Upcoming deals

Lannybird12587

Just wondering, do you ever look at the deals at the top of Cruise Critic page? When you click on that, there are lots of options. I found a travel agency in New Hampshire that is offering Thanksgiving specials. For instance, I checked a few October 2017 cruises on Constellation, and that travel agency offers to include gratuities and classic beverage package for same price as Celebrity page without those perks. Both also include an OBC!

Take a look. However, their deposit is high and is NOT fully refundable. However, if you know what you want, you can't beat them!

Just wondering, do you ever look at the deals at the top of Cruise Critic page? When you click on that, there are lots of options. I found a travel agency in New Hampshire that is offering Thanksgiving specials. For instance, I checked a few October 2017 cruises on Constellation, and that travel agency offers to include gratuities and classic beverage package for same price as Celebrity page without those perks. Both also include an OBC!

Take a look. However, their deposit is high and is NOT fully refundable. However, if you know what you want, you can't beat them!

Before booking with this agency, check their cancellation policy. They are also not very willing to make any changes to existing booking - just FYI.

Before booking with this agency, check their cancellation policy. They are also not very willing to make any changes to existing booking - just FYI.

I believe the cost to cancel with this company is $50pp. We use them a lot, but fortunately have never had to cancel.

100% correct!

Please expound on the matter of them not being very willing to make changes. Thank you (Hi Arzeena!!).

Marie

Please expound on the matter of them not being very willing to make changes. Thank you (Hi Arzeena!!).

Marie

I have used this agency in the past. We had price drop for our cruise well outside of final payment and I wanted to get price adjusted and cabin change.

After leaving few messages, by the time they call me back few days later - deal was gone so is desired cabin. I felt that they do it on purpose, so they don't have to make changes. They got my booking and not too many people will cancel because of a bad service - just would not book again.

At that time they didn't communicate by email- phone calls only. Maybe things got changed, but I would not book with them.

Edited by ISABELLA

I have used this agency in the past. We had price drop for our cruise well outside of final payment and I wanted to get price adjusted and cabin change.

After leaving few messages, by the time they call me back few days later - deal was gone so is desired cabin. I felt that they do it on purpose, so they don't have to make changes. They got my booking and not too many people will cancel because of a bad service - just would not book again.

At that time they didn't communicate by email- phone calls only. Maybe things got changed, but I would not book with them.

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

Marie

100% correct!

I've used this agency exclusively for the last six years and they couldn't be more helpful. Price drop, got it. Change cabins, done. Always return calls and e-mails promptly. Best of all, they save me 12-20% on every cruise I've booked through them except transAtlantics. Yes, the charge a cancellation fee but nothing for making changes.

Use who you want, if it's elsewhere, that keeps Celebrity's profits up so I can still get the deals, if they don't have to raise prices to do it.

i've used this agency exclusively for the last six years and they couldn't be more helpful. Price drop, got it. Change cabins, done. Always return calls and e-mails promptly. Best of all, they save me 12-20% on every cruise i've booked through them except transatlantics. Yes, the charge a cancellation fee but nothing for making changes.

Use who you want, if it's elsewhere, that keeps celebrity's profits up so i can still get the deals, if they don't have to raise prices to do it.

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

i've used this agency exclusively for the last six years and they couldn't be more helpful. Price drop, got it. Change cabins, done. Always return calls and e-mails promptly. Best of all, they save me 12-20% on every cruise i've booked through them except transatlantics. Yes, the charge a cancellation fee but nothing for making changes.

Use who you want, if it's elsewhere, that keeps celebrity's profits up so i can still get the deals, if they don't have to raise prices to do it.

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've used this agency exclusively for the last six years and they couldn't be more helpful. Price drop, got it. Change cabins, done. Always return calls and e-mails promptly. Best of all, they save me 12-20% on every cruise I've booked through them except transAtlantics. Yes, the charge a cancellation fee but nothing for making changes.

Use who you want, if it's elsewhere, that keeps Celebrity's profits up so I can still get the deals, if they don't have to raise prices to do it.

Just like you, I was also expressing an opinion about a few personal experiences with this company. Nothing wrong in doing that, right??!!! ;)

And I have booked with them and still have some cruises booked for the future. It's just that they are a pain in the neck to deal with, in my opinion, concerning any changes one wants to make or price drops etc.

Edited by Arzeena

I thought this thread was to discuss upcoming deals.

Tristate residents deal works out to be the best for a couple of our currently booked cruises. Not combinable with any perk or promo but worth the price, in my opinion.

The big box agency is offering "3 perks for the price of one", ocean view and above, new bookings only, not combinable with on board bookings and the usual non combinable "small print stuff".

Work out whatever is best for you.

Edited by Arzeena

Celebrity's own Black Friday sale will be $25 deposits, one perk and half off the second guest for bookings on 11/28 to 11/30 and applies to sailings between 3/2/17 to 4/30/18.

The current 'Season of Savings' offers run through 12/27.

Various TA's will probably differ. I would check on sales through today and again for new ones over the weekend.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Please expound on the matter of them not being very willing to make changes. Thank you (Hi Arzeena)

Marie

Hi Marie!

They have been a real pain every time during making any kind of change. One person handles the sales, another handles the documentation, yet another handles the changes. They drive me crazy and I would rather book with the cruise line direct, but RJ loves their "perks", sales and offerings. To me the headache is not worth it.

Regards to Steve. Hope to see you both again on a cruise.

Hi Marie!

They have been a real pain every time during making any kind of change. One person handles the sales, another handles the documentation, yet another handles the changes. They drive me crazy and I would rather book with the cruise line direct, but RJ loves their "perks", sales and offerings. To me the headache is not worth it.

Regards to Steve. Hope to see you both again on a cruise.

They do have deals that are hard to beat, but, I understand completely what you are saying. We booked three cruises through them this year, and have one booked for next year. On our TA in April, MANY on our Roll Call were getting upsell offers. We never received one. I am not sure the agency passes these offers along, JMO. If anyone who has posted on this thread has received an upsell offer, I would love to know. Perhaps my theory is wrong. I have mixed feelings about the agency. Like you, I would rather book directly with the cruise line, and at times have.

Would love to cruise with you again!

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Seems to me that Black Friday is just a way to promote sales without identifying what savings are being made! Prices advertised quote "half price second guest", "half price gratuities", "port parking", "OBC" so you really need to know what prices were 2-3 months ago.

Always dubious about sales...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app