Are bathrooms smaller on Ruby Princess?

WINEMANVISALIA

Could they get any smaller???? Yikes! I guess they could put the toilet IN the shower.....
the The first cruise I was able to convince my wife to take was on one of the Sitmar Lines ships. The toilet and shower were almost combined in that there was no boundary for the shower and the water/drain were just about where you would put your feet if sitting on the toilet. No way to use one without taking away use of the other :-)

Friends came back from ruby princess to mexico and they swear the bathrooms are smaller than on diamond or sapphire princess???

Does anyone know if they have downsized bathrooms?

I would say no. I think all bathrooms on Grand Class ships are pretty much the same, not oversized, but adequate.

When I was on the Coral Princess, I tripped and fell in the bathroom. I hit the sink, the shower, and the toilet all at once. I was covered in huge bruises for weeks. How could the bathrooms possibly get any smaller?

This is one thing we like about Holland America - decent size bathrooms!

Edited by Tina G

Friends came back from ruby princess to mexico and they swear the bathrooms are smaller than on diamond or sapphire princess???

Does anyone know if they have downsized bathrooms?

If they think that is small then go on the regal/royal princess, those are really small.

When I was on the Coral Princess, I tripped and fell in the bathroom. I hit the sink, the shower, and the toilet all at once. I was covered in huge bruises for weeks. How could the bathrooms possibly get any smaller?

But if the bathroom would have been smaller there would have been no room to fall down and you would not have been hurt.

If they think that is small then go on the regal/royal princess, those are really small.

From first hand experience bathrooms in balcony cabins on the Royal and Regal are absolutely larger than on Grand Class ships, not smaller. The shower is larger with a small step to rest your foot, and the sink area has a larger counter top. The open area is also a little larger.

In response to the original question I've only ever sailed on Fricantari built ships. Apart from the Regal all had what appeared to be identical bathroom pods in the regular cabins.

I guess if Sapphire was built in a different ship yard (I believe it was built by Mitsubishi in Japan) then they might have used a different component which could be a different size?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From first hand experience bathrooms in balcony cabins on the Royal and Regal are absolutely larger than on Grand Class ships, not smaller. The shower is larger with a small step to rest your foot, and the sink area has a larger counter top. The open area is also a little larger.

now i understand..they were on the regal before and bathroom was larger!

thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a closely guarded secret that the crew, if asked, will tell you that they know nothing about it.

The bathrooms slowly shrink a little each day so the size on day one of the cruise is much larger then the last day. :D

Bob