Celebrity: Learn to say "No"

russg140

I have to agree with the OP. Our experience on Infinity was impacted by the amount of off menu ordering by guests. How do we know that? Because that's the reason given to us by the Maitre D when we commented on very patchy service. He said his staff were scared to say no to some in high end suites he told us

So the Maitre D used the phrase "off the menu?" In my experience that usually means ordering something specially prepared that is never found on the ships' menu rotation.

So if half the tables in Luminae were nightly asking for their individual concoctions (grilled hummingbird wings simmered in pomegranate sauce and flamed tableside) the Maitre D would have a valid point.

But delivering the Top Chef barbecue chicken on the MDR menu requires no extra effort by the staff.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

I was only quoting the reason given by the Maitre D for why the service was so poor and patchy. If it was another reason the ordering from other than the set menu was then being used as an excuse to cover it up .....

So if half the tables in Luminae were nightly asking for their individual concoctions (grilled hummingbird wings simmered in pomegranate sauce and flamed tableside) the Maitre D would have a valid point.

Oh, I hate pomegranate with hummingbird. Much better with Puffin!

And whilst we are on the subject yes bond with wait staff and get to know them but don't monopolise them when others are waiting to be served especially on the first night. A few words is enough unless the waiter has nothing else to do.

Let's all be sensitive to what's going on around 😀

This is an issue in all dining rooms. The staff is more to blame than the passengers. They are trying to humanize themselves in hopes of being tipped. Think about it. Do you have these conversations with waiters in restaurants at home?

This is an issue in all dining rooms. The staff is more to blame than the passengers. They are trying to humanize themselves in hopes of being tipped. Think about it. Do you have these conversations with waiters in restaurants at home?

Well, yes, I do.....especially if I have been waited on before by the same waiter/waitress.....

Although I agree you should not monopolize any wait staff as they have a job to do.....

Wow! News flash: the staff ARE humans.

And, yes, I occasionally have conversations with wait staff in restaurants at home. They're humans too.

Absolutely! I often ask for menu items tweaked to my personal tastes. And...if the response is "no, it can't be done", that is a clue that the food is pre-made and then merely reheated. I'll likely never go to that restaurant again.

Also, who are you generally served by...robots?

Edited by Fish Lover