Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks for links

..mini "sammies" at Grand Plaza cafe ..then a nice latte and biscotti at Cafe Baccio.

Usually, after we do the pool or Solarium in the am, we relocate indoors..perfect and after snacks we do the Thermal Suite

.We'll be hitting the gym early and often!

Info on the pendulum:

"Jouin Manku’s influence is also strikingly apparent in the Main Dining Atrium, where they’ve taken the concept of a staircase and turned it into a work of art. Hanging three stories between the flights of stairs is yet another meaningful art installation known as The Pendulum. The Pendulum base moves ever so gently to the rhythms of the ocean to remind guests that they are indeed moving and connected to the sea, even when they cannot see it."

enhance

The Exposed Wall:

"Inspired by the thousands of hands that go in to the construction of a ship – such as Jouin’s grandfather, who was a welder in the construction of the S.S. Normandie – Jouin Manku designed the exposed corridor. Complete with authentic welders’ touches, architects’ markings and engineers’ notes, the exposed corridor uncovers the bare hull of the ship leading to and from The Grand Plaza and the main dining rooms. The space transforms depending on the direction a guest is walking, like a life-sized lenticular wall. One way, guests will see the unadorned beauty of the ship’s steel bones, while heading in the other direction guests will see a sleek, modern design that starkly contrasts the alternate view."

enhance

The Chandelier:

"The Chandelier, a striking lighting feature – and art installation – that rises over the Martini Bar to the ceiling three decks above. Composed of five levels of 765 blades illuminated by dynamic LED strips that change color from day to night, The Chandelier weighs in at seven tons."

enhance

More:

"In the morning, The Grand Plaza invites guests to enjoy a cappuccino and a croissant at either of the cafés (Grand Plaza or Cafe al Bacio). Guests can return to The Grand Plaza for afternoon tea or to indulge in a pre-dinner cocktail while enjoying unexpected pop-up performances.

At nightfall, the energy transforms completely, and the space becomes the social epicenter of the ship, coming alive with live music."

enhance

Grand Plaza Cafe:

A new complimentary venue exclusively on Celebrity Edge, Grand Plaza Café is perfect for a quick, satisfying savory or sweet snack on the go, either before or after guests venture ashore. In the morning, it offers a variety of freshly baked pastries, from almond, Nutella, and chocolate croissants to a revolving selection of Danish pastries, turnovers, and more. Later, guests can stop by for an afternoon pick-me-up of mini sandwiches, such as the Roasted Turkey and Cranberry Ciabatta, with free-range turkey, Vermont cheddar, and fresh walnut bread, and the Curry Grilled Chicken Wrap, featuring mango salsa and shaved romaine.

enhance

Sorry, thought I was posting the previous post on another thread. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the pictures and reveals!! :D

Here is an amazing picture that I don't think I've seen yet!

Oh my! Not going to show that one to my Dear Wife. :p

DW (afraid of heights) doesn't even like looking down an escalator.:cool:

Edited by $hip$hape

I think not having AC vent over the bed by balc is actually a plus!

Sorry for "moaning" but my dtrs college dorm was much nicer as was my room at summer camp many yrs ago..paying alot more per night for the ship. Cabins are not equal to the rest of the ship...unless maybe a suite

Furniture looks like stuff you buy at Furn a kit to self assemble.

I think if it was an RCCL ship we could call it IKEA of the Seas😏

Many thanks to Lloyd and everyone else who posted these great photos! I’d hoped to see more photos of the IV bathroom storage (still hoping to find additional storage under the sink & counter top) and the closet interior. Fingers crossed for more photos to appear today;-)

I think if it was an RCCL ship we could call it IKEA of the Seas😏

Agree.. but I actually like most of the spaces..just not the pics of the Inf Balc staterooms..nothing hi end..except bathroom and toiletries that were mentioned!

Maybe they,ll be better in person.

It appears to me that the table next to the white chest of drawers is designed to slide into the cabinet and disappear, giving you a full length dressing mirror and a larger floor area . Also, I read at one point, there was talk of installing a real plug in the bathroom, for a hair dryer or other normal device, instead of the silly "shaver only" plug you normally see. Waiting for actual reviews...8a7a78294f287d278d6922473cfe7fa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I see what you mean, twodjs. That’s an interesting concept, though Celebrity must think most of us don’t actually use counter space lol. I’d wondered why they’d block the only full-length mirror with a desk. I agree with you about the bathroom outlet, and I’d also hoped they’d provide outlets at the nightstands.

It appears to me that the table next to the white chest of drawers is designed to slide into the cabinet and disappear, giving you a full length dressing mirror and a larger floor area . Also, I read at one point, there was talk of installing a real plug in the bathroom, for a hair dryer or other normal device, instead of the silly "shaver only" plug you normally see. Waiting for actual reviews...8a7a78294f287d278d6922473cfe7fa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

The slide in vanity seemed like a good idea early on, but with the lack of a coffee table (just that little round bongo drum), I wonder if people will find that there isn't enough flat surface area to place things (with table lamps and the electronics box). I think I would need to leave it extended. It is a great idea - let's hope it works out. :D

A couple of observations. It looks like the cabin with the bed by the bathroom has a higher ceiling than the one with the bed by the veranda. https://britsonaship.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/edgeiv.jpg (bed by bathroom) . https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180913/00586c163b21a6af638c52fd8de3afff.jpg (bed by veranda).

I am also wondering if that rounded corner by the closet.. might hide storage. I am hoping that it opens up so you can place all those items that don't necessarily belong in the bathroom or in the chest of drawers or closet.. and still keep the cabin looking nice. I really wish someone had photographed the closet. It does appear there is some space below the 'sofa' so you could place cpap carrier or carryon bag there or all those extra shoes.

enhance

I love this stuff..we use it in our Fla place...so refreshing...not sure men will like it,,....it is quite lavendery but refreshing...dh wont use it! Anything is better than the old lemongrass stuff...that was good to repel mosquitos!