Transference of beverage package entitlement

bertrande

I have just booked a s1 for my family of 4 and a very nearby inside stateroom for a solo passenger - CEL turned down our request to accommodate 5 in the RS as my youngest would be more than 2 years of age at the time of sailing. With the suites Go Best promotion, my two children (ages 5 and 2.5 at the time of sailing) each have the Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. The solo passenger (an adult) has nothing included in her fare.

The two children are obviously not going to use the Bev Packages which have been included in the fare. Does anyone know if CEL will allow the solo adult to use the youngest passenger's package instead? This is not a question of sharing a package, more if it is a sticker that's stuck to the sea pass, can we request for someone else to take that sticker (if it's done this way - I've never bought a bev package on CEL before so not sure how they do it).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As your solo cabin friend is not in a suite. If you want the solo passenger to eat with you in Luminae there will be a extra charge of $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch (lunch only on sea days) $30 for dinner per visit.

If your booking is on a Solstice Class ship. As you said your getting a S1 suite. Some of the S1 suites on the aft corners have a C1 cabin that has a interlocking staterooms doors. You might have a better chance of all being able to eat together in Luminae. If you like the idea talk to your TA or Celebrity about access to Luminae and Michael's Club.

Celebrity does not use a sticker. It is coded on the sea pass. I fought they will allow it to be transferred to the adult in the inside cabin.

Did you mean you fought for it to be transferred or do you doubt they will let it do that? Think autocorrect muddied up the meaning of your reply :)

As your solo cabin friend is not in a suite. If you want the solo passenger to eat with you in Luminae there will be a extra charge of $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch (lunch only on sea days) $30 for dinner per visit.

If your booking is on a Solstice Class ship. As you said your getting a S1 suite. Some of the S1 suites on the aft corners have a C1 cabin that has a interlocking staterooms doors. You might have a better chance of all being able to eat together in Luminae. If you like the idea talk to your TA or Celebrity about access to Luminae and Michael's Club.

No access to Luminae is fine as we usually order room service or go to the buffet with the kids in tow and no other "help" from the family. It's more about giving the other adult the benefit of a package we have paid for but won't be using (in this case two!). Also, we have realised from past cruises that the other adult much prefers the buffet to any of the sit down options on a ship so even if we went to Luminae it would just be the four of us without her.

No, drink packages are tied to the people booked in the people in the room. I've never heard of them allowing a transfer as you are describing. While true enough, your children are getting a benefit they won't be using. Many people book 2 to a cabin, so anything above that is gravy, and you get the free grats for the kids.

Why not book the adult in your cabin to get the perk, and the child in the other stateroom? Then switch beds onboard.

You're kidding, right? Children are two and five. Too young to book into their own cabin. And if that was done, that child would not be able to dine in Luminae with the parents without paying the supplement. EM

You're kidding, right? Children are two and five. Too young to book into their own cabin. And if that was done, that child would not be able to dine in Luminae with the parents without paying the supplement. EM

I've heard that if adults are booked in a suite and their children are booked in another room without an adult, the suite privileges will be extended to that room. I don't know what the rules are about booking kids into a room without an adult, it might have to be a connecting room to the suite. So that might be an option if there is a suite with connecting balcony open that they want to book.

Children can be booked into rooms next to or across the hall from their parents.

Really? 5 and 2.5 year old children across the hall?

I am sure the parents would never do it and I would be surprised if Celebrity would allow it.

But if yes it should be a way to get the beverage package for the adult. They could just switch cabins once on board.

Did you mean you fought for it to be transferred or do you doubt they will let it do that? Think autocorrect muddied up the meaning of your reply :)

Ah good old auto correct. Should have been "I doubt". As far as booking children this young in their own cabin, celebrity will not allow that.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will check with my TA again regarding switching the kids to the inside room but from what I recall when I last tinkered with the idea, they were too young to be allowed their own cabin. I'm also not sure about their entrance to Luminae if they are not in the same cabin but I will send an email to my TA and ask her all these questions (another question is whether the kids booked in an inside can check in with us!). Hopefully we can work something out. I will update next week when my TA responds as she's closed on the weekend.

We want to be as close together as possible while being economical cost wise - we actually swapped our S1 from port to starboard side so that we would be near the inside room (judging from where the door opens on the deck plan). I had first looked at the adjoining C1, FV cabins on the various decks before deciding on the inside cabin but they were too expensive for a solo.

We want to be as close together as possible while being economical cost wise - we actually swapped our S1 from port to starboard side so that we would be near the inside room (judging from where the door opens on the deck plan). I had first looked at the adjoining C1, FV cabins on the various decks before deciding on the inside cabin but they were too expensive for a solo.

Just curious if that calculation took into account that if you book the kids in the adjoining cabin, you would only be booking 3 into the more expensive cabin. So instead of what you have now. 4 fares at suite fare and one person paying two inside fares (so 6 fares total) You would have 3 fares for one cabin and 2 fares for the other (5 fares total).

Just curious if that calculation took into account that if you book the kids in the adjoining cabin, you would only be booking 3 into the more expensive cabin. So instead of what you have now. 4 fares at suite fare and one person paying two inside fares (so 6 fares total) You would have 3 fares for one cabin and 2 fares for the other (5 fares total).

No - the starting point of our calculations (before this thread) was that the kids would always be with us because of access to Luminae. As of now, the total fare (6 fares total) stands at just over USD20k. I've just done a dummy booking and any other combination (5 fares total over an S1 and an adjoining cabin (3 in suite and 2 in the adjoining room - most of the adjoining C rooms or FV rooms are double occupancy only)) still puts us more than that.

Not toddlers

Hi Fish Lover, would you by any chance know how old the children would have to be? I have sent my TA an e-mail asking her to check with CEL if this arrangement can be done (and also, on another poster's suggestion, whether they would allow my child access to Luminae if she were booked into an inside with the other adult which would save me some money) but wonder if others have experience in this. Thanks!

They do have stickers since some buy the packages onboard. They can also make a new card with the package code on it.

Thanks Charles, perhaps a trip to guest services would be in order when we board. The cruise is still some ways away (in 2018 LOL) so hopefully there will be clarity one way or other in the next 18 months.

Thanks Charles, perhaps a trip to guest services would be in order when we board. The cruise is still some ways away (in 2018 LOL) so hopefully there will be clarity one way or other in the next 18 months.

Since you are in a Suite you might discuss all this with the suite concierge onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are in a Suite you might discuss all this with the suite concierge onboard.

We might although I was hoping for precedence (not that it indicates anything but at least it would be comforting to know someone's done it before). I will wait for my TA to reply later today when she opens for business to see if she can switch names around or something. At the end of the day, it is not a deal breaker by any means - was just hoping to be able to make use of a perk that was included in our fare.

My TA checked with Celebrity and they will not allow the two children to be booked into a room without an adult as they are way too young (very responsible of Celebrity I would say!). So no way for the adult to be in our cabin. However, thanks to the posters on this thread, I did enquire and TA confirmed that my child could be the second passenger in the inside cabin and still eat with us in Luminae at no cost. So we are transferring one of them to the inside cabin and this will save us about US$1000 nett (after taking into account the reduction in the TA's OBC). Thank you! :D

Great! :)

Now if the other occupant of the Inside wishes to join you in Luminae one evening, or even breakfast or lunch, you can use some of your savings to treat them. :)

LOL indeed! She's not a fan of sit-down restaurants in general (she's done Coastal Kitchen, MDR and most of the specialty dining restaurants on RCL but it will be her first time on Celebrity) but maybe there will be a menu that suits her fancy.