GTY Suite Upgraded to RS-do we get RS benefits?

michaelsmith007

Looks like we've been extremely lucky/blessed to have been upgraded from GTY Suite to Royal Suite.

Wondering if even though we paid for the GTY Suite do we get all the Royal Suite benefits?

Such as:

Special amenities for Royal Suite include:

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining

Complimentary unlimited Internet access

Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer

Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge

Separate whirlpool bathtub

Whirlpool on private veranda

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers • (beginning January 2016, a choice of spirits or wine)

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Separate living room with dining and sitting area

Two entertainment centers with televisions

Walk-in closet

Beginning January 2016:

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouet

Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise

Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

Edited by michaelsmith007

Great upgrade; congratulations. The only perk you won't receive is the additional Captain's Club points you'd receive if paying full price for the Royal Suite (you will receive points based on the category you actually paid for). Aside from this you'll receive all the Royal Suite perks. Enjoy!

I'm booking a GTY next time:)!

Can you tell me how soon your sailing is?

Congrats and ENJOY!

I did this a couple of years ago. Booked a CS guarantee. There were no CS available and the only suite not sold was one of the PH. Ended up with a CS.

Don't think I saved anything as what I paid was mostly the cost of a CS.

Looks like we've been extremely lucky/blessed to have been upgraded from GTY Suite to Royal Suite.

Wondering if even though we paid for the GTY Suite do we get all the Royal Suite benefits?

Such as:

Special amenities for Royal Suite include:

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining

Complimentary unlimited Internet access

Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer

Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge

Separate whirlpool bathtub

Whirlpool on private veranda

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers • (beginning January 2016, a choice of spirits or wine)

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Separate living room with dining and sitting area

Two entertainment centers with televisions

Walk-in closet

Beginning January 2016:

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouet

Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise

Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

Sincere best wishes on your upgrade! Still waiting to get one! We have, however, cruised RS on many occasions and can confirm you are in for a great time!

Some of the perks we really enjoyed were the in room bar set up and the unlimited speciality dining....Enjoy!

A number of posters in the past, I am included in the group, have said that new cruisers tend to get the upgrades, not very loyal cruisers. Just out of curiosity: How many times have you cruised with Celebrity?

A number of posters in the past, I am included in the group, have said that new cruisers tend to get the upgrades, not very loyal cruisers. Just out of curiosity: How many times have you cruised with Celebrity?

We were at 8 cruises (now 13) at the time with no cruises with other lines since we found Celebrity. We have another 4 booked with 2 more that are likely to be booked on board next month. I am quite sure that the PH was touted around all the Royal suites and probably the Celebrity Suites to see if they would pay anything extra to upgrade.

Our room was only allocated a few days before the cruise (we were on the Reflection for a week before the cruise)

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

We are at 13 cruises with no cruises with other lines since we found Celebrity. We have another 4 booked with 2 more that are likely to be booked on board next month. I am quite sure that the PH was touted around all the Royal suites and probably the Celebrity Suites to see if they would pay anything extra to upgrade.

Our room was only allocated a few days before the cruise (we were on the Reflection for a week before the cruise)

Did you book and Guarantee and receive an upgrade?

Did you book and Guarantee and receive an upgrade?

I am sure that I booked early, when the cruises were released, and then, as I did at that time switch rooms when offers were available.

I am sure tea we started in AQ in one of the largest balconies on the hump and I saw the guarantee around a few weeks of the cruise and jumped at it.

Great upgrade; congratulations. The only perk you won't receive is the additional Captain's Club points you'd receive if paying full price for the Royal Suite (you will receive points based on the category you actually paid for). Aside from this you'll receive all the Royal Suite perks. Enjoy!

Can you confirm that is the case with the captains club points? I know it's the case with the paid reduced cost upgrade as part of captains club roulette.

But since you booked a "W" suite gty you are not necessarily booking S2/S1.

I really liked it before when you received the points for the category you sailed!

I'm sure you are right that it will only be 8 pts per day but just looking for confirmation.

From everything I know, you only get the points for the cabin you actually paid for with this; however, you really got a fantastic deal. I have had one pretty good deal too! So, I really doubt that this will come around again. I have been under the impression that they try to upsell the cabins first if they can. Things change do to the number of guarantees, along with other factors...enjoy and congratulations!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Can you confirm that is the case with the captains club points? I know it's the case with the paid reduced cost upgrade as part of captains club roulette.

But since you booked a "W" suite gty you are not necessarily booking S2/S1.

I really liked it before when you received the points for the category you sailed!

I'm sure you are right that it will only be 8 pts per day but just looking for confirmation.

Yes, recent first hand experience with this. Whatever the lowest category you could receive with a guarantee is the category for which you receive Captain's Club points regardless of what category you are actually assigned. Recently lucked out with the Penthouse on Summit as an upgrade off a guanrantee; I received all Penthouse perks other than Captain's Club points.

Yes, recent first hand experience with this. Whatever the lowest category you could receive with a guarantee is the category for which you receive Captain's Club points regardless of what category you are actually assigned. Recently lucked out with the Penthouse on Summit as an upgrade off a guanrantee; I received all Penthouse perks other than Captain's Club points.

Oh thats terrible for you.

You paid $ and received $$$ and you feel stiffed on the points that you didn't pay for. Hmmm

Edited by Adidas4fun

I am sure that I booked early, when the cruises were released, and then, as I did at that time switch rooms when offers were available.

I am sure tea we started in AQ in one of the largest balconies on the hump and I saw the guarantee around a few weeks of the cruise and jumped at it.

I just re read the above. We originally booked a hump AQ room shortly after they went on sale. When Luminae was announced I changed it (and all my other AQ bookings) to S1 cabins. Shortly before the cruise - around 5 or six weeks out, I noticed that there was only a PH suite left and they were offering a CS guarantee which, as there were no CS or RS available, I went for it. When I changed the booking I paid what I would have paid for a CS anyway and I fully expected Celebrity to offer the PH to other RS and then CS suite bookings at a discount on the full price.

We were not assigned the room until a few days before the cruise.

Congrats! We booked a Suite Gty and got what we expected a S2. Maybe next time;)

Don't book a guaranty based on the apparent lack of cabins in the category you paid for and the surfeit of cabins in the higher categories. We regularly book guarantees and have done very well with them but somehow Celebrity always came up with a cabin in our category, even when none was showing when we booked. If the OP got an RS, he is luckier than we.

We have taken 26 cruises on Celebrity, and although we do cruise on other lines, I suspect Celebrity counts us in the "Hooked" column.

Edited by BosoxI

You paid $ and received $$$ and you feel stiffed on the points that you didn't pay for. Hmmm

I read no complaint in Gonzo's post. He was factually answering a question that was posed to him directly.

Wow. Did you read the rest of the thread before jumping to conclusions on Gonzo's reply?

There has been quite a lengthy conversation on whether or not the Captains Club points received on an upgraded cabin correspond to the booked/paid for cabin category or the actual/upgraded one. He was just providing an answer to those who asked for verification.

Looking for an argument? Hmmm

Thanks. That was the question I asked and you provided first hand knowledge. I wasn't looking for more.

I was made aware of the captains club point thing about 4 years ago when I booked a balcony GTY at a very good price. Celebrity called and offered me a paid upgrade to a RS. The money paid to upgrade was 2x the original balcony GTY price. After sailing they awarded me only the balcony points. I called captains club and asked about it and they came back and said yes that was a significant upgrade price and gave me the RS points.

Now that they have formalized the Captains Club paid upsell program I would have been aware of the policy and wouldn't have expected the additional points.

They really should add a footnote on the web page where they describe the points awarded for the various categories clarifying the upgrade (and GTY) policy.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Don't book a guaranty based on the apparent lack of cabins in the category you paid for and the surfeit of cabins in the higher categories. We regularly book guarantees and have done very well with them but somehow Celebrity always came up with a cabin in our category, even when none was showing when we booked. If the OP got an RS, he is luckier than we.

We have taken 26 cruises on Celebrity, and although we do cruise on other lines, I suspect Celebrity counts us in the "Hooked" column.

Based on my experience your suggestion is a good one. I was booked in an S1 in my desired corner location. I saw that there was a Suite GTY and only CS and RS cabins showing available. I really did not want a CS or to risk losing my S1, so I called the Captain Club concerning a possible paid upgrade to a RS. They called the associated department and offered me a reduced cost upgrade to a RS. It was not as cheap as the Suite GTY, but less than the listed RS price. The offer was in the middle of the two prices and I took it.

The first time I cruised in a suite it was via an upgrade to a Suite GTY for very little. I was assigned a S2. It was a great experience, but now we are spoiled and it has cost me a lot of money since then on suites.

I hear you about the great suite upgrade and being spoiled; that describes us too!

Good information is just that...good information...I saw no intent, but just good information from Gonzo as stated many posts above[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums