No more Oceania cruises for me

English Tim

:mad: I have unsubscribed from the email list several times, yet O don't take any notice.

You've upset me so much, you're binned.

Stay home. We will be just fine without you. You are the one who will be missing out on sailing with a wonderful cruise line.

:mad: I have unsubscribed from the email list several times, yet O don't take any notice.

You've upset me so much, you're binned.

Too sharp for me... I got a ad from Mercedes in the mail, Like you that did it I'd never buy one...... We could learn from you...................

Too sharp for me... I got a ad from Mercedes in the mail, Like you that did it I'd never buy one...... We could learn from you...................

Good job... I will never buy from any company that sends me an ad in the mail. Looks like i will never buy anything again.. Will save all this money for a cruise on Oceania. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tim, I'm trying to figure out your complaint. You say that you have told O to unsubscribe you from the email list.

But this is Cruise Critic, not Oceania.

Are you asking Oceania to take you off of THIS list? Well, if that's the case -- they can't.

And if you are objecting to all the emails you get from Oceania (or even worse, snail mails), then complaining here won't help you either.

I'm sorry you are so upset about this ... but none of us can figure out how to help you!

Mura

Well we certainly dragged the O gang from under the cobwebs.

This is a cruising forum for anyone to discuss / vent, so I did just that.

Now, as O read this they might just re-consider their policy to ignore customers requests.

As for those of you that think it unnecessary for me to post or not in the right place, just ignore me, then I'll be gone, as when I see no-one has replied, they'll be no need for me to return.

Well we certainly dragged the O gang from under the cobwebs.

This is a cruising forum for anyone to discuss / vent, so I did just that.

Now, as O read this they might just re-consider their policy to ignore customers requests.

As for those of you that think it unnecessary for me to post or not in the right place, just ignore me, then I'll be gone, as when I see no-one has replied, they'll be no need for me to return.

That's nice!:D

This is a cruising forum for anyone to discuss / vent, so I did just that... As for those of you that think it unnecessary for me to post or not in the right place, just ignore me, then I'll be gone, as when I see no-one has replied, they'll be no need for me to return.

The opportunity to post on this board works both ways. You're absolutely free to vent and others are absolutely free to post that we think your reaction to the mailers is excessive, counterproductive, and misplaced.

You vented. Many responded. That's the way a public forum works.

Tim, I'm trying to figure out your complaint. You say that you have told O to unsubscribe you from the email list.

But this is Cruise Critic, not Oceania.

Are you asking Oceania to take you off of THIS list? Well, if that's the case -- they can't.

And if you are objecting to all the emails you get from Oceania (or even worse, snail mails), then complaining here won't help you either.

I'm sorry you are so upset about this ... but none of us can figure out how to help you!

Mura

Tim, Just find the round file next to your desk and zoom, no more papers. No muss, no fuss, no bother and you will not have to post here anymore.

Whew, the Oceania-ers sure know how to beat up a guy.

I too have tried to unsubscribe from the multitude of emails I get from Oceania since we booked our first cruise but it seems impossible. They keep on coming. I unsubscribe each email that comes.

Yes, I did call and asked them to stop the emails and the regular mailings too but that, so far, is to no avail as well.

Seems they are very slow to react, if they react at all.

Then it would appear that it's easier for them to waste email just as it's easier for them to spend a lot of money on fancy brochures that few of us want. I admit I get a fair amount of emails from them but it hasn't struck me as excessive and I rarely look at them. The mailed brochures bother me much more, but again, it's easy enough to toss them. Oceania isn't the only cruise line that sends tons of fancy brochures. I get them even from cruiselines I've never sailed on.

C'est la vie.

I think that the conclusion here is that you can either make the person who takes the recyclables away happy, or they can be out of a job. I think that we need to keep as many people employed as possible.....

Ed

Edited by greeneg

i think that the conclusion here is that you can either make the person who takes the recyclables away happy, or they can be out of a job. I think that we need to keep as many people employed as possible.....

Ed

+ 1000

Edited by RJB

I simply logged into my account, went to the section for subscriptions and said unsubscribe all. Brochures stopped for awhile, then started up again...but upon closer inspection, they were 'compliments' of my TA. I simply called them and viola, all stopped.

I simply logged into my account, went to the section for subscriptions and said unsubscribe all. Brochures stopped for awhile, then started up again...but upon closer inspection, they were 'compliments' of my TA. I simply called them and viola, all stopped.

I also unsubscribed and called to request brochures be stopped. Neither happened and I don't have a TA.

I do not get stuff from Celebrity or other cruise lines so, Oceania seems an anomaly. As for keeping people employed....???

Whew, the Oceania-ers sure know how to beat up a guy.

Could not agree with you more. If you have a desire to be beat up, drawn and quartered, this is the place to come. It is unfortunate because people new to Oceania or those thinking about booking would probably be put off by the responses on the Oceania board.

English Tim - this is a known problem with both Oceania and Regent. While it does not stop us from cruising on either line, it is very annoying. My case is the opposite of yours - we would like to receive mail and have received nothing after contacting them several times.

Wendy, I believe (not 100% sure) that Oceania stamps our TA's information on their brochures but they are sent from Oceania (same with Regent).

If you are a Canadian, and save proof of requesting removal from their mail list and they do not comply with the request then complain with proof to CRTC. The will investigate and if does not stop can fine the company up to $100,000