Are the best cabin stewards assigned to JS and above?

Hi [emoji3]

I honestly believe that you might get a bad or good cabin steward no matter the deck or cabin you have. On the other hand a friend of mine is telling that those employee that don't have experience or don't get an excellent review the company will never assign them a junior suite or above[emoji184]

For my upcoming cruise I have the option to book my interior cabin in front of a Grand Suite or Superior balcony[emoji568]

I think he has a point, what's your opinion?[emoji404]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi [emoji3]

I honestly believe that you might get a bad or good cabin steward no matter the deck or cabin you have. On the other hand a friend of mine is telling that those employee that don't have experience or don't get an excellent review the company will never assign them a junior suite or above[emoji184]

For my upcoming cruise I have the option to book my interior cabin in front of a Grand Suite or Superior balcony[emoji568]

I think he has a point, what's your opinion?[emoji404]

You would want to believe that but we had a very mediocre one in a JS on Allure and a downright hostile one in a JS on Adventure who skipped cleaning our room for two days and made it clear that it was too much trouble to come down the hall to our JS since all the rest of her cabins were at the other end

Sorry but your friend may be basing his/her experience on their particular cabin steward....We have sailed many times booking in JS - RFS and the service has varied and sometimes greatly...it's just luck.

You would want to believe that but we had a very mediocre one in a JS on Allure and a downright hostile one in a JS on Adventure who skipped cleaning our room for two days and made it clear that it was too much trouble to come down the hall to our JS since all the rest of her cabins were at the other end

Wow! I've never removed tips or withheld tips in previous system. This would probably make it a first time for me to do that.

NO...the "best" isn't assigned by category. I can guarantee that! You get what you get.

Some are good, some are bad..some are good, but invisible...that's extra-special, IMO! I don't need to "make friends" with my housekeeper....just keep my cabin nice., and I'm happy, and their tip will reflect that. No need to chat...or share photos of grandkids...or whatever it is that many folks seem to find appropriate.

Wow! I've never removed tips or withheld tips in previous system. This would probably make it a first time for me to do that.

Nor had we ever done that until then. We actually tipped her the first day as she told us the "rules" which were her times off (don't call) and that if our make up the room sign is not on the door, don't expect her to come there. The only towel animal was a scorpion out of washcloths. She became a laughing matter to us but we got the last laugh with no tip. And yes, we did call Hotel Services and the manager told us that we had a substitute the two days the room wasn't cleaned because she hadn't shown up for work. Say what????? We are on a freakin ship , did she go over board? LOL

Honestly, the worst cabin steward that we ever had was when we had a Grand Suite! She was rude, inefficient and never did what we requested the first time. She got nothing besides the prepaid gratuity from us. You would think that they would assign more seasoned staff to the suites, but I don't think it's happening.

Stewards have the same skill sets, just different attitude. Be good to them, and they will also be good to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That works in theory. However, steward from hell was just plain miserable with an attitude. We tipped her immediately and all we asked for all week was extra towels, full ice bucket and wine glasses

I disagree. Our last cruise in a JS on Liberty, we had a very nice but clueless young man. We asked him for toiletries. He responded with, toilet? Problem?

We eventually had that sorted out.

We asked him for the wash & fold laundry bag. He brought the regular laundry bag.

Nice young man. We just weren't very impressed. We prepay gratuities, and just didn't leave anything extra as we sometimes do.

Edited by Coralc

Our worst cabin steward was in an Owner's Suite. We followed all the proper channels up to Miami. Everyone followed the company line. Our TA was even involved. When we realized nothing was going to change, we just worked around the cabin steward. About three weeks later there was a post here on CC about this very same cabin steward. I could have written the post! This told me RCCL wasn't interested in solving this problem. This is the only complaint we ever made about a cabin steward. I don't see any difference in stewards from inside to Royal Suites...some are excellent, some average and one was terrible.

We now usually cruise in Grand Suites and have had nothing but stellar service. However, keep in mind that there's often inside cabins across the hall from GS's and the same Steward is responsible for both.

Only bad steward we ever had was on Princess. We found out that our cruise was his last and he didn't care anymore.