Upgrade offer, first Oceania cruise

onebzyldy

on my 1st (so far) cruise, I received about 4 upgrade/alternate sailing offers. Many were extremely tempting, however, we were travelling with others, so we could'nt really change the date. Looking forward to going on O again. veterans of X and Royal and both very nice, but Oceania is far better. You pay more, but get more value, and a better experience.

on my 1st (so far) cruise, I received about 4 upgrade/alternate sailing offers. Many were extremely tempting, however, we were travelling with others, so we could'nt really change the date. Looking forward to going on O again. veterans of X and Royal and both very nice, but Oceania is far better. You pay more, but get more value, and a better experience.

Just from the standpoint of sharing the cruise with only 600 to 1100 vs 3000 to 5000 happy souls is value beyond mere $$$

I'm on Maggie's cruise 11/2 and have been inundated with these upsell offers from both Oceania and from my TA. Was offered the $100 pp for the concierge upgrade but we have decided to stay with our cabin. I do like a hot breakfast, but for $200 total - not worth it for us. But I can see it might for some and it probably depends on the cruise itinerary as well. Since we are so port intensive, I don't see much time to spend in the spa. :(

I'm on Maggie's cruise 11/2 and have been inundated with these upsell offers from both Oceania and from my TA. Was offered the $100 pp for the concierge upgrade but we have decided to stay with our cabin. I do like a hot breakfast, but for $200 total - not worth it for us. But I can see it might for some and it probably depends on the cruise itinerary as well. Since we are so port intensive, I don't see much time to spend in the spa. :(

Seems to indicate to me that, at least on this cruise, Concierge is "under" sold and not many people are interested in those benefits - even at a discounted rate of "only" $100 more.

Many people tend to like the Concierge Lounge, I wouldn't pay extra for it, but will use it occasionally if I'm in a room that has access. The Spa deck I've used maybe once, that was on an evening sailaway in Venice. My wife and I were the only people out there.

On O ships, we think it is, on R ships probably not.

I think the above is the key. Don't be fooled by the word 'concierge' - check out what Oceania really means by that. It may be that position of the cabin (bow, midship, etc) may be more important to you.

We had booked a guarantee balcony cabin for a 1 week voyage from Rome to Venice on Riviera. Our agent offered us upsell cabins at all levels, including the Owners Suite for $2500 more per person! We took the deal, and are very excited about the cruise. Never sailed in such an opulent cabin before, it will be a great experience for us.

:confused: Are you saying that you paid $2500 MORE per person ($5000 total) to upgrade from a standard balcony cabin to an Owners Suite for one week? :eek: Not sure what you original paid, but it must be a really nice Owners Suite.

:confused: Are you saying that you paid $2500 MORE per person ($5000 total) to upgrade from a standard balcony cabin to an Owners Suite for one week? :eek: Not sure what you original paid, but it must be a really nice Owners Suite.

That was how I interpreted the posting as well. :eek:

It is 2000 sq ft how bad can that be :D

And it has a PIANO! I think it is a player piano, but that may not mean that you cannot play it yourself.

Assuming you know how to play, of course! :D

Depending on how the $$ worked out, I'd take that upsell as well. I'd LOVE to see the OS on Marina or Riviera. We know the Vistas and Oceania suites which are spectacular enough ...

Mura

I would take it for the experience

:D

It is 2000 sq ft how bad can that be :D

Must be like the Penthouse Suites on Celebrity. We have visited in one a couple of times. While nice, and also has a piano, I'd save the money and go on another cruise. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Must be like the Penthouse Suites on Celebrity. We have visited in one a couple of times. While nice, and also has a piano, I'd save the money and go on another cruise. ;)

Everyone has different things they put value on

I would not take the deal but we are quite happy in an A, B or C cabin

different strokes etc... ;)

We are currently on Riviera in 7127 with the larger balcony and met a couple in the corridor earlier in the week who wanted to know if there was a lot of noise from the service doors on our side of the ship ( there isn't) as they were thinking of booking one for their next cruise.

I offered to let them see our cabin and they said no need we had one on the other side last cruise and know what they are like they were just worried about the noise. This cruise they are in a Penthouse and don't like it as much as the B 3 with the larger balcony.

Obviously just their opinion but they said the extra space in the room didn't make up for the loss of the larger balcony, which we are currently putting to good use in hot and sunny Monaco 😎

We had the larger balcony on our first Oceania cruise. We had to ask for sunloungers and then we only got one. Make sure you ask your steward/ess for loungers. I think we were too late in realising that this was an option. The larger balcony was very nice and we would book it again.

Second cruise with O was in PH. We were offered a very good deal. The Butler was a lovely luxury. Not sure we will be able to afford it again!!!

Everyone has different things they put value on

I would not take the deal but we are quite happy in an A, B or C cabin

different strokes etc... ;)

That's right! ;) So that you can see why I am surprised with the OP's upgrade, I am comparing my recent experience, below.

On our Celebrity cruise earlier this month, we took an upsell from our standard size balcony to the lowest Suite (SS about the size of Oceania's PH) for $800 total. :D That was a deal! Especially on a 14 night cruise! Included were some special perks, as well. We had the alcoholic package, tons of OBC, internet and gratuities paid...even for the Butler. A Suites only club to gather with others for drinks, 2 free specialty restaurants, and 2 other designated venues just for Suites where we alternated dining. Never had to go to the main dining room. ;) Well worth the extra cost. :)

We will also be in a B3 7116 on our upcoming Mariner cruise. We previously had 7111 and had a great deal of noise from the service doors. Hoping to be further away from it with this cruise. Though we did love that veranda being open on 2 sides. :( Going to miss that.

Edited by Iamthesea

I can only take one vacation a year, and wow this did make the price $2500 per person more, and that is a lot of money, but it is really going to be a special experience for us, so that is why we took the upgrade.

It is a 2000 square-foot state room with a grand piano. The balcony runs the entire length of the ship, and has a hot tub. There is a dining room in the middle of the cabin where a butler will serve you meals from any of the restaurants. I look forward to using it for breakfast. It also comes with a fully stocked bar.

I take a cruise vacation every year if I can, but I've never gone on a luxury line like Oceania, due to the cost. This cruise was on sale for only $2300 per person, including round-trip nonstop air from LA to Italy. You could pay that much for just the airfare. It was a great deal.

When we were offered the upgrade, we thought about it, because as I said, it is a lot of money. But it's also going to be a very different experience, once-in-a-lifetime probably for me. And a 2000 square-foot suite on a ship like this normally sells for double what we paid. Perhaps even more.

So we decided to take it. You only live once. I hope that we have the pleasure of meeting some of you on this trip, and perhaps sharing a nice dinner with you in this fancy room on one of the nights. It would make the experience even better if we shared it with a new friend.

That's right! ;) So that you can see why I am surprised with the OP's upgrade, I am comparing my recent experience, below.

On our Celebrity cruise earlier this month, we took an upsell from our standard size balcony to the lowest Suite (SS about the size of Oceania's PH) for $800 total. :D That was a deal! Especially on a 14 night cruise! Included were some special perks, as well. We had the alcoholic package, tons of OBC, internet and gratuities paid...even for the Butler. A Suites only club to gather with others for drinks, 2 free specialty restaurants, and 2 other designated venues just for Suites where we alternated dining. Never had to go to the main dining room. ;) Well worth the extra cost. :)

We will also be in a B3 7116 on our upcoming Mariner cruise. We previously had 7111 and had a great deal of noise from the service doors. Hoping to be further away from it with this cruise. Though we did love that veranda being open on 2 sides. :( Going to miss that.

Not everyone want to sail on Celebrity in a class system suite for any price ;)

To each his own

Are you on the MARINA or some other line ?

I can only take one vacation a year, and wow this did make the price $2500 per person more, and that is a lot of money, but it is really going to be a special experience for us, so that is why we took the upgrade.

Enjoy the cruise

So we decided to take it. You only live once. I hope that we have the pleasure of meeting some of you on this trip, and perhaps sharing a nice dinner with you in this fancy room on one of the nights. It would make the experience even better if we shared it with a new friend.

Sounds like you made the right decision for YOU! Enjoy the fabulous suite. Wish we were on this cruise to become a new friend :D

Good for you!

I am sure that you will enjoy both the cruise and your OS.

Bon voyage.

Hi Shuddle, we are Heather and Bud from LaQuinta Ca. We spend a lot of time on Beach Road in Dana Point in the summer. We are traveling with 2 other couples on the same cruise. One of them is in cabin 8144. Maybe they are right next door to you. We are in 7114 with extended balcony. Both other couples are new to cruising. You will see us in the Martini bar. We might be the ones having a wee bit too much fun. I was in a PH on my last Oceania cruise, but your OS will be a big step up. Enjoy the Suite Life ! Are you on BA flt. # 282 on Monday ? LAX to LHR, then on to Rome. Maybe we will see you at the airport. Cheers, Heather

I'm going to chime in here because I'm interested in this thread and how vastly different up sell offers can be... two weeks ago we were offered the penthouse pH 2 for 600, pH 1 for 750, Oceania for 1500, vista Suite for 2000, owner Suite for 2500... and I now think that prices have come down drastically… Maybe we would have gotten a better deal if we would have waited? What were other people's offers?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm going to chime in here because I'm interested in this thread and how vastly different up sell offers can be... two weeks ago we were offered the penthouse pH 2 for 600, pH 1 for 750, Oceania for 1500, vista Suite for 2000, owner Suite for 2500... and I now think that prices have come down drastically… Maybe we would have gotten a better deal if we would have waited? What were other people's offers?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd say the offers would depend on what room you start with.

What is making you think the prices have come down drastically?

My take is there is no way I would pay $500 more per person for the difference between an Oceania Suite and the Vista.

There's always many factors to bear in mind when considering these upsells. Length of cruise, number of ports, what you paid to start with, your personal outlook on value of larger rooms and resulting perks, and of course your vacation budget.