Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale

Looking to book a few cruises for myself and family members.. ~ Last year Royal offered a promo with a generous OBC. I was wondering if any members or TA had any insight if this maybe offered this year?

Thank you very much :)

Generous OBC is right. I booked 2 balcony rooms on our Anthem Cruise next march during last years Cyber Monday sale and got $400 OBC per room. Also had half deposits but had to pay full deposit later when we transfered to a group booking with TA. No biggie but kept our $400 OBC and got an additional $100 for the Groupe booking. Free Voom was also being offered but only for cruises into 2016, and our 2017 cruise was not eligible.

I'm also curious to see what will be offered this year.

dp

Me too... we booked through TA and scored $500 per cabin OBC and TA threw in a steakhouse dinner! Needless to say we will be doing some cyber Monday/Black Friday deals again this year (hoping the offer some good deals!)

Cyber Monday was better OBC than Black Friday. We got $250 OBC for our 3 night OV room on the MJ that we will be taking in 2 weeks.

I think it may be a little early for anyone to have any info on it yet.

Edited by molly361

That is why I don't get too excited with these sales. The OBCs offered is no comparison to the BC discount.

Last year the OBC was $400 for a balcony on Cyber Monday, that beats all C and A balcony discounts.

Edited by molly361

I'm in a situation...

I'm looking to book at Harmony Balcony for January 21 and the prices have come down from $1,449 to $1,062... The price for me is okay but the best I've been able to get OBC wise is $200 OBC and a bottle of Champagne thru my AMEX Platinum.

Last year I did the 4 Night Independence Cruise in January and booked on Cyber Monday got $400 worth of OBC plus prepaid gratuities (thru cruise dot com) which was awesome!!... I feel that if I wait with Harmony the price is going to go up... for a new boat $1,062 for a 7 nighter is a pretty decent rate... But with only a $200 OBC or free gratuities thru (cruise dot com) it's basically a wash for the OBC. Dropping $900 on a Alc package seems a bit steep given the 3 stops... A generous OBC makes it much more reasonable IMO...

Anyone more experienced with pricing have thoughts?

Edited by theboss7593

I'm in a situation...

I'm looking to book at Harmony Balcony for January 21 and the prices have come down from $1,449 to $1,062... The price for me is okay but the best I've been able to get OBC wise is $200 OBC and a bottle of Champagne thru my AMEX Platinum.

Last year I did the 4 Night Independence Cruise in January and booked on Cyber Monday got $400 worth of OBC plus prepaid gratuities (thru cruise dot com) which was awesome!!... I feel that if I wait with Harmony the price is going to go up... for a new boat $1,062 for a 7 nighter is a pretty decent rate... But with only a $200 OBC or free gratuities thru (cruise dot com) it's basically a wash for the OBC. Dropping $900 on a Alc package seems a bit steep given the 3 stops... A generous OBC makes it much more reasonable IMO...

Anyone more experienced with pricing have thoughts?

I'm in the same boat. Trying to book 8 night on Freedom for Jan 2017 and the price now is $653 for inside and don't know if I should wait or book now.

I'm in the same boat. Trying to book 8 night on Freedom for Jan 2017 and the price now is $653 for inside and don't know if I should wait or book now.

The other thing I'm considering and you should consider (IF) using any of the packages and the current discounts they are offering... Between the Alc Package and the current internet package deal that ends at midnight it saves us almost $300 off the MSRP. I know generally there still are discounts but you have to think will they do another deal like that between now and JAN 2017...

The $100-$200 saved now may be worth it even if the cruise does drop slightly in price... I can't see Harmony going lower that $1,062 for a Balc but then again I've been on one cruise and have no idea lol....

Interestingly they were making final payments due today which leads me to believe something is changing come tomorrow...