Port Everglades baggage drop question

Optotronics

We are going on our first cruise Sunday on the regal princess.

Flying in the day before. Just found out the wife's parents are going to drive in from Orlando to visit and stay Saturday night with us.

My question is, would it be possible for father-in-law and I to drop off our baggage at the port, then leave port, pickup the girls and go out for breakfast then return at check in time? If yes, how early can luggage be dropped off at princess?

Edited by Optotronics
Spelling

Flying in the day before. Just found out the wife's parents are going to drive in from Orlando to visit and stay Saturday night with us.

My question is, would it be possible for father-in-law and I to drop off our baggage at the port, then leave port, pickup the girls and go out for breakfast then return at check in time? If yes, how early can luggage be dropped off at princess?

We always arrive around 9 and they are usually taking luggage.

The latest was 9:30.

Have you considered surprising them with a visit onboard? I think it's called BVE. Allows them to go onboard, eat lunch and look around the ship. Your travel agent or Princess rep could give you the cost and details. Everyone seems to enjoy the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you considered surprising them with a visit onboard? I think it's called BVE. Allows them to go onboard, eat lunch and look around the ship. Your travel agent or Princess rep could give you the cost and details. Everyone seems to enjoy the day.

That would be great, but as luck would have it we are on Baja deck and the email we received says that check in / boarding for Baja deck is 2:30:( very last and I don't think it would leave much time if any for them to have lunch. Do you think we could get a earlier boarding if we got them this BVE?

That would be great, but as luck would have it we are on Baja deck and the email we received says that check in / boarding for Baja deck is 2:30:( very last and I don't think it would leave much time if any for them to have lunch. Do you think we could get a earlier boarding if we got them this BVE?

The boarding times are a suggestion. Boarding usually starts around Noon.

They usually take your luggage about 915-930.

Thanks everyone.

One last question, if we can get in early and do the BVE for the in laws, is there free temporary/ short term parking at the port or will they need to pay for a full days parking to spend an hour or two checking out the ship?

No free parking that I know of.

BVE gets on early, around 11:30 or so, depending on when the ship is cleared. When you invite people to do the BVE you get on with them. They get a lunch with wine, tour and photo for $29 each and that amount can be applied to a future booking. Plenty of parking across 17th street or in metered lots under the bridge, assuming you don't mind a 10 minute walk and you are at the normal Princess terminal.

Three comments:

The staggered boarding is a suggestion. You are not held to that time.

BVE passengers and their sponsors, you, will be the first to board.

Parking at the port cost $6 for up to 5 hours and $15 for full day. Not really such a big amount for being right next to the pier.

Have you considered surprising them with a visit onboard? I think it's called BVE. Allows them to go onboard, eat lunch and look around the ship. Your travel agent or Princess rep could give you the cost and details. They only allow 50 BVEs per cruise. If you want to do it, call Princess ASAP. The BVE fills out the same info on the Personalizer as a regular passenger.

BVE gets on early, around 11:30 or so, depending on when the ship is cleared. When you invite people to do the BVE you get on with them. They get a lunch with wine, tour and photo for $29 each and that amount can be applied to a future booking. Plenty of parking across 17th street or in metered lots under the bridge, assuming you don't mind a 10 minute walk and you are at the normal Princess terminal.

It's $39pp and the fee becomes a credit if the BVE books a cruise within 90 days. It's a win/win. :D

See above.

It's $39pp and the fee becomes a credit if the BVE books a cruise within 90 days. It's a win/win. :D

See above.

It's a great deal if you live in the vicinity of the local pier. I would do it all the time when getting ready to book another trip but it's not worth the price considering how far I would have to drive.

We really enjoyed our BVE last month on the Regal. There was a separate line for BVE passengers--although we did not see it until we got to the door. We waited in the preferred line instead. The future cruise consultant met us right after we checked in--she was waiting for us and another person doing a BVE. For our date, there were only three BVE passengers. The other person did not show up by the time the ship cleared, so we got a private tour from the future cruise consultant. It was a great experience. Even if we don't book a cruise within the 90 days, I think it was worth it.

Thanks everyone.

One last question, if we can get in early and do the BVE for the in laws, is there free temporary/ short term parking at the port or will they need to pay for a full days parking to spend an hour or two checking out the ship?

There is no free parking.

There is hourly / daily parking in each garage.

(no difference in spaces, just the price for how long you stay)

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/parking-rates/

There is no free parking.

There is hourly / daily parking in each garage.

(no difference in spaces, just the price for how long you stay)

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/parking-rates/

There's no free parking inside the port but if your ship is at term 2 or 4 you always have the option of parking in one of the parking lots on 17th street & walking a short distance.

I did call princess yesterday morning and was told the request for BVE must be submitted at least 7 days prior to departure. No big deal, maybe next time.

I think the BVE is a great idea and they should really promote it in some way... I never heard of it before the other day.