Room Service....

chemmo

We used room service last week on the Adventure. It was good. It came within the time period requested. It was not piping hot, but was warm.

Thanks,

Do you order on the TV or by phone and what are the choices like for lunch/evening?

Im interested in more info on the room service too. We have never used it but this time we have a suite n may want to have some time out. Do they charge u for the food n drinks?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In a suite you can order from the MDR menu, anytime the MDR is open, offers you more than the standard menu. The food itself does not cost extra but drinks might, depending on what you order.

There is no charge for Room Service unless it is between midnight and 5 AM. It is customary to tip the room service delivery tho

Our experience (and from reading these boards, others have had similar) was that breakfast was pretty bad. Small portions, tasteless food, much better available in the windjammer. I can't speak to other meals.

Agreed, its good for pastries, toast and coffee at breakfast but the hot food isn't particularly good in our opinion.

In a suite you can order from the MDR menu, anytime the MDR is open, offers you more than the standard menu. The food itself does not cost extra but drinks might, depending on what you order.

There is no charge for Room Service unless it is between midnight and 5 AM. It is customary to tip the room service delivery tho

That is good to know! It will certainly give us far more options....

Our experience (and from reading these boards, others have had similar) was that breakfast was pretty bad. Small portions, tasteless food, much better available in the windjammer. I can't speak to other meals.

Yes, nothing worse than cold over easy eggs! We will also have the option of CK for breakfast so may go there if we want something hot....

Agreed, its good for pastries, toast and coffee at breakfast but the hot food isn't particularly good in our opinion.

Sometimes at the start of the day this is all you want and then it is so nice not to have to rush and queue...

Sometimes at the start of the day this is all you want and then it is so nice not to have to rush and queue...

Ideal for an early arrival at a popular port when the WJ rush is in full flow...... and you just can't face it [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are actually quite near the Diamond lounge....what is the buffet breakfast like there and can you take food out and back to your balcony?

It is mostly a continental offering (pastries, fruit, etc.) and yes, you can take it to your room if you like.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

How good (or bad) is room service on RC? We have never used it before but as I presently have some mobility issues it could be useful some days.

We will be on Oasis in a suite if that makes any difference.

I personally think the Burger is better than any other burger on board, including Johnny Rockets.

for suites: you can order off the MDR menu (in addition to the normal RS menu) whenever the DR is serving. all three meals.

it wil be served all at once though, unless you have a Genie who will do it in courses.

Edited by spookwife
changed answer to correspond with cabin category

We are actually quite near the Diamond lounge....what is the buffet breakfast like there and can you take food out and back to your balcony?

continental: pastries , fruit, cheese, maybe some salmon. there will be a toaster to prepare bread, bagels, maybe english muffins.

LOTS of people bring stuff back. they even provide paper cups with lids for the coffee/tea/hot chocolate/

We order coffee and pastries before going to sleep at night via the door hangers that are in your room. You select time for delivery in 30 minute increments and they usually come at the beginning of the time. They also call before coming so we often use it as our wake up call.

We enjoyed room service on the Allure.

Meal came kinda hot and we got everything we ordered on time.

They even put a table cloth down for our dinner.

We were in a suite.

Enjoy we did.

That's a little more reassuring! As I say, we have never really used before, it is just nice to have options....

I personally think the Burger is better than any other burger on board, including Johnny Rockets.

for suites: you can order off the MDR menu (in addition to the normal RS menu) whenever the DR is serving. all three meals.

it wil be served all at once though, unless you have a Genie who will do it in courses.

No Genie for us so we will order desert that isn't hot or will melt and gobble down the starters!

We order coffee and pastries before going to sleep at night via the door hangers that are in your room. You select time for delivery in 30 minute increments and they usually come at the beginning of the time. They also call before coming so we often use it as our wake up call.

It shows how long it is since we did room service...I had forgotten about the value of that early call!

We ordered room service several times on the Allure. I love having coffee on the balcony and drink while I get ready. Bacon, pastries and cereal was about all we ordered and it was very good. Did not order room service any other time of the day, so can't comment on that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Harmony TA in a Grand Suite and were disappointed by room service. Not the service itself; it was always faster than what we were told when ordering.

The room service menus have changed. There are still some complimentary items, but for something like a burger, I believe the charge was just under $5. There are still quite a few complimentary items (wraps, etc.) There were no daily MDR menus left in our room (the leather binder we've had in suites on other cruises), and when I asked our steward about it (this was lunchtime on one of our many sea days when the dining room was open), he told us they weren't doing the binder anymore, and we should order by tv, but the only menu available on tv was the standard room service menu. When I called room service to ask about the MDR menus, they had no idea what I was talking about.

The breakfast room service hanging card that you can put outside before 3am appeared to be the same.

Does anyone know if ordering from the MDR menus in suite is limited to Star Class now?

We were on the Harmony TA in a Grand Suite and were disappointed by room service. Not the service itself; it was always faster than what we were told when ordering.

The room service menus have changed. There are still some complimentary items, but for something like a burger, I believe the charge was just under $5. There are still quite a few complimentary items (wraps, etc.) There were no daily MDR menus left in our room (the leather binder we've had in suites on other cruises), and when I asked our steward about it (this was lunchtime on one of our many sea days when the dining room was open), he told us they weren't doing the binder anymore, and we should order by tv, but the only menu available on tv was the standard room service menu. When I called room service to ask about the MDR menus, they had no idea what I was talking about.

The breakfast room service hanging card that you can put outside before 3am appeared to be the same.

Does anyone know if ordering from the MDR menus in suite is limited to Star Class now?

I would be interested in the answer to this question as well we will be in a grand suite on allure. I am wondering what they have for breakfast in the suite lounge? Buffet or sit down and order off menu?