Sure wish Carnival would offer more solo cruiser rates!

Galleon1234

I like to cruise more than my husband. I really do not want to share a cabin with a friend. Sure wish Carnival would offer more solo cruiser rates. We do not want to pay double.

I know it is for Carnivals bottom line, but their ships are not always full. As a stock holder in Carnival it would be nice to have this perk.

Anyone else agree?

A couple of years ago, Carnival was having some decent solo rates... Now, not so much. I have been enjoying NCL's solo cabins with included Ultimate Beverage Package in the mean time. My upcoming solo cruise on the Vista is running me $1,430 before the addition of the Cheers package, which will bring it to $1,880, for an inside cabin... Where as, my upcoming cruise on the NCL Escape is costing me $1,250 total, including beverage package... A $630 difference for sailing the 2 different line's newest ships...

Also, someone mentioned double points... NCL gives 2 points per night if you book 9 months out, 3 points per night if it's a Latitudes Insider Offer...

Edited by sid_9169

Back in the day, Carnival offered 150% fares on the 1As for solos - loved it. Those days are over, and I cruise on Carnival a lot less. Why should I pay double on Carnival when I can get a 140-175% fare on another more upscale line, which ends up being less than Carnival's double fare? At least Princess gives me double points.

Roz

I cruise solo and I usually look at daily rate, and if that fits into my budget. Other cruise lines offer better perks for solo's like double points or single deposits. Watch other lines for deals. I just booked 2 RCI cruises (1 isn't solo) and every 3rd day was free. My cruise in Sept. gets me 14 cruise days and came in at $150 per day, which I think is a decent solo fare.

Lots of folks propose those 100 sq. ft. inside cabins on NCL as a solution, but being crammed into a space so small would drive me nuts. What? Single people don't deserve to move around or breathe?

Roz

I like to cruise more than my husband. I really do not want to share a cabin with a friend. Sure wish Carnival would offer more solo cruiser rates. We do not want to pay double.

I know it is for Carnivals bottom line, but their ships are not always full. As a stock holder in Carnival it would be nice to have this perk.

Anyone else agree?

No.

You can always sail with NCL as they have single cabins available.

When Carnival decided to end the solo 150% rates, I was forced to check out other lines.

Since then, I have had wonderful cruises on both NCL and Celebrity for fares comparable or less than what Carnival now charges us solos.

Had Carnival not done away with the 150% fares, I wouldn't have known what I was missing! It is an eye opener to experience how other lines operate. Some things the same, but the differences are telling. I'm Diamond with Carnival, but if I see a fare on Celebrity or NCL that's similar to Carnival, I'll book the other line!

Right now NCL is the winner for solo rates. I do not cruise for "points", so not any issue to me. But, I won't pay the rates posted above- ever- for short, lacking cruise itineraries. :)

I don't find the "single" cabins of NCL a good deal- barely any savings, and rather- late book for the real savings- which has been significant for my travels. I have yet to pay any double fares and don't plan on doing so. :)

This is something I have dealt with since I started cruising, my first cruise was a great deal, solo oceanview, I didnt know it was a solo sale at the time, but than I was hooked and just dealt with paying carnival's non solo friendly rates since, I have tried NCL with a solo cabin+free beverage package, and when I first tried NCL, the price difference between them and Carnival was almost $800 when the cheers package was factored in, whereas NCL i got it for free.

First preference is and always will be Carnival for me because I love the alchemy bar, comedy and a party/fun ship atmosphere but NCL had its pros as well, hopefully Carnival becomes more solo friendly with some sales etc.

Anyone else agree?

Totally agree but Carnival is very GREEDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So have ever your asked your leadership for decrease in your salary as opposed to a salary increase? If it is the latter, then you are also a greedy, using your standards.

Totally agree but Carnival is very GREEDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!