Website woes

The Odd Couple

I remember someone (sorry, can't remember who) recently saying they were having difficulties in accessing their cruise itineraries online. When I sign in (twice), I am prompted to choose one of my bookings, but when I go into it, the Med cruise shows the Caribbean's itinerary and all dates are mixed up. I emailed HAL tech support who said they were aware there were problems that they were dealing with and outlined a couple of ways which were supposed to get round the issue - neither of which work for me. Does anyone else have this problem and have they been able to resolve it, or is it just a case of waiting until HAL gets its act together?

Yes, I have the same problem with two cruises booked being all mixed up. I logged into my computer onto a guest account and used the browser that had no HAL site history and managed to get one booking itinerary to load properly. However, it also loaded for the other booking number.

Three days later it had reversed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember someone (sorry, can't remember who) recently saying they were having difficulties in accessing their cruise itineraries online. When I sign in (twice), I am prompted to choose one of my bookings, but when I go into it, the Med cruise shows the Caribbean's itinerary and all dates are mixed up. I emailed HAL tech support who said they were aware there were problems that they were dealing with and outlined a couple of ways which were supposed to get round the issue - neither of which work for me. Does anyone else have this problem and have they been able to resolve it, or is it just a case of waiting until HAL gets its act together?

That may hav been me. I called (via my TA, and also directly, because it's a HAL issue, not a TA problem), and worked my way to a supervisor. When not all was resolved, I used the email, but prefaced it with "please forward to a supervisor".

For the record, my personalized itinerary is still messed up (the one I can access), but HAL did email me a correct soft copy. So my needs are met. I have spent lots of time and well over 2 hours total with HAL. This was to fix several things (flight matters, need for tour description) besides the itinerary issue.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

And the work arounds provided by HAL did not work either. I still have scrambled dates for THREE booking numbers (B2B2B)! Arghh....

Did you try their suggestion to go into "private browsing " and sign in? You can go to one booking at a time, then sign out and back in again and look at a second/third/etc. booking. Seemed to work for me, but annoying :(, and if you want to buy something, you have to turn off private browsing first, or HAL won't know who you are.:rolleyes:

Edited by PSR

For the past week, I've had intermittent issues with Personalize Your Cruise pages. It says no Shore Excursions are available on any day of the 7 day cruise, I can't book dining or spa and I can't view my itinerary or gifts and indulgences. I contacted HAL. I was able to book earlier today, but it's no longer working. I tried two computers and 3 different browsers.

The website seemed to improve a smidge to look up itineraries for my Future Cruise Listings, but...

I am struggling now as I have two cruises booked too.

If I click on one cruise to book, why the heck do I need to give the booking number? Honestly????

Frustrating!

Thanks to everyone who shared their tales of woe. It's so frustrating! HAL may be aware of the problem, but it seems they are dragging their heels to get it sorted out. I have tried both alternative methods of logging on but they don't work for me. Let's hope something is done quickly.

HAL may be aware of the problem, but it seems they are dragging their heels to get it sorted out.
We would really need to know why the problem is occurring and know a bit more about the system itself, to say. For example, there's a feature of the product I develop that customers have been complaining about for many many years. It may seem like we're dragging our heels to remedy it, but in reality we've been continually trying to negotiate with partners with whom we have unbreakable contracts, partners who hold the keys to the kingdom so to speak with regard to diagnosing and remedying that problem. Whenever you mix lawyers and engineers together it's going to take a good long time to work through it no matter how much (or as little) as it affects the ability to sell the product or service.

Yes, yes, yes! I have also called HAL and was told they are working on it. I asked them if they realized that the result was I was unable to book excursions or indulgences until they fixed it.

Yes, yes, yes! I have also called HAL and was told they are working on it. I asked them if they realized that the result was I was unable to book excursions or indulgences until they fixed it.

Seems to me HAL continually has these types of problems with their website. One gets fixed, then another develops. Appears to me they need new IT team. Recently have gone on Princess site and my goodness, what a difference. Princess seems way better to me. Haven't booked anything through Princess so don't know about any specific problems there, but do know HAL needs to put more effort(i.e.money)into their website and it's proper operation. What do they not understand?

Also makes me wonder how secure my personal information is???

Jane

Edited by jabcruiser

As I indicated earlier, it need not be a matter of what Holland America doesn't know and may indeed be a matter of what they do know, i.e., where to spend their scarce resources for maximal overall effect.

I am worried about security of our private data, but a flashier, seemingly more well put together website doesn't convince me that my data is any safer.

Edited by bUU

Also makes me wonder how secure my personal information is???
Then don't ever let non-friends/family know both your last name and booking number. With those two items NO PASSWORD is required to read or alter any of your Check-In data. :( Try it. Don't log-in, just go to Check-In from the first page.

Seems to me HAL continually has these types of problems with their website. One gets fixed, then another develops. Appears to me they need new IT team. Recently have gone on Princess site and my goodness, what a difference. Princess seems way better to me. Haven't booked anything through Princess so don't know about any specific problems there, but do know HAL needs to put more effort(i.e.money)into their website and it's proper operation. What do they not understand?

What's strange is that the website problems are fairly new. We were able to go years and years researching cruises, booking them, checking our information, and booking additional activities such as shore excursions, dinners in specialty restaurants, and salon/spa, easily the first time.

It's as if HAL is making a deliberate attempt to push us away, but this is also no way to bring in the new cruisers HAL is (apparently) trying to draw. Sometimes it's better to follow the old "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

The website seemed to improve a smidge to look up itineraries for my Future Cruise Listings, but...

I am struggling now as I have two cruises booked too.

If I click on one cruise to book, why the heck do I need to give the booking number? Honestly????

Frustrating!

Incidentally, I've had that issue on the Seabourn website as well.

Roy

Thanks to everyone who shared their tales of woe. It's so frustrating! HAL may be aware of the problem, but it seems they are dragging their heels to get it sorted out. I have tried both alternative methods of logging on but they don't work for me. Let's hope something is done quickly.

Yesterday the website would not accept my credit card :( .... I am getting VERY frustrated with the whole mess. But on a happier note they seem to have figured out how to show me the correct dates and itineraries for the cruises we have booked. At least for now :eek:

As poster above, I went to my account today, and both my bookings were showing separately, with no date overlaps. I guess they ARE making progress... Did not try a credit card, though. Still wish you didn't have to sign in twice to get to your itinerary.:(

From my conversations with HAL Res agents and Supervisors, they moved to a new system: so it's not that the old system broke.

My guess is because Technology has changed, and "holes" have been identified in the way things used to be that can lead to security issues, or compatibility issues, systems have to also change.

My guess is because Technology has changed, and "holes" have been identified in the way things used to be that can lead to security issues, or compatibility issues, systems have to also change.
That's a good guess. Exploits are getting more frequent, more invasive, more insidious in approach. Especially when personal information is involved, malicious users have made it essential to deploy changes to fight against cross-site scripting, code injection, session hijacking, and even basic DDOS attacks.

That's a good guess. Exploits are getting more frequent, more invasive, more insidious in approach. Especially when personal information is involved, malicious users have made it essential to deploy changes to fight against cross-site scripting, code injection, session hijacking, and even basic DDOS attacks.

Just curious - how have you been finding the system when making excursion reservations or checking in on your HAL cruises?

I haven't tried to do all that much but so far I haven't had any problems. I think one thing I will do before too much longer is turn some of the industry security assessments loose on the website and see what problems they uncover. For fun I'll probably also point the WCAG 2.0 assessment at it, to eval accessibility. That's another thing that is forcing a lot of updates and replacements of web applications these days.

Edited by bUU

Thank you. Could you be more specific about what you HAVE done and how the process went? Booking dining and excursions is creating headaches for most. And most of us have been around long enough to yearn for the old system which was pretty much trouble free and user friendly which you may also recall.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Forums mobile app

Thank you. Could you be more specific about what you HAVE done and how the process went?
I'm sorry but so I can provide you the information you're seeking I'll need to know which specific comments of mine this is in reference to. Thank you.