3 Blu Questions

Luvcrusn

This is correct. Others suggesting otherwise are simply wrong

That said on chic night you will find almost if not everyone dressed up in both Blu and Luminae. I've never seen anyone who was not suitably attired in either to be honest.

If you go hungry in Blu it's your fat for not ordering enough. However as others have said its not spa food. Portion sizes are adequate.

There are no issues ordering from the MDR menu either

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how I read it: Evening Dress Codes - This for me means the evening on the ship no matter which dining room. Casual is grabbing a meal at the Cafe or pool grill. Blu on Chic nights most if not all dressed a little more formal than other nights on our Bermuda Cruise in August. Its sad people have to be told how to dress. We were also told that we could order from the MDR menu but loved the Blu menu just fine. What makes Blu special is the dining room size and a little more attention. (On the M Class Ships)

Edited by southernbreezes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was what we found on two other cruises in Blu.

HOWEVER, on our TA in October last year we were NOT allowed to order off the MDR menu in Blu on the Equinox.

THAT was an unexpected surprise and NEGATIVE star for the extra money we paid for the Blu dining experience

That was what we found on two other cruises in Blu.

HOWEVER, on our TA in October last year we were NOT allowed to order off the MDR menu in Blu on the Equinox.

THAT was an unexpected surprise and NEGATIVE star for the extra money we paid for the Blu dining experience

There is so much confusion on this issue.

In the past, on some ships, the MDR and Blu share the same galley (or next to each other) and Blu diners were able to order off the MDR menu.

However, now, the ONLY items you can order off the MDR menu are the "daily classics". It is the same set of items offered every single night. They are:

- escargot

- French Onion soup

- Caesar salad

- strip steak

- baked salmon

- baked airline chicken (whatever "airline" is?)

- NY style cheesecake (w/or without strawberry sauce)

- vanilla creme brullee

- choc/vanilla/strawberry ice cream

- chocolate dulce de leche cake

I may have missed something. Anyway, these items are available every night both in the MDR and in Blu.

IF you have a special request, you can speak to the Maitre d' the night before and he will let you know if he can accommodate you. Often, small changes, can be made on the fly. Example would be having your lobster plain with drawn butter instead of in the sauce preparation in Blu or salad without a specific ingredient etc.

The tables for 2 on the Reflection are really close as you can see. There is more space on other S-class ships. But please don't say the atmosphere is elegant and intimate.

It's all relative. More elegant and intimate than the MDR or the buffet.;):)

This is correct. Others suggesting otherwise are simply wrong

That said on chic night you will find almost if not everyone dressed up in both Blu and Luminae. I've never seen anyone who was not suitably attired in either to be honest.

If you go hungry in Blu it's your fat for not ordering enough. However as others have said its not spa food. Portion sizes are adequate.

This is how I read it: Evening Dress Codes - This for me means the evening on the ship no matter which dining room. Casual is grabbing a meal at the Cafe or pool grill. Blu on Chic nights most if not all dressed a little more formal than other nights on our Bermuda Cruise in August. Its sad people have to be told how to dress. We were also told that we could order from the MDR menu but loved the Blu menu just fine. What makes Blu special is the dining room size and a little more attention. (On the M Class Ships)

The evening dress codes used to mean the entire ship after 6:00P.M. but that was eliminated quite a few years ago and does not apply. The dress codes only apply to the MDR and do not include specialty restaurants or Blu. That is clearly stated in the web site. You may choose of course to dress to your taste but your comments may have applied 10 years ago but do not anymore. It's not even an issue anymore and it is not sad that people choose other dress according to the Celebrity cruise lines dress code.

Edited by dkjretired

There is so much confusion on this issue.

In the past, on some ships, the MDR and Blu share the same galley (or next to each other) and Blu diners were able to order off the MDR menu.

However, now, the ONLY items you can order off the MDR menu are the "daily classics". It is the same set of items offered every single night. They are:

- escargot

- French Onion soup

- Caesar salad

- strip steak

- baked salmon

- baked airline chicken (whatever "airline" is?)

- NY style cheesecake (w/or without strawberry sauce)

- vanilla creme brullee

- choc/vanilla/strawberry ice cream

- chocolate dulce de leche cake

?I may have missed something. Anyway, these items are available every night both in the MDR and in Blu.

IF you have a special request, you can speak to the Maitre d' the night before and he will let you know if he can accommodate you. Often, small changes, can be made on the fly. Example would be having your lobster plain with drawn butter instead of in the sauce preparation in Blu or salad without a specific ingredient etc.

What about Breakfast? For instance, Eggs Benedict, Corned Beef Hash, ?

The evening dress codes used to mean the entire ship after 6:00P.M. but that was eliminated quite a few years ago and does not apply. The dress codes only apply to the MDR and do not include specialty restaurants or Blu. That is clearly stated in the web site. You may choose of course to dress to your taste but your comments may have applied 10 years ago but do not anymore. It's not even an issue anymore and it is not sad that people choose other dress according to the Celebrity cruise lines dress code.

Indeed, but not at all relevant to the point I was making. :)

Anyway, it's chic night on the Eclipse tonight, so I'm about to go and find a suit that I don't have to wear, but do have to wear really..... ;) :D

And there's three chic nights on this fourteen night cruise despite me regularly reading on cruise critic that there's usually two on fourteen night sailings. Gotta love the internet eh!

Edited by Mynki

Blu has a much more extensive menu than the MDR for breakfast.

The only thing I am not sure of is the Eggs Benedict. I think it ikely they will make it for you though, because they serve all the different parts separately. The extended room service menu (which you have in Aqua) has eggs benedict on it with a crab cake (for a small up charge) and corned beef hash.

The Blu breakfast menu is here http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-blu

click in the box on the bottom right for the breakfast menu.

Edited by Fish Lover

DW likes Eggs Benedict for breakfast. They are sometimes available in Blu and sometimes not. It depends on the ship and the proximity of Blu to the kitchen where Eggs Benedict are prepared, you just have to ask.

DW likes Eggs Benedict for breakfast. They are sometimes available in Blu and sometimes not. It depends on the ship and the proximity of Blu to the kitchen where Eggs Benedict are prepared, you just have to ask.

Eggs benedict were not available in Blu on the Reflection. You had to go to the MDR.

Eggs benedict were not available in Blu on the Reflection. You had to go to the MDR.

Strange -- we were able to order Eggs Benedict in Blu on Reflection during last October's TA, and also able to order from the MDR menu as well. Same with Silhouette TA the year before.

This is the BLU menu for breakfast.

Egg Benedict is not on the menu. I have had times where I could still order it and other times where I was told they could not serve them.

As much as I love BLU, I actually prefer the buffet for breakfast. I can get what I want, as often as I want and how much I want. And I do not have to decide before.

QKPTMvr_NSDCaIxRU6pp1VolMigYl8XDO4ExIhxBIWK1u-8CHAkgYNJNDwjix8G8oNWfp5B8TpoULiQz5oqr453-UHV-UVfKzSPDZ-xfX9zZwF1ACnsCn1Yhm06ZVVplYwA_27sujl7SQ8IitneZSAiMt6f6DlitJM2NWjeSplakZofiJAAU60bh6BgDZ1tdTghp3LocwtCb4NqLq4j9aBJgR3CGt1BVmaGyBK70SxbC4Io8uF6j3a3MeMsTEMxEF2gnS1ATccG3dAmVd8gapKld8tCwUcUa9QQXJQSl_xCGH7dPyG0xBiycyQc-xUCXxXNpt-o_VweXfmwDqY84vJaJtie7uKNLALn5dS2hPd_RJKt_jS1O25Ytk8Zmce2C2aqgSfYc2sWKaRx3weoHILOk3tKiVMR0qu-yYKQxnB0i9ntS4MEMdgo6sOgcWRuq361WWi2v3my3X56SuDdgf64Y27emKz5_HpV0jcpu0hgPNs00GdOs_jBQUK4kxONmuEyGyxCh0DluNAY1aOV2H6_0IfbVjPSacbdbDN2s75q-c6fVAhYYLcOnj9nvB-RFKq0JU0f7tDAwmPcR83sQvFZAaa7OcyeJ5z6Na7-4HdquJx3V50rF7ZVOKUblnWueXlwKCpTNCBYzbTy95HXWdsKG5BuD5aAsAfqsHrtAUSw=w617-h950-no

This is the BLU menu for breakfast.

Egg Benedict is not on the menu. I have had times where I could still order it and other times where I was told they could not serve them.

As much as I love BLU, I actually prefer the buffet for breakfast. I can get what I want, as often as I want and how much I want. And I do not have to decide before.

It's always been the case that eggs benedict were not on the Blu menu, and in the past, we were told "no," but during the last few years they have always accommodated our request.

The buffet has the most variety, but I find running from pillar to post to get all my breakfast items, get my coffee and juice, then find a place to sit seem to be such a hassle at times.