Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Edge build and windows.

5da51d3581da92481d6f247460f194f0.jpg

9884f00591ffcb778b375a160eb714f6.jpg

6b3c6714d351abd985d9472b7a3508b7.jpg

b97563db30c70c0647b33ce28522c9e4.jpg

Looks like an office building, not a cruise ship. Not very appealing. I am having a hard time getting excited about this class. I am a huge fan of the Solstice class, but this design so far has been underwhelming. Seems all gimmicks and razzle dazzle with too little substance.

And what is with this mysterious need to be so secretive with so little shown in the reveals so far? It's almost like they are trying to keep people in the dark so as to not create bad press. Reminds me how some really bad movies aren't previewed before being release because the are such dogs that the studios don't want bad press killing them before their first showings.

I am enjoying the photos of the construction process, however. Being mechanically inclined, I am a rapt observer of how things go together, especially big machines.

Edited by SantaFeFan

Thank you, Lloyd. Really enjoy seeing such quick progress! I love what has been revealed so far. We're booked in Aqua Class in March, 2019. It's not for everyone - I get that - but the design esthetic pleases me. Great posts with the photos.

Looks like an office building, not a cruise ship. Not very appealing. I am having a hard time getting excited about this class. I am a huge fan of the Solstice class, but this design so far has been underwhelming. Seems all gimmicks and razzle dazzle with too little substance.

And what is with this mysterious need to be so secretive with so little shown in the reveals so far? It's almost like they are trying to keep people in the dark so as to not create bad press. Reminds me how some really bad movies aren't previewed before being release because the are such dogs that the studios don't want bad press killing them before their first showings.

I am enjoying the photos of the construction process, however. Being mechanically inclined, I am a rapt observer of how things go together, especially big machines.

I think we have to wait until the shell is ready

Then we see the ship in full shape. I think it will be a beautiful ship. Of course not everyone will like it. You have to try something new to stand out.

And they are mysterious because when they say it all at once it does not stay exciting any more. That's why I think they always reveal little and then talk about it then give again what and so on.

I like the EDGE class because it's different. And for me the area inside is more important. Okay the rooftop garden and the pool deck are also important. But these two are great

Great photos...thanks Lloyd

Still confused about the smaller looking windows..hope they are not the Infinite balcony windows????????

We have AQ booked with Infinite balc ...hope we won't feel too closed in...If we ever book another cruise on EDGE, we would most likely take a reg balcony....AQ prices now are sky high!

Great photos...thanks Lloyd

Still confused about the smaller looking windows..hope they are not the Infinite balcony windows????????

We have AQ booked with Infinite balc ...hope we won't feel too closed in...If we ever book another cruise on EDGE, we would most likely take a reg balcony....AQ prices now are sky high!

Of course they are the Infinite Balconies. They aren't small, they just appear that way due to the size of the ship. They are about the same size as a normal balcony opening.

To ensure they don't repeat the issues Quantum had. Brand new class of ship right out of the yard is bound to have issues- don't want to expose paying customers to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

that's what sea trials are for. at one point, the first cruise will be the first cruise with paying passengers. You must be ready.

that's what sea trials are for. at one point, the first cruise will be the first cruise with paying passengers. You must be ready.

On the Quantum TA there lots of workers on the ship still finishing things. You are not going to find out customer related issues on a sea trial. Even the maiden from PE is bound to have issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To ensure they don't repeat the issues Quantum had. Brand new class of ship right out of the yard is bound to have issues- don't want to expose paying customers to that.

I don´t think the Quantum is what they have in mind. Although, yes, the Quantum was not really finished by the time she came out (and I was on the pre inaugural prior to the TA).

But I remember quite a disaster happening last year with a ship from the same shipyard the Edge is built right now. They added two weeks of short cruises prior to the so called maiden cruise... that ship goes by the name of Harmony of the Seas ;)! After several media reports especially in GB and videos from passengers they had to pay a lot (mainly in future cruise credits) to get out of it.

steamboats