Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

OK, I see it now. I didn't see a shape like the thinner knife edge of the bow and assumed it was the aft end. Now I see the subtle shape of beginnings of it. Thanks for correcting my misconception.

If you check the listings on the various Discovery channels or the Smithsonian channel, they have some good programs on building cruise ships. I watched one yesterday about Harmony of the Seas.

uh - oh, I hadn't heard that about the glass turning opaque and I sense trouble ahead. For people who like to sleep without being woken by sunrise, you had better remember to press that magic button before retiring. And will it really be opaque? As in no light getting through? Somehow I doubt it.

Thanks for posts of Inf Balc rooms...no footstools shown.

Was not aware of the hi tech window glass. I prefer curtains...even if just shears ....they soften the room.

Our bed will be next to the doors to the Infinite balc..I think it will chop up the room. .It was too late to change as there are not that many AQ staterooms,..of course we are happy to be booked and may end up liking the arrangement when we see it...

I believe that the staterooms will have curtains... The opaque turning window is for the sky suites bathroom (as they have a window looking into the room). I remember reading in the EDGE FAQs that the infinity rooms will have curtains.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Lloyd again

Regarding the curtains, I am sure that they have taken care off all the issue. That's one reason why they are relesing the details slowly. When you built anything for the 1st time, you will always have changes along the way.

Thanks jc

From http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/celebrity-edge-dazzles-with-style-magic-carpet-infinite-veranda-rooms.html

"In all accommodations, small touchscreens control temperature, 'scenes' (for example, 'wake up' or 'movie night' lighting/curtains), a 'green' mode and service request icons."

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

If you check the listings on the various Discovery channels or the Smithsonian channel, they have some good programs on building cruise ships. I watched one yesterday about Harmony of the Seas.

And they are fascinating to watch! That these "yuge" ships come together so perfectly is a testament to the talents of the designers and those tasked with converting drawings into a real ship. I never get tired of them. I bought a DVD of Reflection being built. A different type of production than the TV shows in that it was all done in-house at Celebrity and was much more focused on Celebrity's image.

And they are fascinating to watch! That these "yuge" ships come together so perfectly is a testament to the talents of the designers and those tasked with converting drawings into a real ship. I never get tired of them. I bought a DVD of Reflection being built. A different type of production than the TV shows in that it was all done in-house at Celebrity and was much more focused on Celebrity's image.

When we sailed on QM2 we got a book and also saw a presentation on her build. Truly awesome,..she is a very sturdy ocean liner .