Residency Discount removed after booking?

Scottee25

I booked a cruise back in mid September saling end of April '17. I have been making monthly payments on the cruise so that it will be paid off by the final payment date on January 30, 2017. So I log in the other night to make another payment. At first everything looks ok with my reservation but after navigating to the Payments tab on Royal's website, a non-descriptive error appears at the top of the page. I click on the Overview tab and my outstanding balance has jumped $1,200. When I look at the invoice that was emailed to me last month when I made my last payment I can see all the discounts that are applied. The new balance seems to be ignoring our residency discount. I am sure once I call Royal all this will eventually be worked out but I am curious if anyone has ever had something like this occur to them before? If so, was the resolution with Royal pretty painless? Any words of wisdom you could share?

I booked a cruise back in mid September saling end of April '17. I have been making monthly payments on the cruise so that it will be paid off by the final payment date on January 30, 2017. So I log in the other night to make another payment. At first everything looks ok with my reservation but after navigating to the Payments tab on Royal's website, a non-descriptive error appears at the top of the page. I click on the Overview tab and my outstanding balance has jumped $1,200. When I look at the invoice that was emailed to me last month when I made my last payment I can see all the discounts that are applied. The new balance seems to be ignoring our residency discount. I am sure once I call Royal all this will eventually be worked out but I am curious if anyone has ever had something like this occur to them before? If so, was the resolution with Royal pretty painless? Any words of wisdom you could share?

Don't stew over it. Just call Crown and Anchor in the morning. 800-526-9723

Thank you for the info. I will give them a call in the morning. I was hoping the issue would fix itself if I gave it a couple of days but apparently it didn't :)

You will have to call whoever booked your cruise to fix this. Happens often enough that it's reported here around once a week.

I booked the cruise myself so I will have to reach out to Royal myself. Curious why this issue happens with such frequency?

You will have to call whoever booked your cruise to fix this. Happens often enough that it's reported here around once a week.

What they said. They fixed it easily for me.

... I booked the cruise myself so I will have to reach out to Royal myself. Curious why this issue happens with such frequency?

This "bug" has been around since at least 2014. I have no doubt the company is aware of it. I suspect that since it tends to add to their profits, they have little incentive to fix it.

This "bug" has been around since at least 2014. I have no doubt the company is aware of it. I suspect that since it tends to add to their profits, they have little incentive to fix it.

I wonder how quickly the "bug" would be exterminated if it favored the customer? I suspect a lot quicker than what it took to get rid of the cockroaches on Empress.

And unfortunately it will NOT fix it self. I have wondered if there have been any cases of people having their bookings cancelled due to not realizing that it happens. They think they are paid in full but the discount comes off for whatever reason that it does. I am sure most non CC folks don't check their bookings like some of us do (No comment Bob or Ken;))

Edited by molly361

And unfortunately it will NOT fix it self. I have wondered if there have been any cases of people having their bookings cancelled due to not realizing that it happens. They think they are paid in full but the discount comes off for whatever reason that it does. I am sure most non CC folks don't check their bookings like some of us do (No comment Bob or Ken;))

That is why I print everything....the proof is in the printing.

When we boarded Oasis on 18th, I went to Hospitality Desk to complete my choices/times/restaurants for the 3 night "Chef's Table Package" I purchased and paid for in June.

I was told there is no such thing as "Chef's Table Package" which included Chef's Table, Chops Grille and 150 Central Park. I said, "Just a Minute," and handed them my printed copy of what I had purchased. Man said, "I am the manager of Costal Kitchen and there is no such package." He then called someone on his phone and after speaking to them, told the girl to book me on the day I wanted. If I had not had my printed proof, I would have been out of luck.

I have had a few computer (garbage in / garbage out) issues with bookings over the years but my printed copy always came to the rescue.

Hope you enjoyed Oasis.

Good news is that when I called this morning, the issue was corrected in a couple of minutes. My current invoices no longer reflect the residency discount but the passenger fare has been reduced. I wonder if this is just their work around so that the problem doesn't occur again for this passenger?

Good news is that when I called this morning, the issue was corrected in a couple of minutes. My current invoices no longer reflect the residency discount but the passenger fare has been reduced. I wonder if this is just their work around so that the problem doesn't occur again for this passenger?

Could be. That's happened to us before when we had a senior price and balcony discount that went away. They just sent the problem to Resolutions who set the price to specific amounts that included the discounts, but had no separate line items for the discounts.

I suspect it is the same theory as the after-the-fact additions of $12 to so many on-board accounts for erroneous mini bar charges - those of us who stay informed and pay attention to detail have the discrepancies corrected while the uninformed or unobservant just pay.

I suspect it is the same theory as the after-the-fact additions of $12 to so many on-board accounts for erroneous mini bar charges - those of us who stay informed and pay attention to detail have the discrepancies corrected while the uninformed or unobservant just pay.

Hospitals do the same thing with erroneous charges and for a lot more than 12 bucks (and no mini bar)!

That is why I print everything....the proof is in the printing.

When we boarded Oasis on 18th, I went to Hospitality Desk to complete my choices/times/restaurants for the 3 night "Chef's Table Package" I purchased and paid for in June.

I was told there is no such thing as "Chef's Table Package" which included Chef's Table, Chops Grille and 150 Central Park. I said, "Just a Minute," and handed them my printed copy of what I had purchased. Man said, "I am the manager of Costal Kitchen and there is no such package." He then called someone on his phone and after speaking to them, told the girl to book me on the day I wanted. If I had not had my printed proof, I would have been out of luck.

I have had a few computer (garbage in / garbage out) issues with bookings over the years but my printed copy always came to the rescue.

Hope you enjoyed Oasis.

I was wondering how that worked out. Thanks for the update. :)

Whatever gave you the idea we would comment on that statement.;):)