Adding kids to existing all paid booking?

Maralya

Hi, I can't call my travel agent today, and I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how it works: I have a cruise booked for February, a balcony cabin for 2. Is it possible to add our 2 kids to the booking? How would it work? Or must we "cancel" and book again = double the cost? Anyone knows? I'd like to know what to expect! Thanks a lot!!

You should be able to add them to the current booking at the current price for 3rd and 4th passengers. The rest of your booking will remain unaffected. The cabin will need to have a sofa bed or Pullman beds in order to accommodate the extra people. It should, but if it does not it may be possible to switch cabins then add the additional people.

Hi, I can't call my travel agent today, and I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how it works: I have a cruise booked for February, a balcony cabin for 2. Is it possible to add our 2 kids to the booking? How would it work? Or must we "cancel" and book again = double the cost? Anyone knows? I'd like to know what to expect! Thanks a lot!!

If the stateroom has space for 4, then you should be able to add the kids at whatever the current price is for guests 3 and 4. However, if the stateroom does not have room for 4, and there are no open staterooms that hold 4 in your same exact category, then you're in a tough situation because you are past final payment.

If you have an E1 or D1 it will accommodate 3 or 4 depending on the cabin. Then it should be easy to add them. If you have to book a new catagory to add them you will pay the new rate for a different cabin. You can't add them to a cabin that doesn't have the berths. Also if the ship is very full you may not be able to add them because of life boat capacity. Rare in February but could happen.

Is a D6 cabin always a 4-person cabin?

We decided on a couple-only vacation but mommy-guilt is starting to creep up... I'm not sure I hope we can bring them on, or that we have to leave them... We'll see what happens when I can call the travel agent.

Thank you for your quick replies.

Is a D6 cabin always a 4-person cabin?

We decided on a couple-only vacation but mommy-guilt is starting to creep up... I'm not sure I hope we can bring them on, or that we have to leave them... We'll see what happens when I can call the travel agent.

Thank you for your quick replies.

Oh, the heck with "mommy-guilt"! You deserve a kid-free vacation! Leave them with their doting grandparents!

:) :) :)

Hm, just had a look at the deck plan... Not sure I understand correctly. My stateroom is 11268

Oh, the heck with "mommy-guilt"! You deserve a kid-free vacation! Leave them with their doting grandparents!

:) :) :)

Yeah, we had a wonderful week planned for them at their grand-parents' (and they are literally their 2nd set of parents), with a movie, new books every night, a trip to the indoor playground, but my 4 year old told me last night, crying, that it's not fair she's not coming, she wants to go to the beach, and to the kiddie pool, and it's been too long since she was on a cruise ship (2 years). And the worst is, she's right, it's NOT fair. :(

The deck plan indicates 11268 can only hold 2 people.

Ok, so I did understand correctly... I wasn't sure all those staterooms could only hold 2 people, I thought sofa-beds were more frequents. well thanks a lot everybody!

Ok, so I did understand correctly... I wasn't sure all those staterooms could only hold 2 people, I thought sofa-beds were more frequents. well thanks a lot everybody!

Your travel agent will have some options for you. You won't have to cancel, but you will have to upgrade to a different stateroom, and most likely not only pay for the kids, but pay a higher price for your fares too.

I'm not sure if you want to hear it or not but here goes:

There is a balcony guarantee for 4 available on your cruise. $729/pp first and second, $418/pp third and fourth. This is before taxes. It includes a $25/pp OBC for 1 and 2; when I look at it I see $100 off the first person, which includes savings and OBC, so I think it's $50 OBC for the cabin, another $50 off the price for the first fare. Then the 30% off each fare.

Other than that, you'd need to go up to a D2 for the next cheapest price for 4 people. 1 & 2 are $863/pp, 3 and 4 are $418/pp. Again, before taxes. Also has the same calculation as above ($50 OBC for the cabin, another $50 off the first person's rate and 30% off everyone).

Taxes are $152.24/pp.

There are no suites available.

Edited by njmomof2

You might be able to call Royal and ask if your room can hold additional passengers and if your still able to at this time. As earlier mentioned, if the ship is full and the lifeboat assigned to your room is at capacity, then no additional passengers can be added. Hopefully you are able to add your children and enjoy a family cruise.:)

Maralya loose the mommy guilt..cause if Momma ain't happy ain't no body happy!

I could not afford a cruise or a vacation when my son was young but I remember that guilt,whenever I did anything for me.......

You could plan a kids day before you leave...do whatever they like...make you feel better!

Go have fun, reconnect with your partner ,you will come home a better Mother :)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Seriously. It's a life lesson. Sometimes there are family things and sometimes there are parent things.

A four year old can learn.

Yep!:)

Life really is not fair! The sooner a child learns to deal with it, the better their life :)

Son & DIL take a parents vaca every year now , the two year old and the four year old get upset but learn to deal with it ...then have a blast with the Grandparents! :)

Edited by Reader0108598

No, I know that leaving without the kids is good for everyone in the end. But that was before the crying and really heartfelt and genuine sadness of not being able to go when she knows what she's missing out. We're not rich, we were able to cruise 2 years ago, next time may be 2 years from now, and now that she's starting school in September, it will become more difficult to find cheap and interesting cruises when school is off. And we're limited to Cape Liberty or New York for other cruise lines so we're able to drive instead of fly.

It's a difficult decision to accept to make her sad, it's like we're saying no to eating a 3rd dessert or drink wine, it's not like that "can't" come, we "could" have brought them with us like we did years ago.

Anyway... I'll feel better once I know if we even have the option to bring them, otherwise we'll continue to plan their own fun getaway and hope for the best!

Yep!:)

Life really is not fair! The sooner a child learns to deal with it, the better their life :)

Another one who says go and enjoy a kid free week! My kids are all 14+ now, but it was so nice to get away with just DH when they were little (my parents were like a second set of parents). We took our first cruise for our 10th anniversary.

Sadly, my mom passed away last year, my dad has Alzheimer's, but I'm glad we took advantage of having loving caregivers back then, for us, and the kids (who, even as teens, loved to stay with their grandparents.

Your past final payment and since your booked into a 2 person cabin not sure if your going to be able to do anything other than book another room for 2.

Now there are no sleeping police so you can book a inside and all 4 of you might be able to sleep in the balcony but you will need to talk to the room steward about make the sofa into a bed.

There are also muster station constraints if your muster station is full no matter if there are free rooms they can not book them. Lets say Area A muster holds 250 and there are 100 rooms in area A, no matter if they fill up all 100 rooms or 63 (quad occupancy) they can only have 250 lives filling area A. That mostly comes into factor during high quad occupancy times like holidays and spring break when lots of families book.

No, I know that leaving without the kids is good for everyone in the end. But that was before the crying and really heartfelt and genuine sadness of not being able to go when she knows what she's missing out. We're not rich, we were able to cruise 2 years ago, next time may be 2 years from now, and now that she's starting school in September, it will become more difficult to find cheap and interesting cruises when school is off. And we're limited to Cape Liberty or New York for other cruise lines so we're able to drive instead of fly.

It's a difficult decision to accept to make her sad, it's like we're saying no to eating a 3rd dessert or drink wine, it's not like that "can't" come, we "could" have brought them with us like we did years ago.

Anyway... I'll feel better once I know if we even have the option to bring them, otherwise we'll continue to plan their own fun getaway and hope for the best!

Sending you an internet hug from one Mom to anther!

Now Mom, you are teaching her how to deal with life, she is always going to have disappointments. Teach her how to deal and move on!

Not rich here either ,the only way my son went any where when he was young was with the Boys & girls club! I took him to Disney when he was 36 for the first time!!!:D

My kid turned out great ,he is LEO...now a days maybe I should not say that ... :( But So so proud of him and his family!

Anyway she will learn what you teach her! Teach her how to accept dissapointments and bounce back! :)

Mom cut your self a break,you are obviously a good one! :)

Edited by Reader0108598

You might be able to call Royal and ask if your room can hold additional passengers and if your still able to at this time. As earlier mentioned, if the ship is full and the lifeboat assigned to your room is at capacity, then no additional passengers can be added. Hopefully you are able to add your children and enjoy a family cruise.:)

See post #10.

Another one who says go and enjoy a kid free week! My kids are all 14+ now, but it was so nice to get away with just DH when they were little (my parents were like a second set of parents). We took our first cruise for our 10th anniversary.

Sadly, my mom passed away last year, my dad has Alzheimer's, but I'm glad we took advantage of having loving caregivers back then, for us, and the kids (who, even as teens, loved to stay with their grandparents.

Wow mushy here today ....another internet hug going out to you :)

Parents are gone but big sis has Alzheimer's ,no clue where she is any more, hoping when she closes her eyes, she will slip away.:(

In other words life is too short for guilt ..people go have fun when you can!

Sis never went on a cruise,do not believe she ever left our small town!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

I was starting to have some Mommy guilt on my cruise in December but it was a girl's trip so bringing my daughter wasn't an option. She was sad because she's never been on a cruise at all (she's 7).They have to understand that everything is not about them. And she ended up having so much fun with her dad and brother that she hardly missed me. She had more to tell me than I had to tell her! Even if you can take them, I hope you decide to go without them so you and your husband can just be adults, not parents!