Tipping Question - breakfast items?

ChuckinSC

Concerning breakfast items delivered to the stateroom. Is there a place to include a tip on the paperwork? More importantly, do you think the staff prefers cash tips or does adding it to the order summary work just as well? Thanks!!!!

Concerning breakfast items delivered to the stateroom. Is there a place to include a tip on the paperwork? More importantly, do you think the staff prefers cash tips or does adding it to the order summary work just as well? Thanks!!!!

The only place I have seen a spot to add a tip was on a receipt for a purchased item from RS and not with food ordered from the RS menu or breakfast order card.

We always bring a bunch of ones and fives for RS.

They appreciate cash.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The only place I have seen a spot to add a tip was on a receipt for a purchased item from RS and not with food ordered from the RS menu or breakfast order card.

We always bring a bunch of ones and fives for RS.

They appreciate cash.

Same as us.

I recall on one Princess cruise many years ago (could have been on the CB in 2007?) when we ordered breakfast with the hangtag we were given a chit for $0.00 to sign which did have a line for writing in a gratuity to be charged to the cabin. Which is exactly what it did since I was in my sleeping attire and my wallet was in the safe.

Is that line still there today? Very likely, but also very likely that they no longer bother asking for your signature on small no-charge orders. And from then on I made sure I have some small bills always at hand.

When room service provides items that are included in your cruise fare (like the breakfast card items), you still get a form to sign for delivery. On that form is a place for a tip if you wish to include one. We used to add the tip there until we realized that cash is a better way to go. We'll still add a tip on the card if we've planned poorly and are out of reasonably sized bills.

Of course you can tip again but you've already tipped for all food services including room service in your daily auto gratuity.

I always give them $2.00 for the service, I'm sure they appreciate it and it makes me feel good doing it because I know how hard they work to take care of us all on vacation. I just put myself in there place and know I would appreciate it knowing that this person acknowledge my service to them.

I always give them $2.00 for the service, I'm sure they appreciate it and it makes me feel good doing it because I know how hard they work to take care of us all on vacation. I just put myself in there place and know I would appreciate it knowing that this person acknowledge my service to them.

Exactly....they earn it 10 fold. :)

Our room service gal was wonderful. When I arrived home I wondered where she was at 7:30 a.m., but for some strange reason she did not want to be adopted by a middle aged couple from North Carolina. I hope that she is doing well with the Princess line.

I recall on one Princess cruise many years ago (could have been on the CB in 2007?) when we ordered breakfast with the hangtag we were given a chit for $0.00 to sign which did have a line for writing in a gratuity to be charged to the cabin. Which is exactly what it did since I was in my sleeping attire and my wallet was in the safe. I'm maybe a little OCD, I get the tip out when I first get up in the AM

Is that line still there today?Yes...Crown Oct/Nov and Star Dec Very likely, but also very likely that they no longer bother asking for your signature on small no-charge orders. They still ask for a signature.

RS is "no charge" (except for the pizza), but I'm pretty sure the reason they ask for a signature is to prevent the complaint of "no one showed up".

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Cash makes everyone happy!! :) :)

Tony

We actually use room service more than we ever expect. I always bring a bunch of singles on a cruise and put a couple of dollars down with every arrival. Most of our room service orders are things like coffee and juice or a breakfast card order. I generally put down $2 on those. If we are ordering whole meals for the two of us I'll up that to $4 or 5. It is a lot easier to tip this way, and doesn't mess up the onboard account with a lot of little charges that I loose track of until the bill comes.