Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

A few tidbits from today's press ship visit:

Richard Fain said that Celebrity Edge is like a big Lego set made of 42 blocks ..spaciousness is key with high ceilings and openness. It also offers better views of the sea.

Journalists are told not to take pictures of the Edge's parabolic ultra bow on the visit. The structure helps make the ship 25% more environmentally friendly than Solstice class.Pictures will be shared in the coming weeks.

Sister ship Celebrity Apex will be christened in the UK and sail a mini season out of Southampton in April 2020 before going to the Mediterranean.

A TA mentioned using the same bathroom products at their hotel that will be available in Concierge staterooms - made by C.O. Bigelow (lavender - peppermint formula)

Edited by dides

I still think there is a storage problem. Hard to keep cabin neat. I miss shelves for those items you don’t keep in drawer or closet. Can’t put everything under the bed. I hope they have outlet under the bed like a Oasis class for cpap. Also hope side table large enough for cpap. Think of the hats, sunglasses, binoculars, books, your two bottles of wine... your supply of plastic straws etc. I used all those nice shelves and spaces on s class. Guess stack stuff on sofa

I still think there is a storage problem. Hard to keep cabin neat. I miss shelves for those items you don’t keep in drawer or closet. Can’t put everything under the bed. I hope they have outlet under the bed like a Oasis class for cpap. Also hope side table large enough for cpap. Think of the hats, sunglasses, binoculars, books, your two bottles of wine... your supply of plastic straws etc. I used all those nice shelves and spaces on s class. Guess stack stuff on sofa

miss the cabinets over the bed.

Great photos...my take on the latest batch

Agree that the plug box is awful...takes up too much space but maybe we can put our tablets on top while they are charging. Older style in the console was better.

Matresses are really two that make it a King..way too big for the space. I am marked for a non cashmere due to allergies...hopeful they will have it for me. We usually sleep in queen size in a much larger room, which is quite adequate! They should downsize!

We will have bed by balc, in AQ cabin, not our prefered layout, but it may actually work better because the bed is so huge. Cabins overall disappointingly low end, The lamp is a joke!

Hope the shower is not as small as it looks!

I use Bigelow lavender...love it.

Hope we see the closet interiors soon. Looks small next to the couch in one pic..

Eden and Rooftop look fabulous..They have color...very nice. Other public

spaces are plush and lovely but looked a bit washed out in the photos yet are all amazing .

Can't wait for more...esp spa!

Edited by hcat

Agree..I bought a hanging cosmetics storage case and may look for a thin plastic "over the door" shoe storage bag for outside the bathroom door..for all the other stuff you mentioned.Cabins are bigger but seem like they will overall be tighter and less easy to organize. Cabin designers were probably not cruisers! Our cabin crawl wil be interesting!

Going to order just one small floral arrangement...space is at a premium!

Edited by hcat

Different angles in an Infinite Veranda

edgeiv3.jpg

edgeiv4.jpg

Oceanview Cafe

edgeoceanview.jpg?

edgeoceanview2.jpg

And the visit has ended - here's a cool picture posted by Celebrity

edgemcpan.jpg

Not sure if I understand the color scheme of the “dressers”. The white and wood grain just looks blah. I would assume the white component will hold the hairdryer and the refrigerator below so that leaves three usable drawer spaces and that’s it????

I thought one of their intentions was bigger staterooms and better storage. Not sure if we’re seeing better storage but the cabin will “feel” larger when the bifold doors are open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More from courtesy USA Today.

IV with bed by bath

b2b55138345429c7e10cda1989182237.jpg

e81f162e876698a914024a180aea257c.jpg

IV with bed by Balcony

00586c163b21a6af638c52fd8de3afff.jpg

be18571c70187c2eb49a8209563c4798.jpg

So the Bed by Bath rooms have the air conditioning fans above the beds and those that are by the balcony don't!

This will no doubt give those who don't like the contemporary look and apparent lack of storage space something else to moan about.

Great photos...my take on the latest batch

Agree that the plug box is awful...takes up too much space but maybe we can put our tablets on top while they are charging. Older style in the console was better.

Matresses are really two that make it a King..way too big for the space. I am marked for a non cashmere due to allergies...hopeful they will have it for me. We usually sleep in queen size in a much larger room, which is quite adequate! They should downsize!

We will have bed by balc, in AQ cabin, not our prefered layout, but it may actually work better because the bed is so huge. Cabins overall disappointingly low end, The lamp is a joke!

Hope the shower is not as small as it looks!

I use Bigelow lavender...love it.

Hope we see the closet interiors soon. Looks small next to the couch in one pic..

Eden and Rooftop look fabulous..They have color...very nice. Other public

spaces are plush and lovely but looked a bit washed out in the photos yet are all amazing .

Can't wait for more...esp spa!

I like the king size bed! We sleep on a queen at home but share with a medium dog who thinks she is a Great Dane and tried to take up 3/4 of it!

I thought shower looked larger (normally have a tub on Princess and Carnival) and was glad to see that it wasn’t a small plastic shower curtain that clings to you like we had the one time on our 1st Carnival Cruise.

I do agree the cabins overall are a little bit boring. Just not a grey/beige/cream neutral person. Know that these are the “in” colors in design but not for me!

I think not having AC vent over the bed by balc is actually a plus!

Sorry for "moaning" but my dtrs college dorm was much nicer as was my room at summer camp many yrs ago..paying alot more per night for the ship. Cabins are not equal to the rest of the ship...unless maybe a suite

Furniture looks like stuff you buy at Furn a kit to self assemble.

So one thing I noticed going back to X’s site is that the mock up doesn’t show an arm on the couch only a back. These photos show an arm on one end and partial back.

I saw something on a thread about couches in rooms without the square (double sofa) or triangle (single sofa) on the deck plan. Hvsteve1 said " Spoke to Celebrity and got the answer. Suites without a sleeper sofa will have a "lounging" sofa which is open at one end (think chaise lounge)."

A few tidbits from today's press ship visit:

Richard Fain said that Celebrity Edge is like a big Lego set made of 42 blocks ..spaciousness is key with high ceilings and openness. It also offers better views of the sea.

Journalists are told not to take pictures of the Edge's parabolic ultra bow on the visit. The structure helps make the ship 25% more environmentally friendly than Solstice class.Pictures will be shared in the coming weeks.

Sister ship Celebrity Apex will be christened in the UK and sail a mini season out of Southampton in April 2020 before going to the Mediterranean.

A TA mentioned using the same bathroom products at their hotel that will be available in Concierge staterooms - made by C.O. Bigelow (lavender - peppermint formula)

Thanks, Dides, for all of the pictures and info!!

Gee, I think I see a trip to South Hampton in my future in 2020. :D

The photos look very similar to the renderings, in my humble opinion. The bathroom has a sleek, modern, and clean aesthetic. The drawers by the desk appear wider than anything available on Solstice Class balcony staterooms.

I think we won’t really know how “functional” the staterooms are until there’s some real-world experience. Some of the excitement of booking on a new class of vessel before it has debuted is the unknown. Part of me doesn’t even want to look at these photos so as not to “spoil” the surprise.

Thanks, Dides, for all of the pictures and info!!

Gee, I think I see a trip to South Hampton in my future in 2020. :D

No problem. Yes, excited for the Apex being launched a couple of hours away from us! We weren't allowed to book the pre-pre cruise so nice to get something special this side of the pond :D

I saw something on a thread about couches in rooms without the square (double sofa) or triangle (single sofa) on the deck plan. Hvsteve1 said " Spoke to Celebrity and got the answer. Suites without a sleeper sofa will have a "lounging" sofa which is open at one end (think chaise lounge)."

Guess as ours is a two person only, we’ll have the chaise lounge type sofa....works for me!!!

The photos look very similar to the renderings, in my humble opinion. The bathroom has a sleek, modern, and clean aesthetic. The drawers by the desk appear wider than anything available on Solstice Class balcony staterooms.

I think we won’t really know how “functional” the staterooms are until there’s some real-world experience. Some of the excitement of booking on a new class of vessel before it has debuted is the unknown. Part of me doesn’t even want to look at these photos so as not to “spoil” the surprise.

I know, it's like sneaking a peek at a birthday present - you want to see it so badly, but also want to be surprised. I decided to be prepared and learn as much as I can, but I know there will still be many surprises onboard!! :D

I am hoping for cubbies or drawers in the closet. Some ships have that in regular cabins and suite closets often have storage in the closet. They touted double the storage so it has to be somewhere (although maybe it is just that the drawers are wider, deeper).