Dishonest onbord booking agent what should I do

dyson

Ok a lot of responses so I will try to answer, I am leaning twords dishonest.

When I was booking with him I specifically stated that I had been on ships that had a interior room that was larger than a standard.

I also pointed out on the map that the room appeared bigger.

he said it was a printing error and stated that he would do some research and let me know.

the next day we saw him and asked if he found anything out and he said matter of fact that he was right and they were the same.

we looked on the website and it was very vague.

We even looked at doing the suite for the size again but my wife just didn't like the location so we booked the ocean view.

You are right I should have researched it when I got home but due to family issues I didn't and that's my fault but when I did and called about a month later I was told we don't do downgrades. So I thought about it again and called today and asked again they verified I was right but said sorry...

Who should I contact for this just call and ask for a supervisor? or is there a email contact?

Ok guys,

I have a question I had something happen on the ship and I don't know address it.

we book another cruise for May in Charleston a 10 day Journey's while we were on our last cruise.

We generally book a deluxe ocean view for the size of the room and the sunshine doesn't have one. So I went to book a interior because honestly we don't like the suites in the back because of motion sickness, and we spend most of our time on deck and just sleep in the room

The future cruise agent told us that the ocean view was larger than a interior in any class room. so we booked a ocean view on his insistence on the size and I didn't want to argue about a ship I had never been on

but now I have discovered that a 4j interior is the same size but at the time of booking it was almost $1,000 less in cost.

so I called carnival can talked to them and they said that there's nothing they can do because it was a early saver

I don't know what direction to go here. Right now a 4j is actually more than what I paid.

However when you look back at when I booked its a thousand less.

it seems like the guy on ship just took advantage of us not knowing the size difference on that ship. ( the sunshine ).

It seems like there should be something that they can do right? I may have been a honest mistake but I don't think so this guy said he has been doing it for years so he should have known the sizes right

If you told the Future Cruise Agent that you don't like the back of the ship because of motion then he did good by not putting you in a 4J. Some of the 4Js on the Sunshine (formerly the Destiny) are at the very,very front of the ship below the bridge on decks 6 and 7 and face forward with a window overlooking a public walkway that's also known as the Secret Deck. You need only read other posts here on CC to see that being all the way forward is not a very good place to book if you have motion sickness issues.

The other 4Js are on Deck 3 with a window also overlooking a walkway with an obstructed view of the water. As for motion, these are as far forward on Deck 3 as you can possibly be and yes, they are the same 220 sq feet as the Ocean Views. But if you look at a deck plan for the Deck 3 4J's they are directly and I mean directly below the Liquid Lounge Nightclub.

You might check out a few other CC posts here that discuss "noise issues" and reconsider the 4Js.

It looks to me that this special 10 night Journey's sailing still has 7 of these Deck 3 4Js available to book. Hmmmmmm. I can't for the life of me imagine why?

All the way forward. Under the Nightclub. What could possibly go wrong?

IMHO the Future Cruise Agent did right by you and your "motion issues" by booking you in a Standard 220sf Midship Ocean View away from the front, away from under the nightclub, and you should should drop the issue with Carnival.

Edited by AdGuyMG

We even looked at doing the suite for the size again but my wife just didn't like the location so we booked the ocean view.

Who should I contact for this just call and ask for a supervisor? or is there a email contact?

Please read my reply above.

I think you are married to a very smart woman.

For an email try: pleasebookmeallthewayforwardandunderthe nightclub@carnival.com

Edited by AdGuyMG

Please read my reply above.

I think you are married to a very smart woman.

For an email try: pleasebookmeallthewayforwardandunderthe nightclub@carnival.com

ROFL! Do tell...have you patented this yet? pleasebookmeallthewayforwardandunderthe nightclub@carnival.com

I stand by what I said earlier: There's a reason they're referred to as "carnival barkers."

Edited by winddawn

Laughing here. You remind me of my friend's mother-in-law. She was Jewish and whenever someone asked a question she answered with a question. Never could we get an answer from her, rest her soul.

We are raised to ask questions and to question everything. Seriously. The typical toddlers "Why?" is always answered with, you got it, a question. Starts them thinking early on.

We just booked two cruises onboard in October. Made sure we didn't book ES. Actually researched everything, including cabin, online before we got to the desk. The FCC gal simply needed to enter it into the computer.

ROFL! Do tell...have you patented this yet? pleasebookmeallthewayforwardandunderthe nightclub@carnival.com

I stand by what I said earlier: There's a reason they're referred to as "carnival barkers."

The OP got booked in a midship ocean view cabin by the "carnival barker" because he said "we don't like the suites in the back because of motion sickness."

Hearing this, the carnival barker probably ruled out recommending a cabin in the front for the very same motion issues. Hence the midship OV.

Now the OP is on here saying the Future Cruise person was dishonest and wasn't looking out for him by booking a midship OV.

Instead the OP wants a Deck 3 all the way forward 4J cabin directly under the Liquid Lounge Nightclub.

I hope Carnival caves and gives it to him... and we'll keep an eye out for the post cruise review:

Beware Carnival Sunshine - Sleepless Nights and Seasickness!!

Honestly, this is one of the reasons that we book sleeper cruises on board. We trust our PVP to be honest and straightforward with us, so we transfer all bookings to him once we return. Then we can take our time deciding what we want to book and then firm it up without being rushed by the FCD person or feeling pushed because of all of the lines of others wanting to get to them.

Exactly. And book a refundable rate. That way you can make changes as you wish including moving to the more restricted ES.

Ok guys,

I have a question I had something happen on the ship and I don't know address it.

we book another cruise for May in Charleston a 10 day Journey's while we were on our last cruise.

We generally book a deluxe ocean view for the size of the room and the sunshine doesn't have one. So I went to book a interior because honestly we don't like the suites in the back because of motion sickness, and we spend most of our time on deck and just sleep in the room

The future cruise agent told us that the ocean view was larger than a interior in any class room. so we booked a ocean view on his insistence on the size and I didn't want to argue about a ship I had never been on

but now I have discovered that a 4j interior is the same size but at the time of booking it was almost $1,000 less in cost.

so I called carnival can talked to them and they said that there's nothing they can do because it was a early saver

I don't know what direction to go here. Right now a 4j is actually more than what I paid.

it seems like the guy on ship just took advantage of us not knowing the size difference on that ship. ( the sunshine ).

It seems like there should be something that they can do right? I may have been a honest mistake but I don't think so this guy said he has been doing it for years so he should have known the sizes right

Carnival was lying for years about the sizes of there inside room 185 sq ft , after being caught in the lie they now say it's 170 sq ft and guess what they are still lying.

He probably was not completely knowledgeable about cabin sizes. The website doesn't even depict an accurate size if you have not noticed. It shows all cabins from insides to oceanviews to balconies are 185 sq ft. It shows a handicap cabin as 185 sq ft. Not true. Insides are smaller, oceanviews are a little larger and handicap cabins are big. I never book ES. Too many variables and my past guest rate is usually only about $10 more pp.

The oceanview cabin uses cabin space that is usally taken up by a balcony. the oceanview is larger then a inside cabin.

a 4J.- is that cabins across the front? because some of those can be tiny. If you didnt want a aft cabin because of motion why would the agent book you in a cabin across the front-- those will feel more motion then the aft (only by a margin -but still motion)

so because of that request I dont think the agent did you wrong by not telling you about the 4J

Edited by serene56

I would call corporate, but I think you are wasting your time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not necessarily. I booked my upcoming cruise for February and chose a balcony cabin. I had to pay double occupancy and booked early saver. Was getting stressed as I had some unforeseen expenses and final payment was approaching. Called twice to downgrade to inside cabin with no luck. Didnt want to cancel cruise as family holiday with kids and grandkids. One more attempt and I was able to downgrade to inside and paid for the entire cruise. Just my luck to get a really nice supervisor who was in a great mood. So it appears there are exceptions to the rule.

Good advice seem every person you call will give you a different answer.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

When I was booking with him I specifically stated that I had been on ships that had a interior room that was larger than a standard.

I also pointed out on the map that the room appeared bigger.

he said it was a printing error and stated that he would do some research and let me know.

the next day we saw him and asked if he found anything out and he said matter of fact that he was right and they were the same.

we looked on the website and it was very vague.

You are right I should have researched it when I got home but due to family issues I didn't and that's my fault but when I did and called about a month later I was told we don't do downgrades. So I thought about it again and called today and asked again they verified I was right but said sorry...

Were you pointing out 4J cabins 6105/6106 or 7105/7106? Those are the 4Js that appear bigger on the deck plans. Those also happen to be 4 cabins that are modified accessible cabins. If you don't need an accessible cabin, he would not be booking you into one.

When he did his research, if he used the goccl site, it shows all 4Js at 185 sq feet.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/758

And the 6B or 6C oceanview cabins as 220 sq feet.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/755

I have had this lesson learned. I do my cruise/cabin/rate homework before I get on the ship. Once on the ship, I check Carnival.com and verify the rate and cabin # then I go directly to the Future Cruise agent to book it. I try to go early in the cruise to avoid the lines. I also always book the Past Guest rate which is Usually only $20 to $40 more than Early Saver. I keep the rate at Past Guest until I am sure of my cruise plans. Once my plans are finalized I usually change the rate to Early Saver if the rate is lower to take advantage of a lower rate up to 2 days before the cruise.

Carnival agents are no better or worse than any other agents I deal such as airlines, car rentals, hotels etc. Their job is to get you booked as quickly as possible. I am very cabin specific so I always choose my cabin, not the agent. Your best bet is to use the information available on this website and Carnival.com and the internet to choose the exact cabin you want. This is what I do now.

Enjoy your cruise.:cool:

Honestly, this is one of the reasons that we book sleeper cruises on board. We trust our PVP to be honest and straightforward with us, so we transfer all bookings to him once we return. Then we can take our time deciding what we want to book and then firm it up without being rushed by the FCD person or feeling pushed because of all of the lines of others wanting to get to them.

Could you explain exactly how this is done?

Thanks.

Were you pointing out 4J cabins 6105/6106 or 7105/7106? Those are the 4Js that appear bigger on the deck plans. Those also happen to be 4 cabins that are modified accessible cabins. If you don't need an accessible cabin, he would not be booking you into one.

When he did his research, if he used the goccl site, it shows all 4Js at 185 sq feet.

The 4J's on Deck 3 are NEW and were added when they redid the Destiny to the Sunshine. They are 220 sq ft and have a sofa. The goccl website describes them as:

3119 4J 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed-1

View: obstructed window – view to outdoor walkway and lifeboats

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, mini fridge, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table.

I pointed out in an earlier post above why this is not a good cabin for the OP. If you look on a current Sunshine Deck plan of Deck 3 and Deck 4, these deck 3 4Js are directly and I do mean directly under the Liquid Lounge night club which means nightclub music above until 2-3 in the morning.

Who knows. Maybe the OP and DW are late night party people and it would make no difference. Maybe they're the last one's to close the nightclub every night. Or maybe they like staying up late in bed and playing the cruise ship cabin version of "Name That Tune." Who are we to say?

All I can add is that as of last night, these Deck 3 4J's are the only one's still available for the OP's March cruise date and there are 7 of them still open for booking on the 10 night Journeys cruise.

I think I know the reason they are still open... and I think others here do, too.

And if the OP wants to call Carnival Corporate and fight to be put into one of these 4Js, he and DW will find out the reason in March, and will most probably only then understand why the "dishonest onboard booking rep" did not recommend this cabin.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Ok guys,

Only the 4j's on deck 3 and only on the Sunshine are the same size the rest are smaller than a OV. Most 4j's do not have couches in them. I have stayed in 4j's on every class of ship that has them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Those links are great, but I can't get them to load for other ships. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by skrams