 2 cruises a year we take, nor would we be comfortable paying such a hefty surcharge. The Regular OV, or for our upcoming Sirena Cruise, "Deluxe" OV is fine for us.

That being said, the value for your dollar is outstanding. For Alaska, during high season, we booked a D level OV and paid about the equivalent as a "Deluxe" Veranda on a mega ship, but got so much nicer of a cruise. The food and service on Oceania are simply no comparison to say Princess, Holland or Celebrity.

We are now hooked on Oceania. Or should I say, spoiled!

You are not alone :)

We were sold on Oceania on day 1 because of the food. Fine quality ingredients, delicious seasonings and great presentation. Not to mention the astounding variety of cuisine choices.

You dont have to be a food critic, a trained chef to not recognize that this is the sort of quality a few top class land restaurants have...and to find it consistent on a ship year after year, tropics to the med to china.. their provision masters have the right vendors, they store it right and their kitchen diligently works to not screw it up.. The result are striking.

Now Conside this on my last cruise 17 day from Malta to Miami, I sat and listened to2 ladies feeding on the others negatives..

They had to send things back, the quality was terrible.. the chefs has no idea what they wer doing, They agreed the worst food even royal caribe and princess were better.... Oh, anything is better than this, your so right.

With that began round 2....this is the worst ship they dont have anything for me to do..afull entertainment, horrible bars, no gala parties...Shameful, disgusting...I saw a waiter without a white glove. Disgusting the terrible people they hire.. Oh yes, and that stupid captain dosent know what he is doing... Fire them all. yes fire them all.

I saw some rust in a corner one said..( round 3).they need to scrap it...yes or sink it.the other said.. awful. how is it possible to be so incompetent the other added . Deplorable, I am demanding American Express refund me my entire cruise fare... Yes you should, the other whined ,no one should treat us that way. why were victims just like in Syria. Awful...

They seemed to get great enjoyment however from trying to out do the other with their obvious Superior taste,worldly experience, breeding and exceptional sensitivity ...and what a waste the world has not recognized that and them .

Each and every negative was just their way of enjoying themselves, and devoid of any reality or actual knowledge of what thy were..except in their own mind.

It was actually funny if you had even only been on the ship 24 hours and this was your first on O. could clearly see was only in their own mind... which to reiterate in their words, was indeed far superiour in every respect.

You dont have to be a food critic, a trained chef to not recognize that this is the sort of quality a few top class land restaurants have...and to find it consistent on a ship year after year, tropics to the med to china.. their provision masters have the right vendors, they store it right and their kitchen diligently works to not screw it up.. The result are striking.

Now Conside this on my last cruise 17 day from Malta to Miami, I sat and listened to2 ladies feeding on the others negatives..

They had to send things back, the quality was terrible.. the chefs has no idea what they wer doing, They agreed the worst food even royal caribe and princess were better.... Oh, anything is better than this, your so right.

With that began round 2....this is the worst ship they dont have anything for me to do..afull entertainment, horrible bars, no gala parties...Shameful, disgusting...I saw a waiter without a white glove. Disgusting the terrible people they hire.. Oh yes, and that stupid captain dosent know what he is doing... Fire them all. yes fire them all.

I saw some rust in a corner one said..( round 3).they need to scrap it...yes or sink it.the other said.. awful. how is it possible to be so incompetent the other added . Deplorable, I am demanding American Express refund me my entire cruise fare... Yes you should, the other whined ,no one should treat us that way. why were victims just like in Syria. Awful...

They seemed to get great enjoyment however from trying to out do the other with their obvious Superior taste,worldly experience, breeding and exceptional sensitivity ...and what a waste the world has not recognized that and them .

Each and every negative was just their way of enjoying themselves, and devoid of any reality or actual knowledge of what thy were..except in their own mind.

It was actually funny if you had even only been on the ship 24 hours and this was your first on O. could clearly see was only in their own mind... which to reiterate in their words, was indeed far superiour in every respect.

Whatever.

We are looking forward to our first O cruise in January. My guess is we won't be ease dropping on other passengers' conversations and I don't know what conside means.

Katie

Edited by Oville

I cannot imagine the level of energy it takes to bring about such bile and anger over a grilled cheese sandwich. I do wonder how these people make it out of their house and into the real world for more than a few hours without expiring from the terrible realities of life in general. We're just about to book 10 days on Marina next October, and I am beyond excited at the prospect of not having to cook for 10 days let alone have some amazing treats whilst not cooking! I think Marital Unit and I will stick to 2 tops to keep ourselves away from moaning minnies. Thank you for all the lovely comments about food that are ramping up my excitement level!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A fellow passenger on our first cruise on Riviera was demonstrably upset because she could not order a grilled american cheese sandwich from room service. She said she would never sail Oceania again because of that.:eek:

GOOD - that makes more room for me.

A fellow passenger on our first cruise on Riviera was demonstrably upset because she could not order a grilled american cheese sandwich from room service. She said she would never sail Oceania again because of that.:eek:

If u have a butler -/ a great butler -- a grilled cheese sandwich is possible. I have gotten on Oceania

They do want u to stick to the room service menu but .....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever.

We are looking forward to our first O cruise in January. My guess is we won't be ease dropping on other passengers' conversations and I don't know what conside means.

Katie

I speak Dan, I'll interpret for you. Consider

I've met those people, as well as some regulars that swear the quality is going down since NCL took over. I don't see it, but I'm not going into my cruise looking for it either.

I speak Dan, I'll interpret for you. Consider

I've met those people, as well as some regulars that swear the quality is going down since NCL took over. I don't see it, but I'm not going into my cruise looking for it either.

Thanks

I've met some whiners, too--usually not on O, though!

One I did meet on O was a doozy. She complained that the ship was much too small. The entertainment was not good. There was no art auction, and no "fun" games. And WHEN would formal night be?

I replied that she obviously had forgotten to do research on the cruise line and suggested one I thought she would like a bit more........😉

The Funny Thing Is...

"American Cheese" is not cheese at all. Ever look at the packaging for Velvetta? :eek:

Reminds me of a time when we we were younger when a bunch of my HS classmates got together for a mini reunion @ a fancy restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf in SF.

One buddy of mine, who apparently did not like seafood, ordered a Grilled Cheese Sandwich and a glass of milk. Dead pan serious, he was not trying to be funny, that's just what he wanted. Even the waitress giggled.

It was the butt of many jokes for several years. :D

Really? - what do you base that statement on?

I suspect the luxury lines eg Crystal, Seabourn, Regent might contest that

In trade publications that came out, I read it in several sources.. Regent and O are the same owner ship.... same provisions... Having sailed both Regent and O I actualy found the food quality as high or higher on Oceania .

Thats based of sailing over 60 days on board each line.

In trade publications that came out, I read it in several sources.. Regent and O are the same owner ship.... same provisions... Having sailed both Regent and O I actualy found the food quality as high or higher on Oceania

I suspect the trade publications are simply regurgitating Oceania press releases making these claims. Next you'll be quoting reader awards in publications like Conde Naste which also lack credibility given the voting process and selection criteria

Some independent evaluation would carry some weight - maybe the Berlioz cruising guide?

In so far as using the same provisions - really? It's what the chefs do with the ingredients isn't it? The quality of ingredients if indeed that is the case is only one aspect

I'll leave it at that as we're never going to agree on this one

In my experience I found the food on Oceania to be better than Regent, Silver Seas and Crystal. IMHO.

While I realize that this is a subjective assessment, having sailed on Regent, Silversea & Seabourn, I have to agree that IMO the food on Oceania is better than any of those other lines and FAR superior to lines like Cunard and the rest. Crystal cruise is pending.

Edited by Paulchili