Curacao and Aruba

Hi, really need help. Leaving for 10 day cruise in March on the Adventure of the seas. We will be in Curacao and Aruba from 8am to 10pm, our first time to these ports. We would like to possibly beach/shop during the day, return to ship, clean up and go back out for dinner.

2 big questions, what beach would you suggest and how to get there, we do not snorkel. And restaurants that are fun, possibly on the beach or beach view, with or without entertainment. Since this our first time, restaurants that aren't to far from cruise port. Don't want to miss ship, LOL.

Hi, really need help. Leaving for 10 day cruise in March on the Adventure of the seas. We will be in Curacao and Aruba from 8am to 10pm, our first time to these ports. We would like to possibly beach/shop during the day, return to ship, clean up and go back out for dinner.

2 big questions, what beach would you suggest and how to get there, we do not snorkel. And restaurants that are fun, possibly on the beach or beach view, with or without entertainment. Since this our first time, restaurants that aren't to far from cruise port. Don't want to miss ship, LOL.

I can help you with aruba:

Speak to some of the crew as to the cost and where to get the public bus to go to Eagle Beach or Palm Beach (they are next to each other).

As for someplace good and fun for a quick bite, there is a bar/restaurant near the port called Iguana Joe's. We had gone there for appetizers and drinks (oh, yeah, and dessert). To this day my wife still refers to their Key Lime Pie as one of the best she has ever had.

Steve

Another vote for Eagle or Palm Beaches in Aruba. You can catch the #10 bus from the terminal more or less across the street from the cruise port. Here's a map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=12.560428000000009%2C-70.037327&spn=0.083777%2C0.137157&t=m&msa=0&z=13&source=embed&ie=UTF8&mid=1f_5yDNjret3BvHFjqQeK6zoQPkM

For more information on times and prices, go to airbus.com

For Curaçao, I highly recommend renting a car. Avis has an office right at the port and if you get back after they are closed, you can just drop it off in the secure port area before reboarding the ship. Renting will give you a chance to see a bit more of the island, and there are some wonderful beaches further afield.

For dinner in Aruba I did Barefoot Beach (pictures and review in link) after reading many reviews here on cruise critic. Extremely easy to get to, close to pier, cheap taxi ride, one of my favorite memories on that Adventure cruise just 5 months ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50997194&highlight=barefoot#post50997194

As far as your 1st time in Aruba, in my humble opinion I respectfully say that you will do yourself a massive disservice by sitting around at a beach for 8 hours your very first time there. If interested, scroll back through the above review link and see what Aruba really has to offer. Again, just my humble opinion.

Big & little Klein Knip (Kenapa Beach) in Curacao are two of the highest rated beaches. I only had time for little Klein and had wished I had gone to Big Klein (although little was just gorgeous in it's own right!). You need a rental car to go there.

Have an excellent cruise! :D

Cruise Critic forum for Aruba

Cruise Critic forum for Curaçao

Another vote for Eagle or Palm Beaches in Aruba. You can catch the #10 bus from the terminal more or less across the street from the cruise port. Here's a map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=12.560428000000009%2C-70.037327&spn=0.083777%2C0.137157&t=m&msa=0&z=13&source=embed&ie=UTF8&mid=1f_5yDNjret3BvHFjqQeK6zoQPkM

For more information on times and prices, go to airbus.com

For Curaçao, I highly recommend renting a car. Avis has an office right at the port and if you get back after they are closed, you can just drop it off in the secure port area before reboarding the ship. Renting will give you a chance to see a bit more of the island, and there are some wonderful beaches further afield.

I'm not sure if it's me or my spell checker, but that should read http://arubus.com (not "airbus").

Cruise Critic forum for Aruba

Cruise Critic forum for Curaçao

To get opinions from LOTS of others who have actually been on cruises to these ports, you'll find checking out the above to be most helpful. :)

Also noting both are very good port stops that we've enjoyed multi times with LOTS of options for cruisers.

Edited by OCruisers

Any beach in Aruba is great.

My current favorite restaurant in Aruba is Yemanja. It is not on the beach, but the food is wonderful. It is a wood-fired grill restaurant, you can get pretty much anything from steaks to seafood. It is within walking distance of the ship. http://www.yemanja-aruba.com

No matter what you do, you will have a great time.

Carol

In Aruba we ate dinner at a seafood restaurant name "Pinchos". It is on a pier over the water next to a beach and it is walking distance from the cruise terminal or 5 to 10 minutes by taxi. Great Seafood, Great view of the sunset. There are pictures and a review on page 5 of my review of Adventure Of The Seas below. :cool:

http://www.pinchosaruba.com/

I vote for renting a car also on Curaçao. We rented right at the foot of the pier and drove to Mambo Beach. It is the most beautiful beach. Driving the island is easy and just keep the water to your right or left (depending on leaving or returning) and you can't get lost.