Why not just get rid of "Chic Night"?

jsf

It looks like I'm in a minority but I actually agree with you and don't find the term 'dress like bums' at all offensive. Everyone seems be want to be offended by something nowadays and some people really need to chill out a bit.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You don't find the phrase "dress like bums" offensive because you dont think it applies to you. If you felt that phrase was being directed towards you or your family you might think otherwise. Its just a form of bullying, if you're comfortable with that ....

You don't find the phrase "dress like bums" offensive because you dont think it applies to you. If you felt that phrase was being directed towards you or your family you might think otherwise. Its just a form of bullying, if you're comfortable with that ....

Yes. You nailed that. Thanks.

As for keeping formal nights, they are gone and that train has left the station. It is not coming back.

You, the OP, and anyone else who love the formal costume parties, most people don't, and didn't take a cruise for the costume parties. If that is your hobby there is a cruise line for that....Cunard. I have been on Cunard and it fits you and the other persons dress desires.

Wow, a bit harsh don't you think ? You must be with the "costume Police"

As for keeping formal nights, they are gone and that train has left the station. It is not coming back.

You, the OP, and anyone else who love the formal costume parties, most people don't, and didn't take a cruise for the costume parties. If that is your hobby there is a cruise line for that....Cunard. I have been on Cunard and it fits you and the other persons dress desires.

Wow, a bit harsh don't you think ? You must be with the "costume Police"

Why is it harsh? I enjoyed the QM2. It is an ocean liner. It is also somewhat of a museum. The formal dress code makes perfect sense on QM2. I plan to do another crossing sooner or later and absolutely I will pack my tux. If formal means so much to you like you posted then you should be booking Cunard. On a cruise vacation formal wear is not what most passengers want to wear, it was nothing but a costume party on a cruise. A theme night. That is why Celebrity had to adjust. Fighting with passengers over dress is bad business. Formal nights are not coming back. Evening Chic from the three cruises I have been on with it seems to be working. Passengers were dressing nicely whether they had a jacket outfit or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

So far on our 14 day cruise, the pax have been decently dressed. Less tuxes than before, but most making some attempt to not look like a flea market attendee. A few pax in shorts got in the first day. After that the Maitre D has stopped them. One guy did sneak in in a sleeveless t shirt on Chic night. Yeah, I pointed him out to the Maitre D, who made him put on a collared shirt.

You will fine wearing them 'nearly shoes' by the pool or on your balcony.

You are just to cute, adorable I would even go as far to say :) But alas there is no mention of foot wear in the dress code ;)

Edited by bradleyk

You are just to cute, adorable I would even go as far to say :) But alas there is no mention of foot wear in the dress code ;)

Here's a novelty, perhaps they expect common sense to be used.. But then again, perhaps not!

Here's a novelty, perhaps they expect common sense to be used.. But then again, perhaps not!

Were you not aggrieved earlier in the thread about someone not finding your jeans to be acceptable to dinner? Yet you somehow where awarded the foot wear police badge? My, you have climbed the ladder to holier than though quit quickly?

I do surely apologize if my choice of shoes are not to your liking.

... Less tuxes than before, but most making some attempt to not look like a flea market attendee. .... One guy did sneak in in a sleeveless t shirt on Chic night. Yeah, I pointed him out to the Maitre D, ....

Bullying behaviour, not nice

Were you not aggrieved earlier in the thread about someone not finding your jeans to be acceptable to dinner? Yet you somehow where awarded the foot wear police badge? My, you have climbed the ladder to holier than though quit quickly?

Bradley, I am surprised by your response, you obviously feel aggrieved about something????

I did write a longer response to your lies above, but will leave it as I can see you are upset about something and I don't want to add to your woes. It also does nothing to add to the serious posts on this thread.

I wish you well and hope you have a great evening.

I personally think they look fine but they could be seen as flip-flops, which are specifically in the dress code. Why try to be confrontational by making the staff have to consider whether or not this choice is a flip-flop? And will you be prepared with other footwear should they deem them inappropriate?

I personally think they look fine but they could be seen as flip-flops, which are specifically in the dress code. Why try to be confrontational by making the staff have to consider whether or not this choice is a flip-flop? And will you be prepared with other footwear should they deem them inappropriate?

I didn't know that I purchased confrontational foot wear. Oh dear[emoji12] But if the staff have enough time on their hands to check to see if my shoes have a back on them... service must be stellar. All of you crack me up! I guess my wife's tattoos will not be appreciated as well

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

Edited by bradleyk

Not that I care what is on a person's feet, in or out of the MDR:

Those are not flip flops. Flip flops, by definition, are open toed, with a thong between the toes.

The shoes shown by the PP are properly called mules, a french term for a backless, closed toe shoe.

Hey Bradley - wear em with pride. But to forestall the fashion police, wear em into the MDR with pants that hang long in the back. Then they won't risk apoplexy at the sight of your bare heels.

Edited by mom says

Weren't you the guy that started the thread about being worried about not fitting in on a Celebrity cruise? I guess you got over that quite quickly.

We are on the Reflection right now. There are people dressed quite formally (mostly women) and others dressed well, with a bit of sparkle and some wearing basically jeans and tee shirts. No one seems to give a damn what anyone else is wearing.

Everyone needs to calm down.

Mrs DavidYYC.